BBL|11 Discussion

Sack anyone with the last name Lynn or Lehmann.

5 ducks and all out for 90. All brain dead* - yeah let’s try and belt one of the best T20 bowlers. That’ll go well. (*the rookies like Guthrie get a pass)

Does Duckett know there’s a shot other then a reverse?

Prestwidge is living up to his family name by being a kind of shit bowler - too up and down and gets carted. Granted, he’s a kid, but the way his siblings have gone doesn’t bode well for him

Can we give Dooley an actual contract? Better him than the Pakistani bloke that can’t even get into QLD yet.

Heat HQ needs a massive broom put through it. I know it’s BBL and people don’t/shouldn’t take it seriously but allowed incompetence really gets to me, no matter the stakes
Won't happen. Watch us miraculously win our last 3 games and make the finals. Then we get absolutely hammered in the finals by the Scorchers and everyone goes, "well that's T20 cricket." And we run back the same side next season. So frustrating!

Why would you want to sack Lynn and Lehmann? Lynn is the teams best bat, and Lehmann is an assistant coach. How would that fix the problems?

Why would you want to sack Lynn and Lehmann? Lynn is the teams best bat, and Lehmann is an assistant coach. How would that fix the problems?
Everyone has it against Lehmann cause these days he comes off as if he doesn’t give a shit but exactly right he is so far down the pecking order now he has little say in what goes on. He’s just about only there to side arm them and talk to the media 2-3 times a game so the important blokes don’t. As for Lynn the dude has been shit this year 100% but he isn’t an opener and needs to be dropped down. My thought always has been if we got rid of Lynn would the team re-align there approach and thinking process. It’s the Brisbane Heat so unlikely. But I’m with you what the **** will sacking either of them do.

Lynn played with half a brain tonight, but still got himself out playing a dumb shot against a spinner.

He's not worth persisting with

Lynn probably can't be your main bat anymore and Lynnsanity now means watching the insane shots be makes to get out, but I feel like he absolutely should be somewhere if the Heat can, still more valuable than some of these other numpties if he gets going.

Banton is a must get for this team next season. He's only played 7 games for us but already has 223 runs at 31.85 and a strike rate of 176.98 and 3 50s from his 7 innings. Duckett is another one that must return. Has only played 10 games for us and is already our 14th highest run scorer in our history (Banton is 17th). Our batting has always been our downfall. Apart from (I think it was season 7) where we finished 2nd on the table and got beaten by the 6ers in a super over in the semi every season we have had a losing record. This mostly comes down to our batting. This year I think our bowlers have been really good. Apart from about 2 games we have either held teams to chase-able targets, defended low scores or just had no runs to play with and almost got us home. I'd go close to say we have probably top 3 bowling attack. However, our batting needs a massive overhaul.

A top six of:

1. Banton
2. Recruited QUALITY opener
3. Lynn
4. Duckett
5. Recruited middle order player like a Wells

would serve us well.

Chris Lynn - Thank yoooooooooouuuuuuuuuuu...for nothing.

Max Bryant thank you for finally doing something of note for a change.

Bryant just didn't receive enough support. He stepped up and played the type of innings we know he's capable of but he really needed some support before Pierson at least gave the bowlers something to bowl towards.

It was still always going to be tough, especially once Mitch Marsh started going. He played some lovely shots, but neither Steketee nor Bazley bowled particularly well either.

I don't think it would have made much difference, but had McSweeney caught Munro on the boundary it may have disrupted the Scorchers before they took full advantage of their power play. Instead Marsh and Munro steadied themselves and Mitch Marsh just lapped it up.

Swepson bowled OK with 2-19 and was unlucky not to have 3 but nothing I'd consider outstanding. Otherwise it's difficult to draw too many positives from that bowling performance.

Bryant just didn't receive enough support. He stepped up and played the type of innings we know he's capable of but he really needed some support before Pierson at least gave the bowlers something to bowl towards.

It was still always going to be tough, especially once Mitch Marsh started going. He played some lovely shots, but neither Steketee nor Bazley bowled particularly well either.

I don't think it would have made much difference, but had McSweeney caught Munro on the boundary it may have disrupted the Scorchers before they took full advantage of their power play. Instead Marsh and Munro steadied themselves and Mitch Marsh just lapped it up.

Swepson bowled OK with 2-19 and was unlucky not to have 3 but nothing I'd consider outstanding. Otherwise it's difficult to draw too many positives from that bowling performance.

Even when a single batsman performs, our bowlers underperform. When our bowlers perform, none of the batsmen stand up.

It's like they draw straws before the game to see who will play seriously.

Such a joke of a team, it's got to the point that no matter what happens or how good one of our players is, I just expect us to get beat

Any team with McSweeney in it is never going to be good enough.

Any team with McSweeney in it is never going to be good enough.
That’s a bit rough. Obviously he just isn’t a T20 batsmen he doesn’t have the surprisingly patience or ability to stick around and make runs at a decent rate. Fielding wise you’d be surprised McSweeney would almost without a doubt be the best fielder in that Heat side and would give the best fielders in the country a run for there money (I’ve experienced that personally and is backed by Smithy). That dropped catch was merely just shit going wrong and it happens. Without a shadow of a doubt McSweeney is a first class player and the man absolute dominated grade cricket in Brisbane and 2nd XI for SA. Whilst he just hasn’t quite got going in shield he isn’t useless either he usually notches together 30’s than falls. He is still young and believe me when he finds his feet we could have a very good cricketer on our hands.

The Heat need an overhaul. One decision they have to make is whether to keep Bryant or Haezlett. You can have one in your squad, but not both. They are both match winners on their day, but that day is about once every 3 seasons. Both have shown potential to break out, but it is yet to happen. For me, I'd stick with Bryant. If we can get Banton next season, having he and Bryant at the top could be very dangerous, especially if Bryant can bat more like he did today.

Boyce, who disappeared for some reason and is now back for some reason, took 4 wickets in four balls, a rare double hattrick but goodness me, why have umpires. One of those decisions was a disgrace.

Death, taxes and Lynn getting out cracking it straight to a fielder in the ring

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.