RUMOUR Bellamy - 10 Year Deal

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
You’re right, Seibold was a good coach and he had those no names playing better than they ever were at the Rabbits. He made GI, Johnston, Chrichton, Cook, Walker, Gagai, Reynolds and the Burgess brothers far better players, it definitely wasn’t the other way around..

Saying it’s “bullshit” isn’t arguing the points and I don’t think you can, which is why you’ve chosen this avenue as your response.

Anddddd we aren’t talking about Boyd now, but you’re kinda proving my problem with the conversations about him creeping into every single fucking thread.

Well he had them playing better than they were the year before, no? Sort of proves the point itself. 12 to 3 in a year.

You've missed the point, probably on purpose. You've got your pat on the back, which you came here for. Stop bringing it up every chance you get.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Yes it was. Some of us could see his issues and knew it was going to end badly. It was always a bad decision if you were paying attention
Agreed, there were some obvious red flags and those were highlighted on here. I don't think we need some revisionist account how this was a completely unforseen circumstance, he was far from a sure bet.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Well he had them playing better than they were the year before, no? Sort of proves the point itself. 12 to 3 in a year.

You've missed the point, probably on purpose. You've got your pat on the back, which you came here for. Stop bringing it up every chance you get.
There were numerous reasons why they were performing better. Just because you struggle to think about more than one thing at a time doesn’t mean the improvement was on Seibold. One of them being they weren’t being murdered at training by their previous coach anymore, GI getting on top of his mental health, the Burgii being allowed to take out markers at will, Cook hitting his peak. If you don’t want to take these things into account then don’t, but don’t expect your opinion to matter.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
There were numerous reasons why they were performing better. Just because you struggle to think about more than one thing at a time doesn’t mean the improvement was on Seibold. One of them being they weren’t being murdered at training by their previous coach anymore, GI getting on top of his mental health, the Burgii being allowed to take out markers at will, Cook hitting his peak. If you don’t want to take these things into account then don’t, but don’t expect your opinion to matter.

I think you are being deliberately obtuse. Taking a team from 12th to a prelim absolutely reflects on the coach. No, you can't attribute all the success to the coach, but you certainly can't dismiss his influence to suit your agenda.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I think you are being deliberately obtuse. Taking a team from 12th to a prelim absolutely reflects on the coach. No, you can't attribute all the success to the coach, but you certainly can't dismiss his influence to suit your agenda.
No I’m absolutely not, you’re just not willing to discuss the reasons as to why because it doesn’t suit the agenda you’re trying to push. In the last three years, show me an attempted set play or game plan or anything that shows his coaching ability. Like I said, he should be judged on what he’s done with a bad team instead of what he did with a team of superstars. It’s just a dishonest conversation if we aren’t going to talk about his lack of game plans, his lack of set plays and his terrible bench use. You know, the actual coaching part of this sport.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
No I’m absolutely not, you’re just not willing to discuss the reasons as to why because it doesn’t suit the agenda you’re trying to push. In the last three years, show me an attempted set play or game plan or anything that shows his coaching ability. Like I said, he should be judged on what he’s done with a bad team instead of what he did with a team of superstars. It’s just a dishonest conversation if we aren’t going to talk about his lack of game plans, his lack of set plays and his terrible bench use. You know, the actual coaching part of this sport.

He can be judged by whatever team he has and what they achieve. At the Rabbits, he did well. It wasn't the players just doing it all themselves, he deserves some credit. If you can't give him any credit for taking them to a prelim, you're an idiot.

Anyway, enough time wasted on you.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
He can be judged by whatever team he has and what they achieve. At the Rabbits, he did well. It wasn't the players just doing it all themselves, he deserves some credit. If you can't give him any credit for taking them to a prelim, you're an idiot.

Anyway, enough time wasted on you.
And I guess it wasn’t proven by his last two years because of @soup’s conspiracy theory, right? I reckon a good coach would have got those players to play a bit better than they did, but nah. Maybe I’m wrong, Seibold is obviously a good coach..

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

Seibs certainly did well at Souths in 2018, but there were some massive concerns about how they were going to back up the next year.

Seibs needed to get out of dodge more than the Broncos needed to move on Bennett. If Seibs had have been made to lie on his bed with the players knowing he was out the door it was not going to be a nice prospect for him or Souths.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Mate, find something else that’s meaningful to spend your energy on. The NRL circus is a complete waste of argumentative energy.
You can’t just come in here and make ridiculous claims then when questioned, make it seem like you’re too busy to discuss those ridiculous points.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
That second last line goes towards my stance. He was the right coach, but at the wrong time.
Soupy, I don't know if he would ever be the right coach for us, at any time. I think he is the prime example of a good assistant coach but a shit head coach. He will struggle to get another gig as a head coach in the NRL in my view.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Seibs certainly did well at Souths in 2018, but there were some massive concerns about how they were going to back up the next year.

Seibs needed to get out of dodge more than the Broncos needed to move on Bennett. If Seibs had have been made to lie on his bed with the players knowing he was out the door it was not going to be a nice prospect for him or Souths.

Perhaps. Conjecture though. All I've said is you can't deny he did well in 2018 and deserves some credit (not all of it).

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Perhaps. Conjecture though. All I've said is you can't deny he did well in 2018 and deserves some credit (not all of it).
Of course he gets some credit. He did things that worked. But he also benefited from many things and your original point was that those external, non-coaching factors were bullshit, remember?

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Of course he gets some credit. He did things that worked. But he also benefited from many things and your original point was that those external, non-coaching factors were bullshit, remember?

No it wasn't. The Burgess thing and Cook being in form (couldn't possibly be Seibold's influence at all, right? Not even a bit) is what you keep popping up to add everytime Seibold's 2018 season is mentioned.

Anyway, we all agree Seibold sucked at the Broncos and Wayne can't get it done in the finals anymore.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
You’ll understand when you have a couple of kids draining your batteries, literally while you are posting, not to mention a hormonal partner who is struggling to keep the world the right side up. Life is more than arguments about footy.
I look after 25 of them 5 days a week. Maybe you should focus on them then instead of making statements that you don’t have time to back up. Your responses since then have proven you have the time, it was a cop out because you have no evidence. The implication here is that arguing on here is my life right? I don’t need your condescending bullshit. Never change, mate.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
No it wasn't. The Burgess thing and Cook being in form (couldn't possibly be Seibold's influence at all, right? Not even a bit) is what you keep popping up to add everytime Seibold's 2018 season is mentioned.

Anyway, we all agree Seibold sucked at the Broncos and Wayne can't get it done in the finals anymore.
But the Burgess thing was “bullshit” so you can’t really use it to benefit your argument can you?

Cook definitely improved under him, but he got even better under Bennett when he added that kicking game. Didn’t you just say Bennett didn’t improve them?

He can get credit for those things and any other thing you want, my point is that there were many factors that counted towards their improvement that also made him look like a far better coach.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Battler
  • mitch222
  • Mr Fourex
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
  • Bish
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.