BBL07 Discussion

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
http://www.bigbash.com.au/news/bris...e-bbl07-gannon-valente-bryant-wbbl/2017-11-28

The Brisbane Heat have applied the finishing touches to their KFC Big Bash League squad by welcoming back a championship winner and adding a rising allrounder and young gun batsman.

Pace bowler Cameron Gannon, a member of the BBL|02 Heat championship squad, re-joins Brisbane after stints with the Melbourne Renegades and Melbourne Stars.

Promising South Australian allrounder Cameron Valente joins the Heat for the first time, having previously been a member of the Perth Scorchers title-winning squad last season.

Big-hitting teenage batsman Max Bryant rounds out the trio of signings, with the Gold Coast Dolphins opener making a name for himself during the JLT One Day Cup in October during his time with the Cricket Australia XI.

Brisbane Heat coach Dan Vettori said he was pleased with the recruits to the squad.

“Ganno has shown in the past he has the skills to compete at this level and we’re delighted to welcome him back into the fold,’’ he said.

“He’s a fine athlete, experienced and has developed his all-round game appreciably to give us variety and skill in our squad.”

Redbacks allrounder Valente brings a reputation as a determined lower-order batsman and deceptive right-arm medium-fast bowler – who topped the domestic one-day wicket-taking stakes two seasons ago – with Vettori liking those attributes after watching the 23-year-old play one-day cricket over the past two seasons.

“Cameron Valente is a talented and composed player. The centuries he has scored for South Australia in List A have all come in high pressure situations and we think his bowling can provide very handy variety,” he said.

Bryant, 18, was the Brisbane Heat’s development rookie last season but graduates to the Heat’s senior squad just a matter of weeks after graduating from high school on the Tweed Coast.

A member of the preliminary Australian Under-19 squad for the ICC World Under-19 Cup in New Zealand early next year, the right-handed top order dasher caught the eye with some clean-hitting for the CA XI.

He hit 60 from 48 balls against the Bulls and followed that with a sizzling 89 from 61 balls against a near full-strength NSW team.

He departs for Tasmania next week to play for Queensland in the Under-19 national championships.

Vettori said Bryant had the opportunity to further enhance his skills during the BBL.

“Max has had a taste of what it is like the BBL and now as a part of the full squad, we believe he can continue to develop his game. He’s got some good physical gifts so hopefully we can provide some more insights for him,’’ he said.

Brisbane Heat squad: Max Bryant, Joe Burns, Ben Cutting, Brendan Doggett, Jason Floros, Cameron Gannon, Sam Heazlett, Shadab Khan (International), Marnus Labuschagne, Josh Lalor, Chris Lynn, Brendon McCullum (international, captain), Jimmy Peirson, Matt Renshaw, Alex Ross, Mitchell Swepson, Mark Steketee, Cameron Valente.

Valente is a great signing, I really rate him. A genuine all-rounder this kid.

You'd probably looking at this for your first XI if everyone were fit (which obviously Lynn never is):

1. Peirson/Renshaw
2. McCullum
3. Lynn/Labushagne
4. Heazlett
5. Burns
6. Ross
7. Cutting
8. Valente
9. Steketee/Gannon
10. Swepson
11. Khan

Renshaw isn't coming anywhere near our XI when we're healthy. I'd say our healthy XI is -

1. Peirson
2. McCullum (c)
3. Lynn
4. Burns
5. Heazlett
6. Ross
7. Cutting
8. Valente
9. Steketee
10. Swepson
11. Khan

Burns up to 3, Heazlett up to 4 and Labuschagne in at 5 whilst Lynn is out.

As usual decent batting line up with a shit bowling attack.
And why Renshaw, he is the complete opposite to a 20/20 style player.

How many games is Lynn expected to be out for?

Valente is a great signing, I really rate him. A genuine all-rounder this kid.

I was so impressed with Bryant in the One Day comp. I talked him up in the Bull's thread. So aggressive and compact. He's going to surprise if he gets a run.

I was so impressed with Bryant in the One Day comp. I talked him up in the Bull's thread. So aggressive and compact. He's going to surprise if he gets a run.

