Ben Teo

Te'o offers a lot but most of the things he has we already have in our backrowers. He'd have to come at a really cheap price (IMO 250k or less) to be worthwhile. Frankly, I'd much rather Souths just keep Te'o and we sign Wade Graham instead -- he's got a lot more varied skillset that our backrowers don't have. Not that I'm saying we should case him, just that I'd rather buy him than a market value Te'o.

why did we resign stagg.? I mean thank you for your service and it was sad to see him go in the first place but his heart isn't in it. He played qld cup on the weekend and was not even solid

one word: Depth especially around origin time when we could potentially lose: Parker, Gillett, Thaiday, McGuire and if he gets back to form before then Hannant

The only way it could possibly happen is if Hannant is not re-signed. Even then I think we would need to shed a Thaiday or Glenn to make it worthwhile.

Only two?

Barba, Milford, Hoffman and possibly K.Hunt = four.

Then you have Hodges, 2 x Nikorama, Maranta, 2 x Kahu?, Copely, Mills (playing fullback ATM, I think) all capable or experienced at fullback. They're bloody everywhere!

Two x Kahu?

Funny thing is, Jordan's brother Jared actually played for the 2008 NYC side.

Funny thing is, Jordan's brother Jared actually played for the 2008 NYC side.

Was gonna post that but couldn't remember his name haha. Knew it was another 'J' name. Wikipedia lists Jordan as part of the 08 side though so that couldn't help

I'd happily jettison Gillett or Glenn for Te'o.

Te'o can do everything those guys can do but has more bite about him.

The only negative for Te'o is his technique gets him into trouble every now and then.

I'd happily jettison Gillett or Glenn for Te'o.

Te'o can do everything those guys can do but has more bite about him.

The only negative for Te'o is his technique gets him into trouble every now and then.

I agree. I'd have him starting in the backrow ahead of Glenn, who might be an okay hole runner, but defensively is one of the worst in the NRL (based on missed tackles) besides Gillett.

We'd lose nothing in hole running with Teo, gain a better defender and one who can put a bit of aggression and mongrel into our pack, something it is sorely lacking.

Teo is a Brisbane boy through and through, still has a house here as I mentioned in my other thread and his missus is from here.

If Corey Parker is going to stay at prop then I think Teo would improve our pack substantially. Glenn can play Todd Lowrie's role off the bench from next season onwards.

Potential 2015 team:

1. Barba.
2. Hoffman.
3. Copley.
4. Hodges.
5. Vidot.
6. Milford.
7. BHunt.

8. McGuire.
9. McCullough.
10. Parker.
11. Thaiday.
12. Teo.
13. Gillett.

14. Glenn.
15. Kennedy.
16. Hannant.
17. Oates.

Want...

I would trade Glen for Teo in a New York Minute. Can someone remind me the last time that Glen broke the line this year. Glen is fine in defense but offers nothing in offense. Teo runs great lines and is far from lacking in defense. He has some of the best tackling technique since Tunza.

I would trade Glen for Teo in a New York Minute. Can someone remind me the last time that Glen broke the line this year. Glen is fine in defense but offers nothing in offense. Teo runs great lines and is far from lacking in defense. He has some of the best tackling technique since Tunza.

Glenn is NOT fine in defence. Neither is Gillett. They were both at or near the top of missed tackles for the entire NRL in 2013 and both are near the top for 2014 I'm pretty certain too.

Unfortunately when we have weeks like last week where we conceded 40 odd missed tackles against bloody Parramatta, no-one within the a Broncos seems to care, nor is anything overtly done about it.

Teo would immediately address that.

Glenn is NOT fine in defence. Neither is Gillett. They were both at or near the top of missed tackles for the entire NRL in 2013 and both are near the top for 2014 I'm pretty certain too.

Unfortunately when we have weeks like last week where we conceded 40 odd missed tackles against bloody Parramatta, no-one within the a Broncos seems to care, nor is anything overtly done about it.

Teo would immediately address that.

It's one loss, thats why no 'seems to care'. If your meaning that no-one was dropped, who do you drop? it took a whole team to play so shit, drop the whole team?

I'm not sure why your saying "against bloody parramatta" when

a) Parra arent the complete jokes that they used to be and

b) We always struggle against teams with expansive passing games like parra and the warriors... this isn't a shock.

I'm keen to know how Ben Teo would do anything to assist the bolded. I mean Teo is a good player but he seems to have developed magical powers in some posters eyes. They way some are talking you would think he is the first picked for QLD & Australia and a future immortal... it's bizarre

Te'o and Gillett have exactly the same stats as far as missed tackles go, except for one game where Gillett missed 7 tackles (Saints).

Te'o and Gillett have exactly the same stats as far as missed tackles go, except for one game where Gillett missed 7 tackles (Saints).
home-alone-feature.jpg

We have plenty of backrowers. We don't need one more. I'm curious why he wants a release, though.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Santa
  • Aldo
  • Brotherdu
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • RolledOates
  • Ondi
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.