• Tonie Carroll

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Who was the absolute best player of this decade? We have had so many Rep players, so many legends of the game play for us this decade. You only get 1 vote, so make it count! Remember, this is for this decade.

LOL Webcke, Petch and Tallis surely come close tho

I almost went for Tallis, but Lockyer has been consistently good or great for the whole 10 years.

Exactly. He's the only player who's played the entire decade. He's been captain for 5 and a half of those seasons. Played in 2 premierships. Been the go to player both when at fullback and five-eighth.

As Langer was the player of the 90s for the Broncos, Lockyer was hands down the player of the noughties.

I believe Glen Lazarus was the player of the 1990's at the Broncos. He delivered the missing ingredient, a winning mentality and we proceeded to dominate the decade. I don't believe he was our best player but in terms of his impact on the way the club performed he left the biggest imprint.

Fair argument. Same thing though, if you took Langer out of the team then I doubt any of those premierships would've happened.

Lazarus might've been the missing ingredient before 1992, but Langer was the main ingredient.

Oh I agree. I would toss it up between those two guys, who without either we wouldn't be where we are today in terms of titles and consecutive finals appearances.

Yep, and given that, the fact Langer played in all 10 years of the decade (albeit retiring early in 1999), and played in and captained 4 winning Grand Finals...while Lazarus only played at the Broncos from 1992-1997 and missed the title tilt in 1997 due to a broken leg...Langer would win it.

But hey, this is slightly off topic as we're talking about the noughties :P
Good discussion though.

This poll just makes u think how lucky we are. We could be Souths fans choosing between John Sutton & Roy Asotasi

Yeah. If only Souths fans had the internet back in the 1960s and 70s when they were actually decent.

well its the 1980's at souths now so they can do a last decade..

But yeh Lockyer should take this out easy.

Lockyer 13-0 at this stage... close contest.

LOL Karmichael got a vote. Pretty sure queenslander voted for him :P

i voted Locky, His just done to much for us to be ignored as the Greatest. I would vote for him as the greatest Bronco of all time!

Hatchy, Whats the reason behind Civo beating out Locky? I know his been a great leader and all but i still think there he would be around 5th on my list

Active Now

• Battler
  • Alec
  • pennywisealfie
  • Maddy
  • thenry
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • BooKhaki
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • johnny plath
  • mrslong
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.