OFFICIAL Bellamy extends contract with Melbourne Storm

I kind of agree with Chris Johns. Kevin Walters was treated with a lack of respect by the Broncos. They led him on a bit.

No. Bullshit. Everyone made a call and you called the media liars and even said "guarantee it" you can sit around and call everything the media write is bullshit or you can have a brain and listen to what they say, take it in and decide how good you think the Intel is. Most of the time these guys are getting good info.

I did listen to what they had to say and I did take it in. I obviously don’t have a brain as you have pointed out, but with the limited capacity I do have formed a judgement based on what I had seen previously and that was that I thought they were again talking shit. These are the same guys that only months ago were saying we were chasing Green and have been in talks with him, something that now seems like bullshit and was shot down by Paul White himself. This is a group of media that rely on click bait to survive and the principle of throwing enough mud until something sticks.

As I said, I made a call and it was wrong, something I admitted to before you rode in here to right the wrongs.

Just to be clear:

I was wrong.

You are retrospectively right.

Sorry that my opinion has so deeply impacted you.

Look i love Wayne. He is the greatest coach in tge history of the sport. He is still great, but also he is 68. You can't keep going forever and you never know when things may change. He has had too tap players on the shoulder more than once. He also knows that the Broncos are a business and need security for investors. It is not personal. As fans we need to understand this. While we love and respect Wayne we also need to see the vision for the future. The club has learned a valuable lesson. I am glad they have moved forward and are not waiting for Wayne to make the call.

We aren't going to have Bennett forever, so at some point we will be crossing that bridge.

TPJ also said he wants to be a Broncos player for life.
This and also TPJ appears to now thrive on professionalism, which he has picked up from Blair, Tmol, etc.

Bellamy brings one of the most no bullshit coaching attitudes there is. He does seem very hard nosed compared to Bennett's man management style, but TPJ doesn't seem like the kind of guy that wants coddling.

Broncos culture is bred on success and professionalism, which is instilled from Bennett, the players and through the organisation... something TPJ is starting to realise.

Not to mention the high performance center and everything else we offer as a club.

I did listen to what they had to say and I did take it in. I obviously don’t have a brain as you have pointed out, but with the limited capacity I do have formed a judgement based on what I had seen previously and that was that I thought they were again talking shit. These are the same guys that only months ago were saying we were chasing Green and have been in talks with him, something that now seems like bullshit and was shot down by Paul White himself. This is a group of media that rely on click bait to survive and the principle of throwing enough mud until something sticks.

As I said, I made a call and it was wrong, something I admitted to before you rode in here to right the wrongs.

Just to be clear:

I was wrong.

You are retrospectively right.

Sorry that my opinion has so deeply impacted you.

What I don't get, is you're copping it for saying it ain't happening. Nothing's fucking happened yet, and lots and lots of signs point to Craig wanting a better offer in Melbourne. You might yet be correct.

I kind of agree with Chris Johns. Kevin Walters was treated with a lack of respect by the Broncos. They led him on a bit.

Was Kevvie ever told he will be head coach?

Storm take a swipe at Broncos' treatment of Bennett
Storm chairman Bart Campbell has taken a swipe at Brisbane's treatment of Wayne Bennett during their poaching raid for Craig Bellamy, declaring: “I’m not sure we would behave that way around a coach who had won six championships for us.”
The Broncos have come clean on their approach to Bellamy, who is still deciding whether to accept a three-year extension to remain at Melbourne. Brisbane were in damage control after the Bellamy approach become public, the club insisting Bennett would remain in charge at Red Hill until the end of 2019.

Bennett said he had “initiated” succession planning discussions but was blind-sided by Broncos chief executive Paul White meeting with Bellamy, who couldn’t start at the club until 2020. The Broncos are adamant no offer has been tabled, a claim met with some scepticism by the Melbourne hierarchy.
Campbell said the club would do everything in its power to retain its 16-year coach.
“He’s synonymous with what NRL means here in Melbourne,” Campbell told Fairfax Media. “There are three people at the club today who are consistent with how people view the NRL: Craig Bellamy, Billy Slater and Cameron Smith.
“We will do everything we can to keep Craig, but he’s not indentured to us. If he makes the call to leave, that’s his call.
“We have offered him three years, which is what he asked for. If things change, as they can do during negotiations, we’ll look at what’s required and take a view.”

