NEWS Bennett's Broncos dynasty on death row

Well is there something to these other BS rumours the have been pushing for ever and a day.

We want Paul Green as our coach

Maybe we want Ivan Cleary

We're possibly interested in JD to replace Bennett.

Or we could be looking at Kev Walters

Seibold is just this week's attempt to try and destabilize us. He has even said there has been no discussions or offers.

The only one that was even remotely right so far has been the Bellamy rumours, and Bennett even admitted that he was involved in the discussions about approaching Bellamy (even though he wasn't aware discussions had taken place)

If the choice is between believing White or believing those vultures in the media, I choose to believe White until he gives me a reason not to.

Not quite. He said he hasn’t been offered a formal contract. He didn’t say there hadn’t been any discussions or even offers. He was quite distinct about that, but none of the journos picked up on it or took it any further...

Problem is, a lot of players are pretty close to Bennett, and it wont do us any good if we have a group of unhappy players. We could have our hand forced as we wont want unhappy footballers.

Rubbish!

They are paid to be footballers, not Prima donnas who will only play under one coach. What would have happened the day he retired? They all pack a sad and retire with them?

They might have preferences to play with Wayne but just like your workplace there is never any guarantee you’ll have the same boss forever...

Rubbish!

They are paid to be footballers, not Prima donnas who will only play under one coach. What would have happened the day he retired? They all pack a sad and retire with them?

They might have preferences to play with Wayne but just like your workplace there is never any guarantee you’ll have the same boss forever...

Big difference between Wayne retiring and what appears to be happening at the moment. For guys like TPJ who sought Wayne out, who came to the club because of Wayne and are staying at the club because of Wayne and who would have 15 contracts waiting on his managers desk if he ever wanted to move, how Wayne leaves the club will make a big difference to him.

Actually it will be 2 full seasons and a bit as he took over the Rabbits in September 2017 and is contracted with them until the end of next season, but why split hairs...

I for one wouldn’t want Hasler anywhere goddamn near our club. Not that I have any sympathies but he dumped his own long term club at Manly at a moments notice as soon as a better offer came along and he turned the Bulldogs into an absolute basket-case of a club. Yes he won a comp. So did Stuart. Want to see him here maybe? I don’t.

If you think that is what we need, well not much more needs to be said...

If JD is as great as you seem to think he is, why is he never in the running for every head coaching job that comes along? Why does our own club, not rate him as anything more than an assistant, apparently?

In short, Siebold has runs on the board in NRL that neither Kevvie or JD do. It is that simple. If we are going to pick a rookie head coach, personally I think we should look at someone who has SOME runs on the board, as opposed to none.

We’ve been there and done that twice before and both were complete disasters. Without being able to get someone like Bellamy, a younger coach with SOME runs on the board, seems far better to me given our own experience than a young (er)coach with none...

On Hasler, I was saying that he’s the sort of coach who could get us a prem on a 4 year deal, not that I want him at the club. If Wayne retired tomorrow, and it was between him and Seibold, I’d probably lean towards Hasler. Thankfully Wayne wants to keep going so we don’t have to resort to a stop gap or a first year coach.

Edit: on JD never being sought out for a head coaching gig, didn’t the Titans offer him the job? I could be wrong, but I thought they went after him and Walters at different stages.

Last edited:
Rubbish!

Fairly confident its not my post thats rubbish.

As has been said, TPJ and Issako are just 2 players for example who joined us because of Bennett, and as broncos4life said, there is a difference between retiring and the Broncos mistreating him. If they do the wrong thing by him, we could be in trouble.

On Hasler, I was saying that he’s the sort of coach who could get us a prem on a 4 year deal, not that I want him at the club. If Wayne retired tomorrow, and it was between him and Seibold, I’d probably lean towards Hasler. Thankfully Wayne wants to keep going so we don’t have to resort to a stop gap or a first year coach.

Edit: on JD never being sought out for a head coaching gig, didn’t the Titans offer him the job? I could be wrong, but I thought they went after him and Walters at different stages.

Hasler might get us a premiership but he would **** us over cap wise.

Both Manly and Bulldogs were put in a very bad situation cap wise because of him and his back ended contracts.

Hasler might get us a premiership but he would **** us over cap wise.

Both Manly and Bulldogs were put in a very bad situation cap wise because of him and his back ended contracts.
If we did go that way, he has no say on contracts.

But really, just keep Bennett until he wants to retire. Bellamy was the only coach who is worth succeeding him for a long term contract, anyone else is a huge risk. There's heaps of flash in the pan coaches that look good for 1-2 years and turn to shit.

Maybe, maybe not. But Hasler definitely left every club he has been at in a worse state than when he found it, so on that alone, no thanks.

I’m not suggesting Siebold is THE answer either, but if given the choice between him, JD or Kevvie I’d be leaning towards Siebold right about now.

Of course the Broncs could have their eye on someone completely left field and we’ll be laughing that we ever thought any of these names were a chance in a couple of years time!

Am trying to examine it from the Broncos management point of view...

What, exactly, about Bennett's performances are they not happy with and would give them grounds to not continue with him as coach?

Going in a different direction after next year is fine. Bennett will have fulfilled his contract and both parties should be happy. They have every right to do that.

Since returning in 2015 we have contested a grand final and made it to the semi-final and preliminary final stages of the competition.

By any measurement of success, aside from a premiership victory, that's pretty impressive.

Under his watch we have also unearthed the best up and coming pack of forwards in recent memory.

So he's 68. So what? He appears to be in remarkable shape for his age and is still keen to continue.

It's starting to look like a case of 'ageism' more and more to me.

Last edited:
DAMN! Should of taken this wager. Didn't even read this message til now.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/w...p/news-story/592f3ad41e148711c01acc4e36cd7cb5
It seems pretty obvious that we were talking about season 2019. Also, were I putting up a grand I'm experienced enough to make it crystal clear exactly that which we are betting on. My view is that WB publicly declared he would be coaching the Bronco's in 2019.

Technically you could claim they have agreed to swap coaches but I wasn't claiming it wasn't going to happen in later years rather I was prepared to bet that it wouldn't happen that WB would be at Redfern in 2019 and Siebold would be coaching the Bronco's.

Last edited:
It seems pretty obvious that we were talking about season 2019. Also, were I putting up a grand I'm experienced enough to make it crystal clear exactly that which we are betting on. My view is that WB publicly declared he would be coaching the Bronco's in 2019.

Technically you could claim they have agreed to swap coaches but I wasn't claiming it wasn't going to happen in later years rather I was prepared to bet that it wouldn't happen that WB would be at Redfern in 2019 and Siebold would be coaching the Bronco's.
Mmmm, I still reckon you might do your money.

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  • Mr Fourex
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.