BBL07 Discussion

Lynn said last night possibly back for next home game on the 27th. Didn't sound super confident again. Really good win

Burnsy in good form.

Great pitch for batting, 51 runs from the Stars in the power play which was the third most in BBL for the loss of three wickets. Wright was a big wicket he has hit more fours in the PP then anyone else in BBL.

They got wickets when they had to and contained them well, thought the bowlers did a really good holding job and key wickets fell.

Heat's score was the second highest total at the 'Gabba. Heat pulled really well and loved the back of a length the Stars kept dishing up.

Burns warmed up nicely- first 12 balls- 10 runs and no boundaries then next 10 balls 30 runs, 4 fours and 2 sixes. He's in great form at the moment. He's back in 2014 form, 183 against NSW gives me chills.

26 BBL games at ‘Gabba. Teams have chosen to bat just 10 times. For only four wins.

14/26 won by chasing team. Came unstuck last night.

December 2015- last time a team chose to bat.

I am and always have been a big fan of Ben Cutting, but we have to move past him as a bowler. Every single year it is the same issue with his bowling which for whatever reason he cannot fix.

He just bowls everything right in the hitting zone, he’s quick, but not that quick, and he doesn’t do anything else other than standard up-and-down pace balls; no swing, no slow balls, no cutters (heh) - nothing. Even Lalor bowled better, which says a lot

He just bowls everything right in the hitting zone, he’s quick, but not that quick, and he doesn’t do anything else other than standard up-and-down pace balls; no swing, no slow balls, no cutters (heh) - nothing. Even Lalor bowled better, which says a lot

Completely agree.
I was actually quiet impressed by Lalor last night. Very good win and exciting seeing we were missing our best batsman.

I hope we give Heazlett the whole Summer and don't dump him for Labuschagne if he has a couple of failures, the kid averages over 50 in domestic one day games at a strike rate of nearly 100, he can play.

I hope we give Heazlett the whole Summer and don't dump him for Labuschagne if he has a couple of failures, the kid averages over 50 in domestic one day games at a strike rate of nearly 100, he can play.

He's only played two games for Queensland and averages 37.5.

3 v New South Wales.
72 v Tasmania.

His List A average isn't just Queensland.

He played the one day comp for the NPS against Australian A, India A and South Africa A in 2016. That's five of his games and then his ODI against New Zealand and then two games for Bulls.

8 games- 289 runs for NPS, 4 runs Australia and 75 Queensland. 209 of those runs was from the three games against South Africa A over three bats.

He's only played two games for Queensland and averages 37.5.

3 v New South Wales.
72 v Tasmania.

His List A average isn't just Queensland.

He played the one day comp for the NPS against Australian A, India A and South Africa A in 2016. That's five of his games and then his ODI against New Zealand and then two games for Bulls.

8 games- 289 runs for NPS, 4 runs Australia and 75 Queensland. 209 of those runs was from the three games against South Africa A over three bats.

So if anything that only exalts his average right? I can only assume the South Africa A & India A ODI sides are higher quality than our domestic teams.

So if anything that only exalts his average right? I can only assume the South Africa A & India A ODI sides are higher quality than our domestic teams.

Third best debut Shield year with Queensland (Hayden and Hick in front) 100 on debut too like Hayden carried more weight with me than runs against South Africa A.

I don't watch any South African domestic cricket so I don't know if their domestic players are better. 100 off 87 on List A debut is great but I'd prefer it be for the Bulls.

South Africa A one-day squad: Wayne Parnell (c), Qaasim Adams, Marchant de Lange, Reeza Hendricks, Heino Kuhn, Eddie Leie, Sisanda Magala, Aaron Phangiso, Andile Phehlukwayo, Dwaine Pretorius, Rilee Rossouw, Malusi Siboto, Khaya Zondo, David Miller, Dane Vilas.

Parnell is the only one of those I have heard of or seen I am pretty sure.

De Lange would also make any sub-continent test side easily.

Brisbane Heat v Melbourne Renegades
Etihad Stadium, Saturday Dec 23, 6:25pm (QLD time)

#42 Brendon McCullum (c)
#31 Ben Cutting
#35 Brendan Doggett
#21 Cameron Gannon
#47 Sam Heazlett
#9 Marnus Labuschagne
#2 Josh Lalor
#50 Chris Lynn
#59 Jimmy Peirson
#49 Alex Ross
#7 Shadab Khan
#6 Mark Steketee
#4 Mitchell Swepson

Much stronger bowling.

James Muirhead playing for the Scorchers this arvo, whatever happened to this kid? Played T20's for Australia at the age of 21 and then just disappeared for 3 years.

Brisbane Heat v Melbourne Renegades
Etihad Stadium, Saturday Dec 23, 6:25pm (QLD time)

#42 Brendon McCullum (c)
#31 Ben Cutting
#35 Brendan Doggett
#21 Cameron Gannon
#47 Sam Heazlett
#9 Marnus Labuschagne
#2 Josh Lalor
#50 Chris Lynn
#59 Jimmy Peirson
#49 Alex Ross
#7 Shadab Khan
#6 Mark Steketee
#4 Mitchell Swepson

Much stronger bowling.

Will probably be the same 11 as our last game with Marnus in for Joe.

1. McCullum (c)
2. Peirson
3. Heazlett
4. Labuschagne
5. Ross
6. Cutting
7. Khan
8. Swepson
9. Lalor
10. Steketee
11. Doggett

That bowling line-up should be mean Cutting doesn't have to bowl a ball, essentially in the team as a pinch hitter @ 6. Once Lynn & Burns are fit I'd be leaving him out of the team entirely.

Healthy -

1. McCullum (c)
2. Peirson
3. Lynn
4. Heazlett
5. Burns
6. Ross
7. Khan
8. Swepson
9. Lalor
10. Steketee
11. Doggett

James Muirhead playing for the Scorchers this arvo, whatever happened to this kid? Played T20's for Australia at the age of 21 and then just disappeared for 3 years.

He’s been in their squad every year but doesn’t get a run over all their other spin options. Hard team to crack when they win it or make the Grand Final every year.

Unread

Active Now

• Midean
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.