Bennett has won six premierships with the Broncos, but for all his achievements, the Bellamy approach suggests the veteran mentor isn’t considered Brisbane’s best proposition into the future.
“I’m not sure we would behave that way around a coach who had won six championships for us,” Campbell said. “But each to their own, they will do what they think is right for their club.”
Bellamy said he would only entertain Brisbane’s advances if he was assured the club was being transparent with Bennett.
“The last thing I want to do is be disrespectful to Wayne,” Bellamy said. “I’m sure me and Wayne will catch up at some point and chat about things.”
For Bellamy to head north, he would have to sit out a year while Bennett completes the final year of his deal.
“You could look at it two ways,” Bellamy said. “It could be refreshing and you could go and have a look at a few organisations and pick up some things. But having said that, having a year off, the game evolves very quickly and you might lose a bit of touch as well.”
The Storm have a ready-made replacement in highly regarded assistant Adam O’Brien and Bellamy said he would be a fitting successor. Bellamy said he hadn’t had an opportunity to properly digest the Storm offer and planned to do so in coming weeks.
“I don’t think about unfinished business, I’ve been here 16 years,” he said. “I’ve had some wonderful times and tough times, but it’s the same in any footy club or life in general. You have your ups and downs.
“At the end of the day when I sit down and go through some thought processes, it will be what’s best for me, best for the family and best for the footy club, too. I’ve been here for a long time and it’s likely a family in itself. There’s a lot of things to think about.”
Bellamy’s manager, Rod Read, said his client hadn’t had a chance to properly consider the Storm offer.
“The reality is he hasn’t had the clear mind space to consider the Melbourne Storm’s offer and to give me an instruction on what we’re going to do,” Read said.
Storm co-owner Gerry Ryan told Fairfax Media from Europe on Wednesday night he had left a meeting with Bellamy less than a fortnight ago confident the supercoach would remain in Melbourne.
"I only spoke with Craig about 10 days ago and he was very keen to continue,'' said Ryan, as he flew in to be with his Mitchelton-Scott cycling team at the Giro d'Italia. "We spoke about succession plans for when he does move on and where he sees the team going the next three years.
"He was very positive about continuing. He's been so critical to our success and our culture and the development of the team – on good days and bad days, it's been an excellent relationship.''
With Cameron Smith and Billy Slater entering the final years of their wonderful careers, and with Cooper Cronk already departed for the Sydney Roosters, Campbell said it was important Bellamy remained at the helm for the Storm's next chapter.
"It's certainly important and a priority to re-sign him,'' Ryan said.

Source: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/st...zh3a.html?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_sport

Watching nrl tonight on fox and Dean ritchie..... a sad sign of how low the standard of australian rugby league journalism has gotten. Every comment he makes he tries to be controversial or get reactions. Its quite embarrassing to watch actually

Storm take a swipe at Broncos' treatment of Bennett
Storm chairman Bart Campbell has taken a swipe at Brisbane's treatment of Wayne Bennett during their poaching raid for Craig Bellamy, declaring: “I’m not sure we would behave that way around a coach who had won six championships for us.”
The Broncos have come clean on their approach to Bellamy, who is still deciding whether to accept a three-year extension to remain at Melbourne. Brisbane were in damage control after the Bellamy approach become public, the club insisting Bennett would remain in charge at Red Hill until the end of 2019.

Bennett said he had “initiated” succession planning discussions but was blind-sided by Broncos chief executive Paul White meeting with Bellamy, who couldn’t start at the club until 2020. The Broncos are adamant no offer has been tabled, a claim met with some scepticism by the Melbourne hierarchy.
Campbell said the club would do everything in its power to retain its 16-year coach.
“He’s synonymous with what NRL means here in Melbourne,” Campbell told Fairfax Media. “There are three people at the club today who are consistent with how people view the NRL: Craig Bellamy, Billy Slater and Cameron Smith.
“We will do everything we can to keep Craig, but he’s not indentured to us. If he makes the call to leave, that’s his call.
“We have offered him three years, which is what he asked for. If things change, as they can do during negotiations, we’ll look at what’s required and take a view.”

