BHQ Crew Summer Season

what am i registering for on there? sorry but the sms with the details were on my old phone :(

Individual Registration
Hickey Park Oztag
Mens D (or whatever the lowest grade is) - BHQ Crew is the team name

So, do you all still play Oztag or what?

lazy [icon_razz1

this season we are:

Played 5, won 2 lost 3.

our losses have been reasonably close.

yeah we've been competitive in the ones we've lost. last match we got done 6-2, but the other team had 5-6 reserves against our 1, so we were never gonna stand a chance.

Good win tonight, in the 1st half we were a bit timid, but in the 2nd half we got back to our patterns of play and structure, ran the ball hard, and ended up winning the game 7-4 (halftime was 3 all).

Stu, what was it like playing against us? Did we keep the team guessing? were we too flat? etc.?

Yeah it wasn't too bad. First half was ordinary (I had a shocker!) but we got into the swing of things in the second half. Defensively we were very good.

Ghibli said:
Good win tonight, in the 1st half we were a bit timid, but in the 2nd half we got back to our patterns of play and structure, ran the ball hard, and ended up winning the game 7-4 (halftime was 3 all).

Stu, what was it like playing against us? Did we keep the team guessing? were we too flat? etc.?
i was actually surprised by how deep and genuinely hard to keep a good defensive line against some of our (well not mine for that game) plays were. at times a bit flat, but really in that second half you were getting some good ball movement and lines going.

i know some of the guys on my team/the opposition knew they were getting caught out at times, and were struggling to fix the problem. the good defense made some of them make bad decisions, especially with passing - offloading when theres noone expecting it, throwing passes waaaaaaaay too hard when the person theyre passing to is 1-2m from them.

and PS hammos a slow c#nt [icon_razz1

Hahaha, yeah Hammo's slow yet he still makes so many breaks and scores tries...what is the dealio!

Good feedback, I think when we do play with a bit of energy and have players in motion we're a damn good team. We only fall apart when we go one out and we try to make breaks every play.

yeah i dunno how he does it hahaha.

like you said, its the having players in motion and having options that will win us matches. not only does it confuse the defence, it tires them out from constantly having to move to cover their man. half the guys on my team were absolutely exhausted 5 minutes into the second half because of it.

For all of our numerous fans information we had a good win tonight in our semi-final match against the previously undefeated AAC. we know progress to GRAND FINAL next week against our nemesis the Spiders (who we have never beaten in our 4 seasons of competing.)

It was a very solid win last night. We started pretty badly. We had all the possession but kept going sideways (not running so much as passing sideways) with nobody trying to hit the gaps, and invariably we fooked oop.

They scored 2 long range tries through lazy tagging to lead 2-0.

We then got into our groove. Started getting go forward, and then going wide once we had some momentum. Hammo was carving them new arseholes, and Tom was slicing through pretty well. By half time we were up 3-2.

Went further ahead 4-2 after the break, but then a couple of errors gifted them tries and they levelled at 4-4. I was guilty...we had a 3-on-2 overlap and I tried to get the ball out there but it was a poor pass, knocked on, they picked it up and ran the length to score :-(

But then with a few minutes to go brilliant inside ball from Cam to Drew sent him over and we were up 5-4.

Tense last few minutes but we defended very well and held on to win the game.

If we play like that next week we can beat the Spiders.

Drew also nearly got us reduced to 7 men by abusing the ref! LOLZ

The Rock said:
Coxy said:
Drew also nearly got us reduced to 7 men by abusing the ref! LOLZ

Hahaha why am I not surprised! [icon_lol1.

He was responsible for having our semi-final called off with 10 minutes to go after he threatened to take on the ref. [icon_lol1.

Quality player though.

Seems to be a bloke you have to make sure keeps getting the ball regularly. At times he got stuck out wide opposite to where the ball was and he came drifting in field to the point we got crowded up. Ah well.

Active Now

• scobie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • the_next
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Griffo
  • HarryAllan7
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.