BHQ 2014 POTS Round #1 vs Bulldogs

Not weak enough to diminish how effective his runs were and how much momentum he provided the team.

Only remember one miss that was crucial and Thaiday covered it up nicely with a desperate tackle on Finucane before Ennis tried to borrow over from dummy half. Otherwise, he did a good job of playing Hoffy's minder and put a lot of pressure on kicks which can't be underestimated.

Not weak enough to diminish how effective his runs were and how much momentum he provided the team.

Only remember one miss that was crucial and Thaiday covered it up nicely with a desperate tackle on Finucane before Ennis tried to borrow over from dummy half. Otherwise, he did a good job of playing Hoffy's minder and put a lot of pressure on kicks which can't be underestimated.
He missed a third of the tackles he made (and he didn't make that many)... I would never consider that MOTM material.

This is Rugby League, not the NFL. Numbers don't dictate who was the best on the park.

If you think a few ineffective tackles cancel out what Alex Glenn did on the offensive side of things, you're mistaken, he was amazing all night, hardly made a run where he didn't bust a tackle or make 10+ metres.

I didn't just looked up the stats, I actually noticed Glenn's dodgy defense during the game, and the stats confirmed my thoughts... hence my remark. You see it differently, that's your prerogative, no need to get your panties in a twist.

And albeit not always, numbers mostly do dictate who was best on the park! :wink:

If you think a few ineffective tackles cancel out what Alex Glenn did on the offensive side of things, you're mistaken, he was amazing all night, hardly made a run where he didn't bust a tackle or make 10+ metres.
I never said he didn't play well, especially in attack. Pretty sure I mentioned this in my review post of the game...

I'm just saying that his defense wasn't good enough for me to consider him for POTS votes.

You see it differently, that's your prerogative, no need to get your panties in a twist.

Last time I checked, I wasn't the one questioning other people's votes. :winky:

I stand by my stats comment. Too many people let them influence their opinion.

I never look at stats, I prefer to watch the game and get my own impressions and Glenn was outstanding in that game. The only fault I saw was stepping back inside instead of staying straight and scoring

3. Copely
2. Barba
1. Maranta

Macca just missing out!

3. Barba
2. Macca
1. Copely

Bit late but I totes forgot all about POTS! No points for Maranta as I feel he's only doing what most wingers in the comp do week-in/week-out; catching bombs and finishing set plays, sorry Lachlan but you need to be more consistent.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.