Bennett has won six premierships with the Broncos, but for all his achievements, the Bellamy approach suggests the veteran mentor isn’t considered Brisbane’s best proposition into the future.
“I’m not sure we would behave that way around a coach who had won six championships for us,” Campbell said. “But each to their own, they will do what they think is right for their club.”
Bellamy said he would only entertain Brisbane’s advances if he was assured the club was being transparent with Bennett.
“The last thing I want to do is be disrespectful to Wayne,” Bellamy said. “I’m sure me and Wayne will catch up at some point and chat about things.”
For Bellamy to head north, he would have to sit out a year while Bennett completes the final year of his deal.
“You could look at it two ways,” Bellamy said. “It could be refreshing and you could go and have a look at a few organisations and pick up some things. But having said that, having a year off, the game evolves very quickly and you might lose a bit of touch as well.”
The Storm have a ready-made replacement in highly regarded assistant Adam O’Brien and Bellamy said he would be a fitting successor. Bellamy said he hadn’t had an opportunity to properly digest the Storm offer and planned to do so in coming weeks.
“I don’t think about unfinished business, I’ve been here 16 years,” he said. “I’ve had some wonderful times and tough times, but it’s the same in any footy club or life in general. You have your ups and downs.
“At the end of the day when I sit down and go through some thought processes, it will be what’s best for me, best for the family and best for the footy club, too. I’ve been here for a long time and it’s likely a family in itself. There’s a lot of things to think about.”
Bellamy’s manager, Rod Read, said his client hadn’t had a chance to properly consider the Storm offer.
“The reality is he hasn’t had the clear mind space to consider the Melbourne Storm’s offer and to give me an instruction on what we’re going to do,” Read said.
Storm co-owner Gerry Ryan told Fairfax Media from Europe on Wednesday night he had left a meeting with Bellamy less than a fortnight ago confident the supercoach would remain in Melbourne.
"I only spoke with Craig about 10 days ago and he was very keen to continue,'' said Ryan, as he flew in to be with his Mitchelton-Scott cycling team at the Giro d'Italia. "We spoke about succession plans for when he does move on and where he sees the team going the next three years.
"He was very positive about continuing. He's been so critical to our success and our culture and the development of the team – on good days and bad days, it's been an excellent relationship.''
With Cameron Smith and Billy Slater entering the final years of their wonderful careers, and with Cooper Cronk already departed for the Sydney Roosters, Campbell said it was important Bellamy remained at the helm for the Storm's next chapter.
"It's certainly important and a priority to re-sign him,'' Ryan said.

Source: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/st...zh3a.html?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_sport

lol the Storm are trying to lecture us on morals.

Also, championships? Does this guy even Rugby League?

If this was all a ploy from Bellamy to get more money and years from the Storm, I'm gonna be pissssssssssssed. Not only because we don't get him, but because we had to burn Bennett in doing so, then we'll really be up shit creek because I doubt Bennett will want to stick around beyond 2019 after this stunt from White.

It's a bit of an all or nothing movie really, if we whiff on Bellamy, we're somewhat fucked.

If this was all a ploy from Bellamy to get more money and years from the Storm, I'm gonna be pissssssssssssed. Not only because we don't get him, but because we had to burn Bennett in doing so, then we'll really be up shit creek because I doubt Bennett will want to stick around beyond 2019 after this stunt from White.

It's a bit of an all or nothing movie really, if we whiff on Bellamy, we're somewhat fucked.

Paul White is paid to think ahead. Thinking ahead means talking to the best coaches who could potentially replace Bennett.

i don't think bellamy would put up with boyds half hearted efforts.

Form and effort are two very different things, just because he isn't in top form doesn't mean he isn't trying his guts out ...

And just because people around here want to blame him for everything from the Broncos poor start to the JFK assassination, doesn't mean NRL coaches feel the same way ... in fact he would likely still be a starter in every NRL team, the only question would be on what position he plays...

It might be a ploy by Bellamy and the Storm to cause infighting between Bennett and the Broncos. They have never gotten over losing the GF in 06 to us and have a win at all costs mindset against us. Think about it. Bellamy always privately going to re-sign with the Storm but puts on the charade of having talks with Brisbane played out in the media with the goal of Bennett and the Broncos falling out and leaving us looking for a new coach. Half the battle is won when they face us in future games if we end up with another Henjak. They can flog us by 40 then even without Smith and Slater

It might be a ploy by Bellamy and the Storm to cause infighting between Bennett and the Broncos. They have never gotten over losing the GF in 06 to us and have a win at all costs mindset against us. Think about it. Bellamy always privately going to re-sign with the Storm but puts on the charade of having talks with Brisbane played out in the media with the goal of Bennett and the Broncos falling out and leaving us looking for a new coach. Half the battle is won when they face us in future games if we end up with another Henjak. They can flog us by 40 then even without Smith and Slater
You can take off the tinfoil hat now.

Form and effort are two very different things, just because he isn't in top form doesn't mean he isn't trying his guts out ...

And just because people around here want to blame him for everything from the Broncos poor start to the JFK assassination, doesn't mean NRL coaches feel the same way ... in fact he would likely still be a starter in every NRL team, the only question would be on what position he plays...

This here is the thing. I don't think anyone questions that he's a good player, but he's not as strong as he used to be as a FB. I think if Bennett shifted him to the Wing or Centre a huge portion of the criticism would die down. Also, good on him for trying his ring out......doesn't change the fact that he's struggling.

If we sign Bellamy for 2020, do you really think Bennett won’t just walk out of the club after this year

Active Now

• Sproj
  • BroncsNBundy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • Dazza 92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Astro
  • Santa
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Footy Fanatic
  • ivanhungryjak
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.