BBL07 Discussion

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by Unbreakable, Nov 28, 2017.

http://www.bigbash.com.au/news/bris...e-bbl07-gannon-valente-bryant-wbbl/2017-11-28

The Brisbane Heat have applied the finishing touches to their KFC Big Bash League squad by welcoming back a championship winner and adding a rising allrounder and young gun batsman.

Pace bowler Cameron Gannon, a member of the BBL|02 Heat championship squad, re-joins Brisbane after stints with the Melbourne Renegades and Melbourne Stars.

Promising South Australian allrounder Cameron Valente joins the Heat for the first time, having previously been a member of the Perth Scorchers title-winning squad last season.

Big-hitting teenage batsman Max Bryant rounds out the trio of signings, with the Gold Coast Dolphins opener making a name for himself during the JLT One Day Cup in October during his time with the Cricket Australia XI.

Brisbane Heat coach Dan Vettori said he was pleased with the recruits to the squad.

“Ganno has shown in the past he has the skills to compete at this level and we’re delighted to welcome him back into the fold,’’ he said.

“He’s a fine athlete, experienced and has developed his all-round game appreciably to give us variety and skill in our squad.”

Redbacks allrounder Valente brings a reputation as a determined lower-order batsman and deceptive right-arm medium-fast bowler – who topped the domestic one-day wicket-taking stakes two seasons ago – with Vettori liking those attributes after watching the 23-year-old play one-day cricket over the past two seasons.

“Cameron Valente is a talented and composed player. The centuries he has scored for South Australia in List A have all come in high pressure situations and we think his bowling can provide very handy variety,” he said.

Bryant, 18, was the Brisbane Heat’s development rookie last season but graduates to the Heat’s senior squad just a matter of weeks after graduating from high school on the Tweed Coast.

A member of the preliminary Australian Under-19 squad for the ICC World Under-19 Cup in New Zealand early next year, the right-handed top order dasher caught the eye with some clean-hitting for the CA XI.

He hit 60 from 48 balls against the Bulls and followed that with a sizzling 89 from 61 balls against a near full-strength NSW team.

He departs for Tasmania next week to play for Queensland in the Under-19 national championships.

Vettori said Bryant had the opportunity to further enhance his skills during the BBL.

“Max has had a taste of what it is like the BBL and now as a part of the full squad, we believe he can continue to develop his game. He’s got some good physical gifts so hopefully we can provide some more insights for him,’’ he said.

Brisbane Heat squad: Max Bryant, Joe Burns, Ben Cutting, Brendan Doggett, Jason Floros, Cameron Gannon, Sam Heazlett, Shadab Khan (International), Marnus Labuschagne, Josh Lalor, Chris Lynn, Brendon McCullum (international, captain), Jimmy Peirson, Matt Renshaw, Alex Ross, Mitchell Swepson, Mark Steketee, Cameron Valente.

Tags:
  1. Sproj

Sproj

Valente is a great signing, I really rate him. A genuine all-rounder this kid.

2. Sproj

Sproj

You'd probably looking at this for your first XI if everyone were fit (which obviously Lynn never is):

1. Peirson/Renshaw
    2. McCullum
    3. Lynn/Labushagne
    4. Heazlett
    5. Burns
    6. Ross
    7. Cutting
    8. Valente
    9. Steketee/Gannon
    10. Swepson
    11. Khan

Renshaw isn't coming anywhere near our XI when we're healthy. I'd say our healthy XI is -

1. Peirson
    2. McCullum (c)
    3. Lynn
    4. Burns
    5. Heazlett
    6. Ross
    7. Cutting
    8. Valente
    9. Steketee
    10. Swepson
    11. Khan

Burns up to 3, Heazlett up to 4 and Labuschagne in at 5 whilst Lynn is out.

3. GKDonkey

GKDonkey NRL Captain

As usual decent batting line up with a shit bowling attack.
    And why Renshaw, he is the complete opposite to a 20/20 style player.

Sproj likes this.
  4. GKDonkey

GKDonkey NRL Captain

How many games is Lynn expected to be out for?

5. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

I was so impressed with Bryant in the One Day comp. I talked him up in the Bull's thread. So aggressive and compact. He's going to surprise if he gets a run.

6. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

His shoulder was working well at the Test last week.

7. Sproj

Sproj

I have no problems with that at all, could you see him getting a game before Pierson/Labushagne?

8. Jimmy is the first choice keeper I'd imagine.. I'd rather McCullum save his energy for batting :P

9. Sproj

Sproj

I would think so too, so as much as it would be great to see Bryant get a gig, I just can't see it happening.

10. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Pierson no but Labushagne yes.

He’s in form 377 runs at 53 with two 100’s. He’s hit 75% of that in boundaries.

Two 50’s in the one day comp.

If he gets a game or two and performs he could be the Bulls’ opener when it resumes.

11. Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads International Captain

Burnsy is in for a big BBL this year.

