NEWS Bennett to Broncos: you can all get fucked

I've been reluctant to weigh into the Seibold vs Wayne drama, but what I do know is that Wayne doesn't pick up his dog's shit when out for a walk. Nothing that he has done bothers me more than that.
What kind of dog? I’m picturing a basset hound.

Your drum has always been butthurt about Wayne's more than rightful sacking.
Whether you are right about Seibs remains to be seen, but even if you are, it doesn't make you knowledgeable, much less a visionary. It just makes you an agenda driven bullshit troll artist, who is trying to rub into everyone's faces how the broken clock was right for once...
What have I been wrong about?

and you’re right it I’m not a visionary. Any dumb **** with any sort of ability to read a bloke knew seibold wasn’t fit for the job.

It remains to be seen? lol wake up and smell the pies, it’s all fucking over.

The drum I’ve been beating for a while seems to be getting louder. It’s almost as if the majority of others are now playing from the same drum.
Because your drum requires no thought to play.
Tenor

What have I been wrong about?

and you’re right it I’m not a visionary. Any dumb **** with any sort of ability to read a bloke knew seibold wasn’t fit for the job.

It remains to be seen? lol wake up and smell the pies, it’s all fucking over.
Don't count your chickens before they have hatched young Goat, you might be having a bit of premature speculation there.

This whole thing is just indicative of what is wrong with this club. Imagine if you show up for work, find out some of your workmates and your old boss have been made redundant and the general manager comes out and says "well theres a lot of "rot" to get rid of!"
Even if that were true, why come out and say it? It's almost trumpian in its stupidity.
It means that you have just shown disrespect to everyone that is working for you, has worked for you, and potentially will want to work for you.
If you truly believed it you take firm action with whoever you believe it of and you do it with confidence and respect. You don't use your workforce as an excuse for your failings. You have problems and you solve them. What personal opinions you have of people should remain that.
Publicly castigating current or former employees doesn't show strength but weakness. It doesn't make anyone play or work better, but worse it shows that the person at the top, the person who is meant to set an example, is passing the buck.
Its someone else's fault for recruitment, someone else's fault for selection, for strategies, and finally someone else's fault for missing tackles, passes, kicks and giving away penalties.
I'd much rather the leaders of this club take a note of a thing called responsibility. From Morris, all the way down to the guys running water, and the players themselves.
Milford for all his faults, came out and tried. When we got flogged, he didn't make a statement saying his forwards were ordinary (though they were) or that there was this injury he had to carry. If he did, I'd expect him to be dropped because it means he is looking for excuses. Shame that standard isn't held across this organisation.
If you want to start turning this organisation around, the first thing is to forget about corona virus, Bennet, past players, salary caps and everything and look at what, you, the individual can do to be better. This isn't something new. In fact I'm pretty sure sun Tsou might written it in a book a couple of thousand years ago.
It used to be the mantra of this club. When Walters kept getting beaten in defence, he didn't say "it's not my job really. I just pass and kick" he decided to get better. And gilmeister didn't say "I'm just a player, it's the coach's job to help him".
Locker didnt say "I've got a broken collarbone, let someone else kick that field goal". The ball and the game was in his hands.
I remember everyone dogging hunt for missing that grand final catch, but that same player in the same season as getting dropped, pushed himself to make a tackle with a broken leg. He didn't say "if Milford hadn't missed that tackle, I wouldnt have had to catch it". He took responsibility. Perhaps he took a little too much, but at least he had the courage to own it.
I want our players to own their failings, I want them to understand the expectations of them and to held to those expectations. I want our coach, his assistants, his bosses, and theirs likewise to know the expectations of them and to not blame someone else.

I don't know why the bartender thing keeps coming up. I knew several bartending university students. And a few bouncers. I think Nashy was one them. Mostly all skull and no brain but Nashy was one of the exceptions.

I wasn't a bouncer, but I can confirm it is mostly skull up there.

Your drum has always been butthurt about Wayne's more than rightful sacking.
Whether you are right about Seibs remains to be seen, but even if you are, it doesn't make you knowledgeable, much less a visionary. It just makes you an agenda driven bullshit troll artist, who is trying to rub into everyone's faces how the broken clock was right for once...
That's definitely over the top and calling someone a bullshit troll artist is polite abuse. I think being gracious when wrong counts for something. Back in the 'untenable' stage I posed a question. What result qualified as proof the decision to prematurely dump WB was correct? What would satisfy? We definitely wouldn't be worse off so at least we know it's a fail at this stage.