I have no problems with that at all, could you see him getting a game before Pierson/Labushagne?

I have no problems with that at all, could you see him getting a game before Pierson/Labushagne?

Jimmy is the first choice keeper I'd imagine.. I'd rather McCullum save his energy for batting :P

Jimmy is the first choice keeper I'd imagine.. I'd rather McCullum save his energy for batting :p

I would think so too, so as much as it would be great to see Bryant get a gig, I just can't see it happening.

Pierson no but Labushagne yes.

He’s in form 377 runs at 53 with two 100’s. He’s hit 75% of that in boundaries.

Two 50’s in the one day comp.

If he gets a game or two and performs he could be the Bulls’ opener when it resumes.

Squads -

Adelaide Strikers:

Wes Agar
Alex Carey
Jonathon Dean
Travis Head (c)
Colin Ingram (International)
Rashid Khan (International)
Ben Laughlin
Jake Lehmann
Michael Neser
Peter Siddle
Billy Stanlake
Jake Weatherald
Jonathan Wells

Brisbane Heat:

Max Bryant
Joe Burns
Ben Cutting
Brendan Doggett
Jason Floros
Cameron Gannon
Sam Heazlett
Shadab Khan (International)
Marnus Labuschagne
Josh Lalor
Chris Lynn
Brendon McCullum (c) (International)
Jimmy Peirson
Matt Renshaw
Alex Ross
Mitchell Swepson
Mark Steketee
Cameron Valente

Hobart Hurricanes:

Jofra Archer (International)
George Bailey (c)
James Bazley
Cameron Boyce
Dan Christian
Hamish Kingston
Ben McDermott
Simon Milenko
Tymal Mills (International)
David Moody
Tim Paine
Sam Rainbird
Jake Reed
Tom Rogers
Clive Rose
D'Arcy Short
Matthew Wade

Melbourne Renegades:

Dwayne Bravo (International)
Tom Cooper
Aaron Finch (c)
Marcus Harris
Brad Hodge
Brad Hogg
Jon Holland
Tim Ludeman
Joe Mennie
Sunil Narine (International)
James Pattinson
Kane Richardson
Matt Short
Chris Tremain
Guy Walker
Beau Webster
Cameron White
Jack Wildermuth

Melbourne Stars:

Michael Beer
Scott Boland
Jackson Coleman
Ben Dunk
James Faulkner
Seb Gotch
Evan Gulbis
Peter Handscomb
Sam Harper
John Hastings (c)
Ben Hilfenhaus
Glenn Maxwell
Kevin Pietersen (International)
Rob Quiney
Marcus Stoinis
Daniel Worrall
Luke Wright (International)
Adam Zampa

Perth Scorchers:

Ashton Agar
Cameron Bancroft
Jason Behrendorff
Hilton Cartwright
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Mitchell Johnson
Michael Klinger
Mitch Marsh
Shaun Marsh
Joel Paris
Jhye Richardson
Ashton Turner
Andrew Tye
Adam Voges (c)
Sam Whiteman
David Willey (International)

Sydney Sixers:

Sean Abbott
Sam Billings (International)
Jackson Bird
Johan Botha
Ben Dwarshuis
Mickey Edwards
Moises Henriques (c)
Daniel Hughes
Nathan Lyon
Nic Maddinson
Peter Nevill
Stephen O’Keefe
Jason Roy (International)
Jordan Silk
Mitchell Starc
Henry Thornton

Sydney Thunder:

Fawad Ahmed
Aiden Blizzard
Jos Buttler (International)
Pat Cummins
Callum Ferguson
Ryan Gibson
Chris Green
Jay Lenton
Usman Khawaja
Mitchell McClenaghan (International)
Arjun Nair
Clint McKay
Kurtis Patterson
Ben Rohrer
Gurinder Sandhu
Shane Watson (c)

Scorchers look like shoo-ins. The Heat look a better side in the rest of really mediocre teams though.

I don’t think Heat fans are going to be too happy with the team on Wednesday.

I don’t think Heat fans are going to be too happy with the team on Wednesday.

I swear to god half your posts on here are like a teenage girls on Facebook.

Just tell us what the fucking team is if you know.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.