Mister Wright likes this.
  12. Squads -

Adelaide Strikers:

Wes Agar
    Alex Carey
    Jonathon Dean
    Travis Head (c)
    Colin Ingram (International)
    Rashid Khan (International)
    Ben Laughlin
    Jake Lehmann
    Michael Neser
    Peter Siddle
    Billy Stanlake
    Jake Weatherald
    Jonathan Wells

Brisbane Heat:

Max Bryant
    Joe Burns
    Ben Cutting
    Brendan Doggett
    Jason Floros
    Cameron Gannon
    Sam Heazlett
    Shadab Khan (International)
    Marnus Labuschagne
    Josh Lalor
    Chris Lynn
    Brendon McCullum (c) (International)
    Jimmy Peirson
    Matt Renshaw
    Alex Ross
    Mitchell Swepson
    Mark Steketee
    Cameron Valente

Hobart Hurricanes:

Jofra Archer (International)
    George Bailey (c)
    James Bazley
    Cameron Boyce
    Dan Christian
    Hamish Kingston
    Ben McDermott
    Simon Milenko
    Tymal Mills (International)
    David Moody
    Tim Paine
    Sam Rainbird
    Jake Reed
    Tom Rogers
    Clive Rose
    D'Arcy Short
    Matthew Wade

Melbourne Renegades:

Dwayne Bravo (International)
    Tom Cooper
    Aaron Finch (c)
    Marcus Harris
    Brad Hodge
    Brad Hogg
    Jon Holland
    Tim Ludeman
    Joe Mennie
    Sunil Narine (International)
    James Pattinson
    Kane Richardson
    Matt Short
    Chris Tremain
    Guy Walker
    Beau Webster
    Cameron White
    Jack Wildermuth

Melbourne Stars:

Michael Beer
    Scott Boland
    Jackson Coleman
    Ben Dunk
    James Faulkner
    Seb Gotch
    Evan Gulbis
    Peter Handscomb
    Sam Harper
    John Hastings (c)
    Ben Hilfenhaus
    Glenn Maxwell
    Kevin Pietersen (International)
    Rob Quiney
    Marcus Stoinis
    Daniel Worrall
    Luke Wright (International)
    Adam Zampa

Perth Scorchers:

Ashton Agar
    Cameron Bancroft
    Jason Behrendorff
    Hilton Cartwright
    Nathan Coulter-Nile
    Mitchell Johnson
    Michael Klinger
    Mitch Marsh
    Shaun Marsh
    Joel Paris
    Jhye Richardson
    Ashton Turner
    Andrew Tye
    Adam Voges (c)
    Sam Whiteman
    David Willey (International)

Sydney Sixers:

Sean Abbott
    Sam Billings (International)
    Jackson Bird
    Johan Botha
    Ben Dwarshuis
    Mickey Edwards
    Moises Henriques (c)
    Daniel Hughes
    Nathan Lyon
    Nic Maddinson
    Peter Nevill
    Stephen O’Keefe
    Jason Roy (International)
    Jordan Silk
    Mitchell Starc
    Henry Thornton

Sydney Thunder:

Fawad Ahmed
    Aiden Blizzard
    Jos Buttler (International)
    Pat Cummins
    Callum Ferguson
    Ryan Gibson
    Chris Green
    Jay Lenton
    Usman Khawaja
    Mitchell McClenaghan (International)
    Arjun Nair
    Clint McKay
    Kurtis Patterson
    Ben Rohrer
    Gurinder Sandhu
    Shane Watson (c)

13. Sproj

Sproj

Scorchers look like shoo-ins. The Heat look a better side in the rest of really mediocre teams though.

14. http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...k=86ffb2fe3daa028198272dfc42e88f0a-1512377375

THE Big Bash king is back.
    Heat superstar Chris Lynn has declared he wants to play Brisbane’s opening match of the summer.
    The six-hitting machine has fought back from a shoulder reconstruction to headline Brisbane’s upcoming BBL campaign.
    There were fears Lynn could miss most of the BBL, if not all, after he went under the knife in July.
    But he has been smashing balls in the nets and is ready to face the Melbourne Stars at the Gabba on December 20.
    “I won’t be 100 per cent but I know my body better than anyone,” Lynn told The Courier-Mail.
    “I’m pretty confident with where I’m at. I’m fit enough to take the field for the Brisbane Heat.
    “I’ll leave (selection) up to (coach) Dan Vettori and the support staff but I’d love to play.
    “I feel like the body is good enough to play game one against Melbourne Stars.
    “I feel like I’m good enough to contribute well enough and put in a big performance for the Brisbane Heat.”
    Lynn’s availability is a massive boost for the Heat.
    He was crowned last summer’s player of the tournament for the second straight year after clobbering 26 sixes and 309 runs in just five matches before injury struck.
    The 27-year-old is the Heat’s biggest drawcard alongside Kiwi star Brendon McCullum and was a major reason for Brisbane’s bumper Gabba crowds in 2016-17.
    Lynn is now pain-free after struggling with shoulder and neck problems for four years and is planning to launch more sixes into the Gabba grandstands and beyond.
    “Hopefully I can put it (injuries) all to bed,” he said.
    “It’s been a pain in the arse over the last four years. To be pain-free playing cricket is something I’ve really wanted to do/
    “It’s all going well. Hopefully I can stay on the paddock for a longer period of time than what I have.
    “I’ve only really gone a couple of tournaments here and there then been out for a few months.
    “If I can stay on the paddock for 12 months there is plenty of opportunities, not only in Australia but around the world.
    “It’s something I look forward to. I know I’m definitely good enough.”
    Lynn is planning to make his playing return in Brisbane’s warm-up games on the Sunshine Coast on December 15-16.
    If he can prove he is not a liability in the field there should be nothing standing in his way for the Stars opener.

15. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

I don’t think Heat fans are going to be too happy with the team on Wednesday.

16. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

I swear to god half your posts on here are like a teenage girls on Facebook.

Just tell us what the **** team is if you know.

17. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Good morning to you.

I am not the physio or doctor so it's not my call to make. The ability to read would benefit you greatly- I don't think is what I said. Stop for a second who could be in some doubt about playing tomorrow night.

18. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

My point is, if you either can't or won't name the person, then say nothing. This whole 'I know something you don't know, na na na na na' bullshit got old in high school.