BHQ Gambling Association

I got on live chat with them, and they responded after about 3 days.

Likewise, that's not really good enough though.

You get on the livechat with some of their competitors and it's a pretty quick response.

I think the close would have been when the final field was released, or the barrier draw.

I did get paid today, they've got some big names behind them so I reckon they'll sort their shit out, pretty ordinary way for them to launch though.

It was, but they didn't specify that anywhere. They listed a market close date on every single other promotion, including the Melbourne Cup, so it's very suspect that they didn't list the market close date for the Cox Plate promo.

Betr are having a heap of issues at the moment, but you can use them to your advantage.

For instance, on the NBA over the past few days, when the markets change, they have been leaving some of the old markets up. The Charlotte vs San Antonio game yesterday started out with an over or under total points market of 231.5 at most bookies. It ended up coming in to 221.5, but Betr left the original 231.5 market up too.

I bet on under 231.5 at Betr, and over 221.5 at SportsBet. The score ended up being 231 total points. Won both bets for a big pay day.

Same thing happened on the Utah vs Denver game, but in reverse. The total points started off at 218.5 but went out to 226.5. Betr still had the 218.5 market, so took overs on them, and unders on TopSport. Score ended up as 225, both bets win again.

Had similar things happen on some line bets too, but they didn't come off, although in one of the cases the odds were so in my favour in ended up making money regardless.

Yesterday was a good day on the sports investing thanks to Betr.

Aside from their promos on the Cox Plate and the Cup, their promo of finishing 2nd to 5th (all races Sydney and Melbourne, get bonus cash back up to twice your stake.. that's a great promo for any casual. Granted it's bonus cash, essentially bonus bets but unless you're throwing darts at roughies, you'd expect to get your money doubled in bonuses in every race

Aside from their promos on the Cox Plate and the Cup, their promo of finishing 2nd to 5th (all races Sydney and Melbourne, get bonus cash back up to twice your stake.. that's a great promo for any casual. Granted it's bonus cash, essentially bonus bets but unless you're throwing darts at roughies, you'd expect to get your money doubled in bonuses in every race
Does the 2nd to 5th promo apply to having a bet in every race?
Or only one race per day?

Bonus cash is much better than bonus bets.

Every time.

Also happens when I bet on NRL players.

A lot of punters will be carrying on a bit but seriously, neither of these horses were scheduled to run here before the cup, what exactly were people waiting for?

Deauville Legend's form actually reads a bit better after El Bodegon ran 3rd in the Cox Plate.

View attachment 20151

A lot of punters will be carrying on a bit but seriously, neither of these horses were scheduled to run here before the cup, what exactly were people waiting for?

Deauville Legend's form actually reads a bit better after El Bodegon ran 3rd in the Cox Plate.

Punters have every right to be pissed off.

That's twice now they've closed or altered one of their promotions and the company has been open less than a month. They've been flooding the market with advertisements about this promotion, and the reason they cite for lowering the odds on the 2 favourites is 'an unprecedented number of bets', like.. wasn't that the whole fucking idea, you geniuses?

And to answer your question 'what were people waiting for', you can look at Durston, who was withdrawn this morning after an X-Ray picked up a slight issue. That can happen to absolutely anyone over the last week leading in to the Cup, and they're significantly more strict with it now, any imperfections in a scan, you're out.

And to answer your question 'what were people waiting for', you can look at Durston, who was withdrawn this morning after an X-Ray picked up a slight issue. That can happen to absolutely anyone over the last week leading in to the Cup, and they're significantly more strict with it now, any imperfections in a scan, you're out.

Yes but that's literally how all-in betting works. That's actually the risk you are taking and the reason you usually get much better odds.

If the field was declared and that happened, you'd get your money back. It's no surprise to me to see they've altered the odds significantly of the market leaders, we're only a few days away from the race now.

So you can't get 101-1 anymore but still, 10-1 is double the quote of any other bookie about Deauville Legend, his odds have shortened with other bookies as we draw closer to the race, which is no surprise.

Yes but that's literally how all-in betting works. That's actually the risk you are taking and the reason you usually get much better odds.

