OFFICIAL Bellamy extends contract with Melbourne Storm

I guess at the end of the day, as ruthless as it is, the broncos could just sack wayne and pay him out for next year. There is a big picture at play here, and it seems fucked to **** up the next five to ten years because of sentiment and stubborness over one year and a million dollars. Apparantly broncos are flush, so they'd recoup that million in no time.

Except that there is a cap for staff now

I've been critical of his decisions for a while but I'm really starting to outright dislike him. If he just came out and said something like:
"The club have decided to pursue him. I'm disappointed but I understand it's a business and I will continue to do the best I can as long as I'm here."
A lot of people, including myself, would have been 100% behind him. But no, it had to be:
"I want to stay here and I feel I still have a lot to offer but just in case my health takes a turn for the worse, I suggested the club pursue Bellamy about a month ago." (Long after the rumors the club was pursuing him surfaced.)

The guys ego is massive!

Uwot? His presser was fuckin excellent.

Cronk turned Cronk into a great player. Bellamy failed with George Rose. That would have proven his worth as a coach but he failed.
Mate, you can't have it both ways....
Cronk made Cronk which he is under his guidance. Rose failed himself under good guidance he couldn't follow.
Up to the player to take on board what the coach is giving. Can't force them to listen. Look at Dave Taylor

It's a no brainier IMO
If the club wants Bellamy to succeed Wayne and the window to be able to do this is closing then Wayne will be asked to step down and he gets paid out. Why **** the club with another shit coach post Bennett again if he's only got 1-2 years left. And if Wayne is the club man he says he is he should understand.

The storm have ruled out a one year deal for Bellamy if he wishes to go the the Broncos

Bellamy's press conference is on soon, can someone update what is said... I'm at work and can't watch it

Last edited:
According to nrl.com
Bellamy is open to having a year off to refresh if he was to come to us

From the Bellamy interview (not word for word)

Bellamy said he has sat down and spoken to Paul white, but no offer has been made.
Storm offer has been there for a couple of weeks, but hasn't had time to think about it properly.
Said Storm won't sign him for 1 year, he hasn't spoken to any other club, but he has spoken to Brisbane.

Said he has a week off after this weekend, and he'll be able to go through what he needs to do to make a decision

From the Bellamy interview (not word for word)

Bellamy said he has sat down and spoken to Paul white, but no offer has been made.
Storm offer has been there for a couple of weeks, but hasn't had time to think about it properly.
Said Storm won't sign him for 1 year, he hasn't spoken to any other club, but he has spoken to Brisbane.

Said he has a week off after this weekend, and he'll be able to go through what he needs to do to make a decision

I hate this dragging out bullshit.

I hope we sign him.

So he's giving ample time for both clubs to bump their offers up a bit.

Continued...

Asked if he would sit out a season, avoided the question.

He said he would rather a decision sooner rather than later, but will take the time he needs to take.

Asked again if he will coach next year, once again avoided the question, said he can't read the future.

Said the last thing he wants to be is disrespectful to Wayne, this weekend he's coaching his 800th game and that's unbelievable and a hell of a record, and said before he had the chat he wanted to make sure Wayne knew about the chat.

Everything Bellamy is saying gives me the feeling that he wants to come to Brisbane. Get it done Whitey.

This was always the best case scenario for us, we get the last good years of WB and get to replace him with the younger version of him. I think Craig could use 12 months off as well to be quite honest, that'll be nothing but a good thing for him.

Hypothetically, if he had a year off he wouldn't be part of the broncos meaning he could pretty much approach whomever he would like to sign for 19?

Or are there no actual restrictions around approaching players at any time?

Everything Bellamy is saying gives me the feeling that he wants to come to Brisbane. Get it done Whitey.

This was always the best case scenario for us, we get the last good years of WB and get to replace him with the younger version of him. I think Craig could use 12 months off as well to be quite honest, that'll be nothing but a good thing for him.

He could sit back and watch the team and just spend the 12 months deciding who to keep, who to let go and what changes need to be made without the added pressure.

From what I've heard, it sounds like he could use a year off.

We need to bring in the Godfather.

We cannot allow him to slip through our fingers again.

Hypothetically, if he had a year off he wouldn't be part of the broncos meaning he could pretty much approach whomever he would like to sign for 19?

Or are there no actual restrictions around approaching players at any time?

He prob would sign for next year and get paid but not coach but have a years break that’s what they are thinking

Unread

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.