That's definitely over the top and calling someone a bullshit troll artist is polite abuse. I think being gracious when wrong counts for something. Back in the 'untenable' stage I posed a question. What result qualified as proof the decision to prematurely dump WB was correct? What would satisfy? We definitely wouldn't be worse off so at least we know it's a fail at this stage.
I'm not sure what you're going on about. I absolutely 100% believe sacking Bennett once he refused the offer to manage the club's football was the ONLY thing to do and I wrote a pretty long post about this in the previous page.

As to the polite abuse, I didn't even say half of what most people thinks, besides... pot, kettle, black much?

I'm not sure what you're going on about. I absolutely 100% believe sacking Bennett once he refused the offer to manage the club's football was the ONLY thing to do and I wrote a pretty long post about this in the previous page.

As to the polite abuse, I didn't even say half of what most people thinks, besides... pot, kettle, black much?
Setting example?

It's a mates club, we have more scouts then any other team by a country mile with more youngsters on our books then other teams have employees including the leagues clubs, we should be getting the cream of the crop no exception.

Whether this is true or not I got no idea, but there has been a rumor around when Nolan first heard of Tesi Niu through a club scout he came to his next game spent 5 mins talking to someone on the phone while the game was going said this guy is good, sign him up and left the ground.

If this is the legit way he signs up youth we are fucked as a club for years.

We are the richest club in this league by a country mile with the best of everything, we should have the best in every role we can, remember only the coaching staff and the players are even on a salary cap.

The context of that story has been changed or retold negatively and that wasn't the intention. It was told when Tesi made his debut to highlight his ability that was obvious straight away.

Edwards rang Nolan and organised for him to come see Tesi play for his school- Nolan went and watched- Tesi got the ball beat 10 guys and Nolan said hell Pinky sign him now.

Edwards signed up Tesi.

This whole thing is just indicative of what is wrong with this club. Imagine if you show up for work, find out some of your workmates and your old boss have been made redundant and the general manager comes out and says "well theres a lot of "rot" to get rid of!"
Even if that were true, why come out and say it? It's almost trumpian in its stupidity.
It means that you have just shown disrespect to everyone that is working for you, has worked for you, and potentially will want to work for you.
If you truly believed it you take firm action with whoever you believe it of and you do it with confidence and respect. You don't use your workforce as an excuse for your failings. You have problems and you solve them. What personal opinions you have of people should remain that.
Publicly castigating current or former employees doesn't show strength but weakness. It doesn't make anyone play or work better, but worse it shows that the person at the top, the person who is meant to set an example, is passing the buck.
Its someone else's fault for recruitment, someone else's fault for selection, for strategies, and finally someone else's fault for missing tackles, passes, kicks and giving away penalties.
I'd much rather the leaders of this club take a note of a thing called responsibility. From Morris, all the way down to the guys running water, and the players themselves.
Milford for all his faults, came out and tried. When we got flogged, he didn't make a statement saying his forwards were ordinary (though they were) or that there was this injury he had to carry. If he did, I'd expect him to be dropped because it means he is looking for excuses. Shame that standard isn't held across this organisation.
If you want to start turning this organisation around, the first thing is to forget about corona virus, Bennet, past players, salary caps and everything and look at what, you, the individual can do to be better. This isn't something new. In fact I'm pretty sure sun Tsou might written it in a book a couple of thousand years ago.
It used to be the mantra of this club. When Walters kept getting beaten in defence, he didn't say "it's not my job really. I just pass and kick" he decided to get better. And gilmeister didn't say "I'm just a player, it's the coach's job to help him".
Locker didnt say "I've got a broken collarbone, let someone else kick that field goal". The ball and the game was in his hands.
I remember everyone dogging hunt for missing that grand final catch, but that same player in the same season as getting dropped, pushed himself to make a tackle with a broken leg. He didn't say "if Milford hadn't missed that tackle, I wouldnt have had to catch it". He took responsibility. Perhaps he took a little too much, but at least he had the courage to own it.
I want our players to own their failings, I want them to understand the expectations of them and to held to those expectations. I want our coach, his assistants, his bosses, and theirs likewise to know the expectations of them and to not blame someone else.
I'd like this a few times if it were possible. So much of it sums up much of what everyone is thinking or has said at one stage over the last five weeks. Well done.

