Bennett a Dragon 'until job is done'

broncospwn said:
TBH, I don't think that's a great team, how many of them could honestly make rep footy for origin or aus? they have DECENT players, but certainly not comp winning material or top 4 if you ask me. Unless Bennett does a hell of a job I can't see them getting close to premiership.

8 of that starting lineup has played State of Origin or International footy before and a few of the others are either unlucky not to have yet played or should crack into an Origin side next year. Now that they've got a decent coach they can easily make the top 4.

They don't gave any player who really stands out. Top 8 I agree, but top 4 would need some brilliant coaching from bennet

He turned those rabble kiwis in World Cup champions. Dragqueens will be a tougher challenge though.

I have to admit my mind began wondering back to this post as I watched the Kiwi's pull the aussies pants down last night.... dam he can pull that extra 10% out of players

My first thought after that WC final was to put a lazy $20 on the Dragons to win it next year. Won't do it, though!

briareos said:
He turned those rabble kiwis in World Cup champions. Dragqueens will be a tougher challenge though.
He wasn't the kiwi coach though.
FFS. I get sick of people giving Bennett God-like qualities.
He is a very good coach, but seems to have an inflated sense of himself and appears inclined to be sulky/moody. Not God-like qualities really.
Probably wrong place to say this but...I am glad he has left.
The whole "Bennett factor" was dying out. The younger players coming into the club did not "hold him awe" as did the old guard. Hence the poor discipline creeping into the club.
Broncos needed a fresh start and so does Bennett.
Good on the board and Bruno for making the tough calls. The timing was spot-on. Whether you like him or not Cullen is an excellent CEO and has managed the Club well. It cannot have been an easy job for him having to deal with Bennett closely. To his credit he has never "slagged" at Bennett despite the latters's antics.
Hope Henjak and co have a great season.

cullo#3 said:
briareos said:
He is a very good coach, but seems to have an inflated sense of himself and appears inclined to be sulky/moody. Not God-like qualities really.
The whole "Bennett factor" was dying out. The younger players coming into the club did not "hold him awe" as did the old guard. Hence the poor discipline creeping into the club.
Good on the board and Bruno for making the tough calls. The timing was spot-on. Whether you like him or not Cullen is an excellent CEO and has managed the Club well. It cannot have been an easy job for him having to deal with Bennett closely. To his credit he has never "slagged" at Bennett despite the latters's antics.

[eusa_eh Bruno? Is that you? [icon_lol1.

Nah. But after reading some of the poo that gets written in this forum...he needed a pat on the back.
Lol.

Amazing...zero perception in a fully functional human !!

A persons ability to coach is reflected in the results (given a level playing field...)

A persons ability to please all people has never been realised , never achieved...

excuse those of us who are happy with at least having the best coach in league history coach our team..

and are mature enough to care not one whit about his shortcomings...and those, existing only in the eyes of the beholder

cullo#3 said:
briareos said:

Bennett is easily one of the top two coaches the game has seen. Hard to disagree with it and hard to disagree with his record. His worst seasons have far surpassed the best of many others.

FTR, I don't think it's the wrong place to say that you're glad he's left the Broncos. Many here have nothing but respect and admiration for the man, and are also glad he's gone in some ways (myself included). It is very much time for the next chapter in the life of both WB, and the club itself. I can't wait for 2009 and IMO Wayne going on to the next challenge is great for him, the Dragons and the Broncos alike.

Agree with Mick.

1. Wayne Bennett is just a shade behind the late, great Jack Gibson as the best coach in history
2. There's little doubt that after 21 years it was in the best interests of both Wayne and the Broncos to part company

I wish him (not too much) luck at the Dragons. I want him to do (not too) well.

Coxy...you say 'there's little doubt' a parting was in both parties interest....what exactly was the clubs gain ??

If a club was struggling..then a new approach is required

When a club is as successful as ever...a new approach must logically be to gain even greater success.

Removal ( that is what it was )of the coach and his influence must therefore have been the impediment the club had to remove, WB must have been stopping the club from greater success. Once again we could expect, with his removal, a leap forward or achievements greater than ever before.

Needless to say, if that scenario is not realised...then the parting was not in the 'best' interests of the Broncos !!

COMPOUND FRACTURE said:
Coxy...you say 'there's little doubt' a parting was in both parties interest....what exactly was the clubs gain ??

The way I see it, it can exactly be compared to the life of a child.

A child is born in 1987. Its parents are millionaires. It has every single opportunity in life and experiences great successes and state of the art everything. A lavish lifestyle and success can continue on for however long that child wants to stay at home.

But, come 2009, that child is now 22 years old and is looking to move out. It still has taken in all of its great experiences and stands in good stead to go out on its own two feet. Undoubtedly it could've stayed with mum and dad for life, but it's time for a new chapter.

IMO the Broncos have a heap to gain by WB leaving. He has been the club for its entire existence. Now it's time for the club to prove itself, on its own two feet.

In many ways, the egos have outgrown the club.
Some of the key players, and Wayne, actually need Bruno more than they will ever know.
Ever.
Ever.
Think very carefully and objectively about the past few seasons.

Ever.

Raw Boned Youngster said:
In many ways, the egos have outgrown the club.
Some of the key players, and Wayne, actually need Bruno more than they will ever know.
Ever.
Ever.
Think very carefully and objectively about the past few seasons.

Ever.

Wait wait wait hang on a second....

....ever?

Active Now

• Browny
  • Brocko
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • MrRobot
  • Foordy
  • BroncoFan94
  • Jazza
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Painin the Haas
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Tim K
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Bucking Beads
  • teampjta
  • The Don
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.