If the field was declared and that happened, you'd get your money back. It's no surprise to me to see they've altered the odds significantly of the market leaders, we're only a few days away from the race now.

So you can't get 101-1 anymore but still, 10-1 is double the quote of any other bookie about Deauville Legend, his odds have shortened with other bookies as we draw closer to the race, which is no surprise.

Do you work for betr or something? You're the first person I've seen defending them.

It's extremely shady to advertise your promotion as '$101 on any horses in the Melbourne Cup' and then a few days before you close the market you change the odds without notice and say 'Actually, we're going to lose too much money if the favourites win, so we're going to selectively lower the odds of a couple of the most likely to win runners'.

I'd be stunned if there's not some sort of intervention from the ACCC. It's the definition of false advertising.

This on top of them closing the Cox Plate market with the barrier draw - despite not advertising the market close date anywhere (And intentionally advertising every other market close date). They've absolutely had this planned since the beginning, imo.

Do you work for betr or something? You're the first person I've seen defending them.

It's extremely shady to advertise your promotion as '$101 on any horses in the Melbourne Cup' and then a few days before you close the market you change the odds without notice and say 'Actually, we're going to lose too much money if the favourites win, so we're going to selectively lower the odds of a couple of the most likely to win runners'.

I'd be stunned if there's not some sort of intervention from the ACCC. It's the definition of false advertising.

This on top of them closing the Cox Plate market with the barrier draw - despite not advertising the market close date anywhere (And intentionally advertising every other market close date). They've absolutely had this planned since the beginning, imo.

No, I don't work for them, that would be ridiculous.

I work for the TAB and have a good understanding of how bookmakers operate, I know it was a promotion and you'd expect to be able to get 101-1 about the favorites right up until the 29th (which would be the time when the final field is declared) but that's not how bookmakers operate. They'd have a certain amount they're prepared to lose on any runner and I reckon people have co-ordinated between themselves "you put 10 on the fav on your account, I will put 10 on the 2nd fav on my account and we'll go 50/50".

The intervention from the ACCC would be them using a promotion to lure people into signing up, that's now illegal. I haven't seen their terms and conditions about the promo but I would be stunned if there wasn't something written about them reserving the right to change the price, given it's an all-in market I have no doubt there is something their T&C's about that. Bookmakers change odds all the time in response to where the money is going.

The Cox Plate with the barrier draw would've been the same reason they're closing the Melbourne Cup promotion on the 29th, the final field would've been declared and all-in betting would then be suspended.

The Cox Plate with the barrier draw would've been the same reason they're closing the Melbourne Cup promotion on the 29th, the final field would've been declared and all-in betting would then be suspended.

That is technically correct - but it doesn't change the fact that it was intentionally misleading.

The course of events was -

Betr opens and there's banners up for every promotion (6 in total), every single promotion, including the other Horse Racing promotion (Melbourne Cup) had a specified market-close date on the banner. By leaving the banner blank, it could only be implied that the market would be open until the race jumped. There was NOTHING in the Terms and Conditions, or anywhere on the website that stated the Cox Plate market-close date.

The night before the barrier draw, they very sneakily updated the banner to say the market was closing at 8am the following morning, a few people saw it, 90% of people didn't.

I don't care if it's technically legal or not - it's incredibly shady and intentionally misleading tactics.

I'm not sure why anyone is shocked a bookmaker would do something questionable.

The whole industry is shady. Lose money and they keep on giving you incentives to gamble, look like you have some idea, and it's stake limiting time or account closure.

It should be considered discrimination.

Apparently people have had some bets voided, now I would assume that would be because they thought they could lay down 10 bets at $1 each on 10 different runners at 101-1. It very clearly says 1 bet per customer, those people are probably feeling wronged and outraged but it says it right there on the banner "1 bet per customer".

Just an example of how some people try to take advantage of an already incredibly good promotion. You can get 101-1 on other Futures (all-in) markets too. Just don't try and do it the week before the Grand Final, you probably won't be able to get on.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • The True King
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
  • Hurrijo
  • Brocko
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.