OFFICIAL Bellamy extends contract with Melbourne Storm

The timing of that would suggest that the Broncos morning conference is to call it bullshit and potentially even extend Bennett, and the arvo storm presser is to announce Bellamy re-signing with them.

Wouldn't be the first time the Broncos have called a press conference when speculation of Bennett's axing at the club turning out to be an extension of his contract to 1995, happened in mid 1991 on the back of the Lewis captain sacking in 1990 and the clubs inconsistent performance at that point and time in 1991.

Bellamy sold his house at the Gap a few weeks ago.

Maybe he could live with Wayne?

Because he wants to buy a house closer to Brisbane?

The longer this rumour goes on, the more it looks like Bellamy is staying right where he is.

Wayne has done more than any coach and he deserves to go out on his own terms. That said, the Broncos at the end of the day are a business and need to plan for after he is gone. That and the last year or so particularly, wayne has started to get that grumpy old geezer type approach to everything, which is not a great look for the club - which is literally just part of getting on in years and getting sick of the same ol' crap.

I think a lot of people agree that if Cam Smith is going to take up a coaching role, we want every chance that it's going to be with the Broncos. He has 3 young kids, the eldest is almost highschool age - so he's probably considering maybe one last move for the next 5+ years so he can settle down and let his kids get on with highschool in the one spot. He's a bogan from logan and has family up here, so here's hoping its this direction he wants to go.

Bringing bellyache up here goes a long way towards tempting smith as well, familiarity in bellyache and in QLD with his fam.

As for bellyache, I think its high time we had some guys who were pushed a lot harder. Jack BigMac Bird for one... bellyache would either make him quit or turn into an elite athlete. If interchanges are to be reduced to 6 next year or beyond, the fitter our boys are, the better.

The other thing I enjoy about bellyache is his emotion. You can tell the guy 100% gives it everything and is pissed off to no end when he loses. Wayne is a professional - staying calm.... but sometimes it helps as a fan, to see that the coach is as pissed off as you are! :P

Wayne has done more than any coach and he deserves to go out on his own terms. That said, the Broncos at the end of the day are a business and need to plan for after he is gone. That and the last year or so particularly, wayne has started to get that grumpy old geezer type approach to everything, which is not a great look for the club - which is literally just part of getting on in years and getting sick of the same ol' crap.

I think a lot of people agree that if Cam Smith is going to take up a coaching role, we want every chance that it's going to be with the Broncos. He has 3 young kids, the eldest is almost highschool age - so he's probably considering maybe one last move for the next 5+ years so he can settle down and let his kids get on with highschool in the one spot. He's a bogan from logan and has family up here, so here's hoping its this direction he wants to go.

Bringing bellyache up here goes a long way towards tempting smith as well, familiarity in bellyache and in QLD with his fam.

As for bellyache, I think its high time we had some guys who were pushed a lot harder. Jack BigMac Bird for one... bellyache would either make him quit or turn into an elite athlete. If interchanges are to be reduced to 6 next year or beyond, the fitter our boys are, the better.

The other thing I enjoy about bellyache is his emotion. You can tell the guy 100% gives it everything and is pissed off to no end when he loses. Wayne is a professional - staying calm.... but sometimes it helps as a fan, to see that the coach is as pissed off as you are! :p

You get as pissed off as Bellamy does?

Ouch.

Because he wants to buy a house closer to Brisbane?

The longer this rumour goes on, the more it looks like Bellamy is staying right where he is.

This is a complete fabrication, there is nothing to it. James Hooper thought he could put 2 and 2 together and all the Sydney media have jumped on board.

When Bellemy re-signs with Melbourne tomorrow they will make more shit up and say ‘it was definitely happening, but was torpedoed at the last minute’.

Firstly when Bennett co-coached a team to a GF it was early in his ARL coaching career ... he wasn't a seasoned premiership winning coach...

Secondly, a coach of Bellamys standing doesn't need (and is generally not prepared) to work under a coaching director
Firstly, bennett had already been a 10 year multiple premiership winning coach in the then incredibly strong brisbane premiership & was the current queensland coach

Secondly, a coaching director by name, not by nature. You think he will be jnvolved in the day to day running and right up bellamys ass? He has already taken a back seat to his ASSISTANTS currently who have no track record whatsover as nrl coaches..

Im not saying IT IS going to happen, but to completly rule it out as a possibility based on what the media is saying about the coaches personality/relationships is a bit premature....

This is a complete fabrication, there is nothing to it. James Hooper thought he could put 2 and 2 together and all the Sydney media have jumped on board.

When Bellemy re-signs with Melbourne tomorrow they will make more shit up and say ‘it was definitely happening, but was torpedoed at the last minute’.

And it will be the broncos missed their man

And it will be the broncos missed their man

If Bellamy staying with Storm turns out to be true, then the clowns are taking it up by a mile in underplaying what Wayne's have achieved thus far.

FFS, it's his 800th game as first grade coach this week. Everyone went gaga a week before Bellamy's 400th a few weeks ago and now they don't want to at least mention that the great coach is achieving that milestone yet, dribble the crap?
You one eyed wanka's, stop your bias towards the Great coach & Broncos.

It's not like I don't like Bellamy. I like him, he's good man & coach but Bennett is a 'fantabulous' coach and a legend who has turned life's of so many players. If not for him, we might not have seen the brilliance of some of the past & current players.

Great job on your achievement your highness!

He's a bogan from logan and has family up here, so here's hoping its this direction he wants to go.

I grew up in Logan and lived a few years in Melbourne. If I had a choice, Logan wouldn't even be given a first thought. Where do I sign to stay in Melbourne, I'll even sign a faded old boat receipt for it.

I grew up in Logan and lived a few years in Melbourne. If I had a choice, Logan wouldn't even be given a first thought. Where do I sign to stay in Melbourne, I'll even sign a faded old boat receipt for it.
I think he has the money now to live anywhere he pleases. Wouldn't need to be Logan lol

What does Logan have to do with Brisbane?

Seems like a storm in a teacup to me. I think White and the Broncos have far too much respect for Wayne to "push him out."
I could see this being a squash the rumors press conference or, potentially Wayne stepping down at the end of 2018.
I like the idea of Bellamy at Brisbane, but I would be surprised to see him leave Melbourne, and more so Smith (sounds like he will be going around for a couple of seasons yet..)

I guess we will find more out throughout today..

Active Now

• Xzei
  • phoenix
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • heartly87
  • Fozz
  • BRC088
  • broncs30
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
  • Maddy
  • Skathen
  • Broncorob
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.