**** "burn the boats", our new mantra should be " You're a Bronco -own it!

Don't count your chickens before they have hatched young Goat, you might be having a bit of premature speculation there.
You have watched the team play recently haven't you? It's looking pretty bloody grim.

For all the talk of Wayne, I'm not exactly looking at Souths and thinking he's about to come good on delivering them a Premiership this year, which was exactly what he was hired to do.

At the time of the deals being done, it's fair to say Souths looked a lot closer to their next Premiership than we did, and in Wayne they probably felt they had the best Coach to deliver that in a short window, whilst Brisbane had someone they were planning to build into a regular Premiership contender over 5 years.

Seibold has without question looked like the worse of the two with regards to achieving that goal. It's been a train wreck so far, but that's not to say Wayne looks like achieving his goal either. Frankly, he's an outside chance at best right now and appears to be sliding further away as the season wears on.

Funnily enough, you can actually see a lot of 2017-2018 Broncos DNA in Souths at the moment. There are a handful of bigger games where they really get up and compete, but they also drop or struggle in a lot of games that they should comfortably win, exactly like Brisbane for a lot of years beating top 4 sides but then shitting the bed when they played bottom 4 or mid table sides. Souths have also become more dull and predictable in attack, and whilst they rarely get flogged, they also rarely lay on an attacking masterclass either.

I think they'll make the 8 and give a reasonable account of themselves, but they're unlikely to really trouble the top sides and can probably expect a first or second week finals exit, exactly like the Broncos did under Wayne for a long time.

In short, it doesn't look like either party will get what they were really hoping for when they went down these paths.

Last edited:
Souths would be in a far better position if they hadn't thrown big bucks at Latrell and used the money to balance their squad. Needless to say bringing Roberts back was also a mistake.

Deouhi is actually a pretty handy fullback and just needed time to make the position his own. Su'A is starting to show signs he may be alright long term too just needs to sort his defence.

They'll be an interesting side when Arrow joins but I feel they're still short in the middle. Murray is basically a one man forward pack at present.

Last edited:
I agree with Wayne's dig about plenty of talent at our club that aren't playing to their potential. If you compare our squad to some of the top teams (minus the sombrero roosters) and you see squads with a lot of solid players all doing good jobs. Players who if we were to buy, no body would get excited or blink an eye. But for some reason in their current clubs they're killing it led by slightly better then average havles (moses, clearly etc). The concerning thing being other clubs seem to be able to get a team of stock standard guys with a few above average players to gel together and be serious threats.

I would argue that players like alex glen, joffa, oates and even turpin would be vital pieces and look very impressive apart of say the panthers, eels or tigers.

Proof of this is guys like shibasaki and to a lesser extent macca look like quality players at the knights whereas in Brisbane they looked bog average.

The question is, do we have a team of quality individuals players that just don't complement eachother on the field and despite individual qualities, will never form a good team? It may be the case that we have to make some hard decisions and lose some of these quality individuals in an effort to form a team of players as opposed to a team of individual's. Bronco's of 2015 were a great example with guys like dodds, Wallace, Reed and even Adam Blair who are stock standard players, gelling with a team of other stock standard players and looking like world beaters.

They'll be an interesting side when Arrow joins but I feel they're still short in the middle. Murray is basically a one man forward pack at present.

Yep, Arrow isn't the right buy, just like Jack Bird wasn't (and not because of his injuries but position-ally not needed) for us.

Arrow will be good but he is not what they need the most. Both big dollar spends in the wrong position.

I don't think Sua got a fair shot here under Seibs for whatever reason, his form was pretty poor but he just needed more consistent game time and he is now getting that at Souths and is coming good.

Souths would be in a far better position if they hadn't thrown big bucks at Latrell and used the money to balance their squad. Needless to say bringing Roberts back was also a mistake.

Deouhi is actually a pretty handy fullback and just needed time to make the position his own. Su'A is starting to show signs he may be alright long term too just needs to sort his defence.

Latrell was far from expensive for this season as far as I'm aware? $600k or so was my understanding? There probably isn't a team in the comp who wouldn't have lapped him up for that sort of cash.

Active Now

• Bronco bob
  • Aldo
  • Browny
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.