BBL|11 Discussion

Alex Ross doing all the tweets for thunder bbls twitter account tonight, gave me a few lols

None of those are club cricketers that he is bowling to.

Weatherald (in and out of the woeful SA Shield team) caught hitting to the boundary, Wells (club cricketer who hasn't played shield in ages), Matthew Short (granted is a Shield player currently).

Point was change/improvement. Just getting out same way same score every time isn’t smart.
Is that what he is doing?

Lynn is a perfect game changing opening batsman. Sure, he is gonna fail more than a lot of other openers, but when he fires it can make even the shittest team(Heat) win games against better sides.

Trying to change him into an accumulator, and adding in a sweep shot, it's not his game and it never will be, and it would be wasting his skillset. It's the same as trying to turn Starc into an economical bowler.

Lynn is a perfect game changing opening batsman. Sure, he is gonna fail more than a lot of other openers, but when he fires it can make even the shittest team(Heat) win games against better sides.

Trying to change him into an accumulator, and adding in a sweep shot, it's not his game and it never will be, and it would be wasting his skillset. It's the same as trying to turn Starc into an economical bowler.

He doesn't need to change in to an accumulator, he just needs to play sensibly.

Look at how Ben McDermott has played this season, equally as powerful as Lynn, but he does he come out from the first over and try to premeditate boundaries? No, he bats sensibly, plays each ball on it's merit, if it's a bad one, he'll throw the willow at it, if it's not, he'll try and rotate the strike.

It's not rocket science.

Look at how Ben McDermott has played this season, equally as powerful as Lynn, but he does he come out from the first over and try to premeditate boundaries? No, he bats sensibly, plays each ball on it's merit, if it's a bad one, he'll throw the willow at it, if it's not, he'll try and rotate the strike.

It's not rocket science.

I get the sense he’s on his way to Aussie selection again.

No one has asked for that. Just a bit of thought.

I know he can think for a bit because he did it in Shield cricket and One Day cricket for Queensland.

Do you wonder why he can’t get a run in the Australian side? Why the IPL gave him one game?

Smarter players that are consistent and average 50 too.

It's not rocket science.
It's almost like they are completely different batsmen with different skill sets.

Basically from what you guys are saying, you want Lynn to be a perfect batsman because of how shit the rest of the side is. Seems reasonable.

No one has asked for that. Just a bit of thought.

I know he can think for a bit because he did it in Shield cricket and One Day cricket for Queensland.

Do you wonder why he can’t get a run in the Australian side? Why the IPL gave him one game?

Smarter players that are consistent and average 50 too.
IPL - Struggles against spin and they are limited with O/S players per game
AUS - Can't field/throw, and generally selections for Aus in the last 10 years have been woeful.

IPL - Struggles against spin and they are limited with O/S players per game
AUS - Can't field/throw, and generally selections for Aus in the last 10 years have been woeful.

So Heat come second last, Lynn averages 29 and you applaud and think that’s awesome.

You’re a real student of the game.

The issue with Lynn is his technique, does nothing for being the linchpin of the innings. His technique allows him to hit 180 degrees only and he has a limited arsenal of shots. That’s fine if your coming out to bat for 6-7 overs and whacking the shit out of it for as many runs as possible. But he feels the need to stick around for 4 overs doing **** all cause the rest of the team need balance and then once the power play is over he is fucked and starts going for it without already teeing a few and he spoons it to someone in the inner-circle or lifts his head and ends up bowled.

His issue is the role he has to play in this team is wrong. Don’t give me this shit that McDermott is in the same boat cause he has 2 of the best big bash batsman of all time right alongside him to take that pressure off of staying in and scoring runs at an aggressive rate straight up. Like who does Lynn have and it completely ***** his thought processes and tactic when he is out in the middle.

Lynn has regressed I will agree with that 100%, him and his pal Lehman are just there taking the piss half the time but seriously when is it time we go fucken buying proper players. It doesn’t help we still have 3 players in the test squad and Abell fucken sucked shit and Duckett minus that 70 isn’t to far behind either. Our domestic batting stocks are motherfucking horrendous.

So Heat come second last, Lynn averages 29 and you applaud and think that’s awesome.

You’re a real student of the game.
How did you take that from my post? Like how does that even come into it at all? My post was about Lynn in IPL and Aus selection over the past few years, so you reply with a comment about a recent season in the BBL followed by a weak insult?

How did you take that from my post? Like how does that even come into it at all? My post was about Lynn in IPL and Aus selection over the past few years, so you reply with a comment about a recent season in the BBL followed by a weak insult?

You have just spent two pages telling everyone nothing to see or need for improvement at the Heat.

You have just spent two pages telling everyone nothing to see or need for improvement at the Heat.
I've simply said he is a hitter, and nothing more. These types of players are needed in T20. I'm saying he isn't capable of more, everyone else is saying he needs to change. If his hitting isn't good enough to keep him in the side, he should be dropped and released.

Weatherald (in and out of the woeful SA Shield team) caught hitting to the boundary, Wells (club cricketer who hasn't played shield in ages), Matthew Short (granted is a Shield player currently).
Just bear in mind technically Lynn is a club cricketer as well

Heat v Sixers delayed again as we don’t have enough of a squad that doesn’t have Covid (or at least exposure).

Zaman will be available and local players from Melbourne will be used to fill in the rest for tomorrow*

*edited for accuracy as below

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.