Best Ever Captains

Indeed, look no further than Mal.

Cam is practically a coach now. I don't see any reason Locky wouldn't be great.

Meninga hasn't really had to coach the origin players yet. The fact that the core of players are still together and have played 40-50 games together now (including tests) makes it all the more easier. I would be curious how he would go with a completely new squad.

Captaincy is more than skill and influence. It's about how you engage the game, the fans, the sponsors and the media. Bias aside, Locky owns Smith in every department.

Tbf, Cam is great at engaging people for Queensland and Australia from what i have seen. Couldnt really tell you about Melbourne.

People in Melbourne hardly know they have a league team, let alone the Australian captain and best number 9 in history.

Meninga hasn't really had to coach the origin players yet. The fact that the core of players are still together and have played 40-50 games together now (including tests) makes it all the more easier. I would be curious how he would go with a completely new squad.

I don't think it's possible for any coach to have a completely new squad in Origin, tbh. He used seven debutantes in his first game alone.

Many, many players made their debut under Meninga and they became mainstays in the team. The ones he can take credit for I think are: Inglis, Scott, Johnson, Thaiday, Myles, Folau, Boyd, Karmichael Hunt, Cronk, Gillett - all those guys pretty much established themselves in the team under Meninga's coaching.

It's a 50/50 split between Locky and Smith for me.

People in Melbourne hardly know they have a league team, let alone the Australian captain and best number 9 in history.
Best number 9 in history is a big call but I would have to agree with you.
He is also gracious in both defeat and winning, unlike the grubs from NSW that he plays against.

I will never forget what CH9 did to him on the eve of Origin a couple of years ago just to try and upset Queensland's chances of winning, they failed of course.

Am I allowed to say this? **** NSW and **** CH9.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.