Bennett a Dragon 'until job is done'

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Wayne Bennett on Friday night introduced himself to the St George Illawarra faithful by saying: "I'm not leaving until we get the job done."

Speaking at a fundraiser for St George Cricket Club, the new Dragons coach told 320 guests "second-best is not good enough" and "we can't live in the past".

Interviewed on stage, Bennett also reckoned rugby league had become predictable and "choreographed" as he continued his attack on wrestling in the game.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

So he will be there longer then what he was at the Broncos. [icon_evillaugh

already getting more media attention by being in sydney

LOLZ! Better hope Futurama comes true and those head cylinders get invented. The Dragons won't win a premiership in Bennett's lifetime.

Poor bastard's going to have to coach until his 293rd birthday. All going well, of course.

Poor WB, he doesn't know what his got himself in for.

He'll be there for a bloody longtime at this rate if the dragons got slaughtered by the sharks [eusa_doh

meh if anyone can turn those bunch of inconsistent misfits into a premiership side it's Wayne Bennett.

ronnyd said:
already getting more media attention by being in sydney

Indeed. And they'll be much more savage with him if he doesn't live up to their unrealistic expectations.

The Rock said:
If Bennett was coach of St George during the 2003-2005 seasons, they would have won a premiership I reckon.

Undoubtedly... well very likely anyway. Dragons and Parra clearly the biggest underachieving teams of the past decade considering some of the squads they've had. If you were to do a best of for the last 10 years of all the teams in the comp, you'd be scratching your head as to how the likes of the Tigers and Penrith managed to win a comp in that time [icon_lol1.

The Rock said:
If Bennett was coach of St George during the 2003-2005 seasons, they would have won a premiership I reckon.

They still would have choked.

t_drink_choke.jpg

Hatchy said:
Poor WB, he doesn't know what his got himself in for.

He'll be there for a bloody longtime at this rate if the dragons got slaughtered by the sharks [eusa_doh

Don't think WBs going to have a lot of say in it if he they don't win a premiership almost instantly. The dragons will get rid of him.

Yeah, he's got three or four seasons max!

His roster isn't the best for next season... I feel sorry for him, he has to take over a crap side.

broncospwn said:
His roster isn't the best for next season... I feel sorry for him, he has to take over a crap side.

It looks alright to me. They will have one of the best backrows in the comp next season IMO, Costigan, Jeremy Smith and Ben Creagh and they have the players to be competitive all round the park really. As long as Wayne does his job right then the Dragons will do well.

Scotty said:
broncospwn said:

It looks alright to me. They will have one of the best backrows in the comp next season IMO, Costigan, Jeremy Smith and Ben Creagh and they have the players to be competitive all round the park really. As long as Wayne does his job right then the Dragons will do well.

I agree, I think the way the Dragons have recruited (both players and coaching staff) they will be right up there with the top sides next season. I took this side off another forum, switched a few players around, and I think they have a really good side.

1. Boyd
2. Nightingale
3. Morris
4. Cooper
5. Sailor
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Poore
9. Priddis
10. Hunt
11. Smith
12. Creagh
13. Costigan
---------------------
14. Young
15. Weyman
16. Scott
17. Stanley

They have very astute talent scouts and access to a legendary breeding ground - talented young players have never been a problem.
Jeremy Smith is an excellent addition - he has some intimidation and toughness, which Bennett will like.

Hey Jebadude... your glass is most definetly half full isn't it LOL
I can tell you I wouldn't be rushing to swap our player line ups with em for next year!

Oh and coxy... "futurama head cylinders"... you are such a crack up I could so picture that... and sailor would still be on the wing with his cylinder being strapped to a robotic body... just to go that one season more!

TBH, I don't think that's a great team, how many of them could honestly make rep footy for origin or aus? they have DECENT players, but certainly not comp winning material or top 4 if you ask me. Unless Bennett does a hell of a job I can't see them getting close to premiership.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • kiwibronco
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.