BHQ Crew Summer Season

Well, I think we lost our GF. It was called off due to a fight - and they were leading 4-1 so I assume they win.

Controversial!

Who was in the fight?

i have tried ringing a few of them and either they are still fighting or not wanting to talk to me :(

I can't believe Ghibli would just post that and go without giving details

Details -

- 2nd half starts, the opposition (the Spiders - our nemesis) start to niggle our players.
- Ref wasn't pulling up their contact on us - basically they play the game hard, they were coming in hard when we had the ball to make a tag - usually a bump and some words; again ref didn't put a stop to it.
- Hammo's mate took a ruck (I was the dummy half) and this bloke came flying and collided with him, Hammo's mate then took off in another direction and the bloke whom he collided with made a u-turn behind their defensive line, and angled straight to where Hammo's mate was headed.
- The opposition player basically ran straight into Hammo's mate and threw a punch (I think it connected), then Hammo's mate grabbed the other player and I think he got one in on him (not too sure how much of it, if any, connected), then Hammo's mate really lined him up, but Hammo got there just in time and stopped him. Lucky for the other bloke because Hammo's mate is someone you don't want to mess with! If Hammo hadn't had intervened I'd say old mate from the other team would be in a pretty bad way.
- Ref then got all high and mighty and called the game off.

I assume because they were winning 4-1 they won the game as a result - funny I heard one of their players say as he walked off that we had to be put out of our misery - pfft it was 4-1 dude, not 10-1.

Personally I don't think there should be a result.

if they started the fight i think they will be the ones penalised. Hammo should have just let it go :)

Oh I agree, Hammo should've let his mate rip into the bloke, when I saw the bloke go behind the defensive line and make a straight line to Hammo's mate, I though he was going to king hit him, in the end he got blind-sighted. So all you have to do is get to a lead, have one of your blokes start a fight - then the ref calls of the game - you end up winning.

Yep, he doesn't have the healthiest of respect for refs.

Nah, I didn't think it was a bad fight, it was only between the two players. I think the ref realised he lost control. But seriously I think if both of the players were sent the game could've progressed. Could've been interesting if they had to play with 1 player down!

Yeah I'm pretty disappointed with how it all went down actually. Sad end to a good season.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • scobie
  • Skyblues87
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
  • the_next
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.