Bennett and his planets have aligned.

• Thread starter Raw Boned Youngster
  • Start date
OXY-351 said:
Aeetee said:
I'm still of the belief that Bennett will be involved at Brisbane next year in some capacity :)

You think he's still got what to it takes to be a winger?

Inside centre :)

It looks like he knows where he's going - who knows when he'll decide to let us know? [icon_shru
Supercoach Wayne Bennett has further tantalised fans by revealing he has decided on which NRL club he will coach next year.

The only problem is he's not telling anyone.

The seven-time premiership-winning mentor is expected to announce he will join Newcastle or South Sydney.

He now has supporters of both on the edge of the their seats following the revelation after St George Illawarra's convincing 25-6 victory over Canterbury at the SCG that he had made up his mind.

Asked about his decision on Sunday, Bennett replied: "I can't answer that for you. I don't know.

"Well, I do know, but I just don't want to share it with you."

Asked if that suggested an announcement would be made soon, he replied: "Suggests nothing."

But he did say the mass of speculation in the media was not affecting him.

"I don't write it and I don't read it, so how does it impact on me? It doesn't," he said.

"It's my decision. If you all stop trying to tell me what I should be doing and what I'm supposed to be doing, then I might make it a lot quicker."
http://www.nrl.com/my-minds-made-up-rl-coach-bennett/tabid/10874/newsid/62201/default.aspx

I wrote an article for the Forum 7s on LU about this. It was fucking brilliant by the way.

I dunno if it means anything. But Broncos sponsors are still under a gag order re Bennett.

Nashy said:
I dunno if it means anything. But Broncos sponsors are still under a gag order re Bennett.

Because they're gagging for it?

Nashy said:

If it's similar to the gag order I gave my missus, then I'd say it means very little

Nashy said:

Could it be possible that he is still coming back? The re-appointment of Hook as Head Coach doesn't mean that Benny can't return in some other role. BHQ has long speculated that he'd take a directorial role in the coaching staff. I know that they said he wants to 'pursue other options', but maybe that just means he wants his workload reduced.
Unlikely, yes, but fun to speculate.

Got a feeling bennett will announce he is coming back in a coaching director/player development role.

BHQ has speculated it, Bennett has constantly said he will continue coaching while he feels he has something to offer. I think he'll coach Newcastle.

Take on a role at QRL and take over from Mal as coach. That may or may not be speculation [icon_wink

Jeba said:
Take on a role at QRL and take over from Mal as coach. That may or may not be speculation [icon_wink

That would be a great move for QLD. icon_thumbs_u

Coach Sunshine Coast! They need a good coach!

Coxy said:
Coach Sunshine Coast! They need a good coach!

I reckon even with Wayne they'd get the spoon by a long way, poor old Sunny Coast [icon_lol1.

I meant more of an administrative role in the QRL organization, coordinate emerging Origin camps, liaise with FOGs etc, and coach the Maroons for that 12 or so week period. Can it be done?

OXY-351 said:
Nashy said:

If it's similar to the gag order I gave my missus, then I'd say it means very little

You gave the order, i gave the gag......

(Is ya missus hot?)

Nashy said:

Just like the gag order they had with Henjak, that worked. NOT

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • thenry
  • Skathen
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.