OFFICIAL Bellamy extends contract with Melbourne Storm

So your happy to go with out a premiership for over a decade as long as we don’t place too bad in the top 8.

Yeah, coz that's what I said :notsureifserious::lostit:

Nah, **** it, I'm calling you out.......show me where I said anything of the sort

Totally agree mate, I am aware of the point of the comp :)

But not winning it isn't egg on the club's face either

I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make?

The point I am trying to make, and obviously I'm not making it very well, is that with the way this has played out if we don't get Bellamy you would have to imagine that Bennett will not extend.

If that is the case we are going to be left with the dregs and I believe we will see a repeat of the Henjak/Griffin years which I really do not want. If that happens that will be on the club.

The point I am trying to make, and obviously I'm not making it very well, is that with the way this has played out if we don't get Bellamy you would have to imagine that Bennett will not extend.

If that is the case we are going to be left with the dregs and I believe we will see a repeat of the Henjak/Griffin years which I really do not want. If that happens that will be on the club.

Cheers B4L :)

That really helps me understand where you are coming from

Should the club miss out on Belly, and Benny chooses to not extend, I agree that would be a very bad look for the club

I had not thought of that possibility

Given that Wayne has said he is OK with the club talking to Belly (in fact possibly he even told them to) I have been thinking Wayne would continue on if he was asked, but all the media presentations may have been to save face, and he may be privately upset about how it's being handled

I agree with you though, if we miss both of them, it's a real bad look and will probably lead to some lean years

Last edited:
Cheers B4L :)

That really helps me understand where you are coming from

Should the club miss out on Belly, and Benny chooses to not extend, I agree that would be a very bad look for the club

I had not thought of that possibility

Given that Wayne has said he is OK with the club talking to Belly (in fact possibly he even told them to) I have been thinking Wayne would continue on if he was asked, but all the media presentations may have been to save face, and he may be privately upset about how it's being handled

I agree with you though, if we miss both of them, it's a real bad look and will probably lead to some lean years

I would be disappointed if we dont have a plan B.
It seems to me that the club has decided it's time to move on from Wayne .
We have made a play for Bellamy but have a year or 2 grace if we miss.
I'd say in that case Wayne extends until 2020 as he wished and we openly search for a replacement.

I would be disappointed if we dont have a plan B.
It seems to me that the club has decided it's time to move on from Wayne .
We have made a play for Bellamy but have a year or 2 grace if we miss.
I'd say in that case Wayne extends until 2020 as he wished and we openly search for a replacement.
I keep missing these things WB has said. When did WB say he wishes to extend and does your claim mean WB extends to include 2020 ?(as he is already contracted up until 2020)

I keep missing these things WB has said. When did WB say he wishes to extend and does your claim mean WB extends to include 2020 ?(as he is already contracted up until 2020)

Its hardly a claim of mine , it's been widely reported that Wayne wants to extend for a year beyond this contact so yes that would include 2020.

Its hardly a claim of mine , it's been widely reported that Wayne wants to extend for a year beyond this contact so yes that would include 2020.

Wayne said in the presser a couple of weeks back that he wants to keep on coaching beyond his current contract provided his health allows him, and he would like to keep coaching at the Broncos.

Wayne said in the presser a couple of weeks back that he wants to keep on coaching beyond his current contract provided his health allows him, and he would like to keep coaching at the Broncos.
I didn't hear that. I thought I heard something along the lines of 'I might want to coach after this contract, or no one knows how long they have good health or I am not ruling anything in or out '. What I didn't hear was WB say he definitely wants to coach on or that he wants a one year extension and he'd like it to be at the Broncos. Of course he may have said all of that, I just don't remember him saying any of it or making any definite statement about what he wants. Probably Alzheimer's is to blame.

I didn't hear that. I thought I heard something along the lines of 'I might want to coach after this contract, or no one knows how long they have good health or I am not ruling anything in or out '. What I didn't hear was WB say he definitely wants to coach on or that he wants a one year extension and he'd like it to be at the Broncos. Of course he may have said all of that, I just don't remember him saying any of it or making any definite statement about what he wants. Probably Alzheimer's is to blame.

