CRICKET BBL|12

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Khawaja & Munro is quite a formidable opening pair. Just a shame we’ll be out of contention by then.

Next time we need to get 3 genuine superstar internationals, Billings and Munro have been good, Whiteley has been gash.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Next time we need to get 3 genuine superstar internationals, Billings and Munro have been good, Whiteley has been gash.

Billings had that one good innings but other than that, he’s also been awful. None of it is going to matter anyway unless they get a better bowling attack.

Swepson seems to be woefully out of form. As you said and I’ve said multiple times, the fact he qualifies as an international ring in is a disgrace. He offers nothing a local club cricketer doesn’t provide.

Steketee and Neser are rocks or a bit more shiny rocks. Kuhnemann looks ok. Bazley has something it seems, worth persisting with.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Also, Bryant has to go. It is no good at all if you can hit it like a rocket but get out hitting it straight to a fielder in the first over every single time. Maybe give Heazlett a go, not sure who else there is.

Once the test guys are back, they’ll probably go something like:

1. Khawaja
2. Munro
3. Labushagne
4. Billings
5. Renshaw
6. Pierson
7. Bazley
8. Neser
9. Steketee
10. Swepson
11. Kuhnemann

That pace attack lacks variety. Needs a genuine speedster or lefty or guy with a bag of tricks. I’d be going all out to sign Jhye next year though not sure the state of his contract or willingness to leave Perth. Hardie as well, just for something different up the order and a guy who can legit offer an over or two with the ball if needed.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Jhye would be amazing but totally agree, we need some pace bowler with a point of difference.

I don't watch a lot of IPL but Mumbai has an attack of Bumrah, Archer and Jhye next season.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Jhye would be amazing but I think you have to be quite realistic with who the Heat can sign as there really isn’t much domestic movement. I would be going after Kane Richardson when he is off-contract and trying to get him up here so he can align both his domestic teams.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I’m still baffled the Heat didn’t go all in on Jono Wells. Just the type of player we require. A middle order rock and smart batsman. We just have dumb batsmen who can’t read a game situation.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I’m still baffled the Heat didn’t go all in on Jono Wells. Just the type of player we require. A middle order rock and smart batsman. We just have dumb batsmen who can’t read a game situation.
They very well might have but there is no way of knowing since absolutely no journalist gives a **** about bbl contracts cause there is virtually no domestic movement or at least for the heat there isn’t.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Also, Bryant has to go. It is no good at all if you can hit it like a rocket but get out hitting it straight to a fielder in the first over every single time. Maybe give Heazlett a go, not sure who else there is.

Once the test guys are back, they’ll probably go something like:

1. Khawaja
2. Munro
3. Labushagne
4. Billings
5. Renshaw
6. Pierson
7. Bazley
8. Neser
9. Steketee
10. Swepson
11. Kuhnemann

That pace attack lacks variety. Needs a genuine speedster or lefty or guy with a bag of tricks. I’d be going all out to sign Jhye next year though not sure the state of his contract or willingness to leave Perth. Hardie as well, just for something different up the order and a guy who can legit offer an over or two with the ball if needed.

I think Khawaja, Marnus and Renshaw are all a bit of same/same, I know Bryant has been bad and his one decent knock was the result of a bit of luck but we do need someone capable of clearing the fence. Wouldn't mind seeing Bazley get a crack up the top at some stage

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Jhye would be amazing but I think you have to be quite realistic with who the Heat can sign as there really isn’t much domestic movement. I would be going after Kane Richardson when he is off-contract and trying to get him up here so he can align both his domestic teams.

The problem with signing any Perth player and probably one of the main reasons Perth have been so successful is how far away from the Eastern states Perth is

They probably want to base themselves at home, spend time with the family over Christmas, etc.. they rarely lose any of their good players meanwhile the teams on the Eastern side of the country are trading in and out quite regularly. You look at the Melbourne Stars, Coulter-Nile and Stoinis are WA based players I believe, they sat out the game against the Sixers as their next away game was in Perth, they would have spent Christmas with their family for sure at the expense of the Melbourne Stars

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I think Khawaja, Marnus and Renshaw are all a bit of same/same, I know Bryant has been bad and his one decent knock was the result of a bit of luck but we do need someone capable of clearing the fence. Wouldn't mind seeing Bazley get a crack up the top at some stage

It’s why they shouldn’t have got rid of Lynn. This team with Lynn instead of Bryant would at least be competitive.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Also why the heck is this Whitely bloke playing instead of Wildermuth? Wildermuth may not be a superstar but almost anyone is better than this ring in.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Also why the heck is this Whitely bloke playing instead of Wildermuth? Wildermuth may not be a superstar but almost anyone is better than this ring in.

I obviously don't have the answer but he must have impressed someone, maybe tonight he will show his quality, just trying to be optimistic about it all as we need him to bring something otherwise we are no chance (it's getting to that point already)

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
What would you guys be going with for the next Aussie T20 side? I’m still going experimental (and minus test players):

1. Philippe
2. Finch (c)
3. Wade (Marsh is injured)
4. Hardie
5. Stoinis
6. Inglis
7. Sams
8. Sutherland
9. Ellis
10. Thornton
11. Zampa

12. Chris Green

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
What would you guys be going with for the next Aussie T20 side? I’m still going experimental (and minus test players):

1. Philippe
2. Finch (c)
3. Wade (Marsh is injured)
4. Hardie
5. Stoinis
6. Inglis
7. Sams
8. Sutherland
9. Ellis
10. Thornton
11. Zampa

12. Chris Green

1. Matthew Short
2. Matthew Wade (c)
3. Ben McDermott
4. Mitch Marsh (Finch to get a middle order reprieve if Marsh unavailable)
5. Marcus Stoinis
6. Josh Inglis (wk)
7. Hayden Kerr
8. Jhye Richardson
9. Nathan Ellis
10. Henry Thornton
11. Adam Zampa

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
1. Matthew Short
2. Matthew Wade (c)
3. Ben McDermott
4. Mitch Marsh (Finch to get a middle order reprieve if Marsh unavailable)
5. Marcus Stoinis
6. Josh Inglis (wk)
7. Hayden Kerr
8. Jhye Richardson
9. Nathan Ellis
10. Henry Thornton
11. Adam Zampa

I like it. Embarrassingly, I totally forgot Richardson, he's definitely in my team too. Kerr is a good shout. I'd like to see Short keep this up for another season before picking him and McDermott seems horribly out of form but overall, I like your team.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Green is an interesting one, he's obviously got a good cricket brain, if you were to judge him as a bowler a couple of seasons ago you just would assume he would get belted all over the place

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
And Munro goes in the first over. Why is it that the Heat just cannot get through the first over of any game? It seems like as soon as you pull on a Heat jersey, you automatically become super dumb.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
So...why have the Heat been hiding Josh Brown until now??

Unread

Active Now

• Organix
  • Morkel
  • johnny plath
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Skyblues87
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • Aldo
  • Dash
  • sooticus
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.