BHQ 2014 POTS Round #1 vs Bulldogs

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Player of the Season Round 1 against the Bulldogs votes. Click the Voting banner at the top of the forum or the Button below:

Last edited:
My Round 1 votes.

1. Maranta
2. McCullough
3. Gillett

I believe Gillett had a massive game and made some crucial tackles in defense. Plus, he only missed 2 tackles! Compared to last year, that's outstanding.

1. Maranta
2. Barba
3. Copley

Last edited:
3. Glenn
2. Barba
1. Maranta

Btw, why does it say Round 26 in op?

3. McCullough
2. Glenn
1. Vidot

3. Barba
2. Maranta
1. Gillett

Did Barba do enough for 80 minutes to warrant No. 1?

1. Gillett
2. Barba
3. Copley

Maranta getting points because he did what a winger is supposed to do. Finish a try. Amazing from him.

Maranta getting points because he did what a winger is supposed to do. Finish a try. Amazing from him.

Not only did he finish a try, one that last season he would have stuffed up BTW, but he was good defensively and saved our asses on several occasions as well as some good runs in attack.

Judge him on that game he had not the games he had LAST YEAR.

I predict Maranta will play for QLD and Australia this year.

3. Alex Glenn - Consistently made good metres, helped Hoffman out with a couple of crucial tackles and applied some nice kick pressure at vital times. A sweet reply from somebody who I thought was getting something of a free ride last year from the fans.

2. Andrew McCullough - Pretty gutsy effort from Macca. Very involved in defence where I thought he was great for us in the middle. Canterbury could have put a couple of points on us late, but it was a couple of try savers from him that kept us in the contest. Made some nice roads that bought us penalties and all-round a good performance. If he can build on that, there's still hope that he can live up to his reputation.

1. Lachlan Maranta
- Was asked a lot of questions by the Bulldogs kicking game and invariably came up with the right answers on the night. I tossed and turned on this one, but at the end of the day, I'm going to remember this game for how we held on and credit where it's due, Lachlan showed great resolve and confidence.

Honorable Mentions:
Barba, Vidot, Copley, Parker, Thaiday, Gillett, Hannant.

A bit surprised at the Glenn love. He ran with purpose and made big metres, but was our weakest link in defense...

3- Barba
2- Macca
1- Copley

Active Now

• Fozz
  • lynx000
  • Pablo
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Jedhead
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.