He said about 10 minutes into the press conference that he will ask the Broncos board for an extension provided he is in good shape and he would prefer it to be at the Broncos.

He actually said it was a decision he would make later on, he most certainly did not say it had to be at the Broncos or it was for one more year. He also said his age was irrelevant and he wouldn't be defined by his age. Nothing he said indicated he definitely would coach on even though he mentioned coaching elsewhere. What he was definite about was that he and he alone would decide his future and that decision was also in the future. He did also say he'd had offers.

He said about 10 minutes into the press conference that he will ask the Broncos board for an extension provided he is in good shape and he would prefer it to be at the Broncos.
Yes, PROVIDED he was in good shape. That's something he can't know now so a decision for that time in the future. He's not asking for it now and who knows, they may beg him to extend !!! No matter, it's not really a big deal even if I'm making it seem so ha ha

He actually said it was a decision he would make later on, he most certainly did not say it had to be at the Broncos or it was for one more year. He also said his age was irrelevant and he wouldn't be defined by his age. Nothing he said indicated he definitely would coach on even though he mentioned coaching elsewhere. What he was definite about was that he and he alone would decide his future and that decision was also in the future. He did also say he'd had offers.

When did I say that he said it had to be at the Broncos?

Everyone is guessing now.

The Mole and WWoS and Tallis went early and said Bellamy had re-signed.

The Daily Telegraph has an article today behind a paywall that says Bellamy will sign with the Broncs.

SBS has an article saying Bellamy won’t decide before Sunday’s game.

Only one bloke knows and maybe even he hasn’t decided yet.

The Daily Telegraph has an article today behind a paywall that says Bellamy will sign with the Broncs.

This is what I found from that DT article.

BELLYACHE AGONISING OVER DECISION

THE clock continues to tick on Craig Bellamy’s deadline to make a decision between Melbourne and Brisbane.
And many have taken a shot on predicting where Bellamy will decide his future lies. As for that, it might all depend on what day you get him.
Bellamy is said to be torn on his decision, and going back and forth.
What can be read into Melbourne’s decision to put a deadline on him also remains to be seen.
Last time a deadline was put on Bellamy it was Brisbane who tried to hurry him into a decision when Wayne Bennett was leaving for St George Illawarra.
Two premierships later for Melbourne, and none for Brisbane, we can all see how that ended.

The media is terribly poor in this country. They just guess, you could theow darts at a dartboard and hit the bullseye more often then they get it right. Only problem is that everyone forgets the 50 they got wrong quickly because the media brag about the 1/51 they have gotten right and dont mention the ones they got wrong ever again...

Just on bellamy, I think its just a ploy by bellamy the longer it drags on. Im guessing its no coincidence he is “deciding” on it the same week we play them. The bloke would sell his own grandmother off for a win, nevermind pretend to be considering a coaching offer to distract the club his team is going to play

The media is terribly poor in this country. They just guess, you could theow darts at a dartboard and hit the bullseye more often then they get it right. Only problem is that everyone forgets the 50 they got wrong quickly because the media brag about the 1/51 they have gotten right and dont mention the ones they got wrong ever again...

Just on bellamy, I think its just a ploy by bellamy the longer it drags on. Im guessing its no coincidence he is “deciding” on it the same week we play them. The bloke would sell his own grandmother off for a win, nevermind pretend to be considering a coaching offer to distract the club his team is going to play

The longer this goes on, the more it's becoming clear it's not a ploy by Bellamy.

If it was about money and the length of the deal, well he has already got what he wants. To say it's to distract us, well why would the players be distracted by it? If it was a matter of Bennett possibly getting sacked to bring Craig in 2019, I would say it could possibly distract them. But that's not happening.

He never actually said he would decide this week. He said he would start to think about it over the bye but the decision might not be for another month yet.

Unread

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Jazza
  • NSW stables
  • broncotville
  • davidp
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Morepudding
  • broncs30
  • Hurrijo
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.