BBL07 Discussion

Have heat backed Melbourne?

Its shit

Next year the heat need a new keeper , peirson just doesnt get the runs and gets out too early

Are the heat drunk? I know it seems like I’m joking but I am serious.

**** me i thought we might be chucking it but we are too obvious if that's the case.
You would go a long way to see a worse all round performance than this so far.

Wildermuth pitched 16 of his 24 balls on a good length, conceding just 7 runs and picking up three wickets from those deliveries.

He's a gun, no idea why we didn't sign him up before someone else came in? Cutting was an acceptable loss, Wildermuth is actually useful.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/chr...-shoulder-surgery-gabba-highlights/2017-12-24

Brisbane Heat superstar Chris Lynn is confident of making his long-awaited return to cricket against Sydney Thunder on Wednesday night at the Gabba.
Despite undergoing a shoulder reconstruction in July that was initially forecast to keep him sidelines until the end of January, Lynn had been hopeful of returning for the Heat's opener against Melbourne Stars last week.
However it was a hamstring niggle that had coaching staff erring on the side of caution for their talismanic batsman, and that remained the case for the defeat to Melbourne Renegades last night.
Now, however, Lynn is poised to re-enter the KFC Big Bash, bringing with him all the firepower that has seen him smash 53 sixes and win two Player-of-the-Tournament awards over the past two BBL campaigns.
"It's exciting. I haven't quite got the 100 per cent nod yet but I'm pretty confident I'll turn out on Wednesday night against the Sydney Thunder," he said.
"It's been a long time coming, there's a few nerves there, but I think it's just like riding a bike – once you're out there, get off the mark and it's straight back into business.
"I'll probably train tomorrow and Boxing Day and make sure I tick off the final boxes … make sure the support staff and coaching staff are happy and go from there."

You know, I think Cutting is good enough just to be a batsman in the Heat line-up. Even if he dropped the bowling, he should still be there as a power hitter IMO.

I hope he drops the bowling tho.

He could keep the bowling but needs to develop a couple of slower ball variations. He’s not express pace or capable of being accurate

KFC Big Bash League
Brisbane Heat v Sydney Thunder, the Gabba
Wednesday Dec 27th - 6:10pm

#42 Brendon McCullum (c)
#15 Joe Burns
#31 Ben Cutting
#35 Brendan Doggett
#47 Sam Heazlett
#9 Marnus Labuschagne
#2 Josh Lalor
#50 Chris Lynn
#59 Jimmy Peirson
#49 Alex Ross
#7 Shadab Khan
#6 Mark Steketee
#4 Mitchell Swepson

Hopefully Lynn & Burns are in.

1. McCullum
2. Peirson
3. Lynn
4. Burns
5. Heazlett
6. Ross
7. Cutting
8. Swepson
9. Khan
10. Steketee
11. Lalor

Thunder batting. Bucking the ‘Gabba trend.

Lynn and Burns back.

Need to get Twatto out. Or just keep the spinners away from him

Get him to the 90s and he’ll get himself out

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.