BHQ Gambling Association

I'm not sure why anyone is shocked a bookmaker would do something questionable.

The whole industry is shady. Lose money and they keep on giving you incentives to gamble, look like you have some idea, and it's stake limiting time or account closure.

It should be considered discrimination.

The amount of consecutive bonus bets I got from Sportsbet was unbelievable. I didn't have to put any money down for a bet for a couple of months because of it.

Once they stopped, I stopped putting bets in.

The amount of consecutive bonus bets I got from Sportsbet was unbelievable. I didn't have to put any money down for a bet for a couple of months because of it.

Once they stopped, I stopped putting bets in.

Do you still get them?

I think they changed the regulations, you use to have to turn over any bonus bet winnings before you could withdraw but now you don't. With that in mind, it wasn't even a risk for them.

I do love how they say "due to unprecedented demand" lol.

They knew it would happen, that's why they did it. They put out a bunch of marketing advertising the $101 odds knowing all of the punters are going to flock to them hoping for a big payday. Then when they do, they drop it down to $10 but make sure the odds are still better than anyone else knowing most of the punters are going to stick with them.

It's intentionally misleading and really should be illegal.

Do you still get them?

I think they changed the regulations, you use to have to turn over any bonus bet winnings before you could withdraw but now you don't. With that in mind, it wasn't even a risk for them.

Nah they stopped giving them to me after a while. TAB give me a couple every now and then when a big sporting event is on but rarely.

You can get 101-1 on other Futures (all-in) markets too. Just don't try and do it the week before the Grand Final, you probably won't be able to get on.

The NRL & AFL futures close in December this year. I placed all of my futures $101 promotion bets today because I no longer trust the company. If they lose big on Cup day it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they drop all the $101 odd promotions to $10, or just remove them completely.

Get on while you can.

I stopped getting bonus bets from them a long time ago, it was incredibly easy to get around that system. If you win your bonus bet and need to 'turn it over', you just throw it all on something paying $1.01

I did it 10+ times before they stopped giving me bonus bets 😅

The NRL & AFL futures close in December this year. I placed all of my futures $101 promotion bets today because I no longer trust the company. If they lose big on Cup day it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they drop all the $101 odd promotions to $10, or just remove them completely.

Get on while you can.

I dunno, they’ve got some significant people behind them.

I would love to know how much they are set to have to hand over if the favourite wins the Cup.

Been trying to sign the wife up since this morning but the site won't register the debit card. Tried at least 30 times. Sent an email this morning but no response.
I think they have shut down to new accounts to avoid bigger losses.

Apparently people have had some bets voided, now I would assume that would be because they thought they could lay down 10 bets at $1 each on 10 different runners at 101-1. It very clearly says 1 bet per customer, those people are probably feeling wronged and outraged but it says it right there on the banner "1 bet per customer".
Not sure this is correct. It says max $10. Per customer

I've had $5 bets on 2 outcomes in all the $101 markets.
Not sure why they would object tbh , only 1 outcome can win and the more you break up your bet the lower the payout.

I'd say some customers who don't understand all in betting were on Durston and think they will get the bet returned

Not sure why they would object tbh , only 1 outcome can win and the more you break up your bet the lower the payout.

I'd say some customers who don't understand all in betting were on Durston and think they will get the bet returned

Yeah I've broken up a couple of mine in to 2x $5 bets.

I signed up for a family member this arvo at like 3pm and didn't have any issues.

Yeah I don't know either, just wondering why they'd be voiding bets.

It does say one bet per customer on the graphic below, I would like to know myself as if it is the case where you can split I will take a couple of teams in the NRL, AFL and World Cup (soccer) markets.

I stopped getting bonus bets from them a long time ago, it was incredibly easy to get around that system. If you win your bonus bet and need to 'turn it over', you just throw it all on something paying $1.01

I did it 10+ times before they stopped giving me bonus bets 😅
Most bookmakers set minimum odds the money needs to be turned over at, for that very reason.

It's the same today, even know they can't legally make you turn over the winnings from bonus bets, they can make you turn over the deposit you used to get a bonus (if it was a deposit bonus), and most will set minimum odds for this.

It's still easy to get around though. Just go and bet on the other side of the bet at another bookmaker and take a small loss (very small if you know what you're doing).

Loft out of the Melbourne Cup.

Gee, I wonder why people didn't wanna go early on the promotion. @BroncosFever

That's all-in betting for you, whatever price he was 2-3 weeks ago he would've been a shorter price last night.

Even if you do decide to get on one on Saturday before it closes, if it comes out on Tuesday you still don't get your money back, it's just a case of when are you prepared to take the risk versus what price are you willing to take.

As it stands, 10-1 about Deauville Legend is a great price. Not 100-1 obviously but you've just had the 2nd favourite pull out and as far as I know betr haven't changed the price.

FWIW, I was on Loft and that means I have lost my 10 dollars but I knew about the risk when I took the bet and I also knew there was a high chance 100-1 wouldn't be available come Derby Day.

I also knew there was a high chance 100-1 wouldn't be available come Derby Day.

Lol, you're full of shit. It's unprecedented for a betting company to advertise a promotion on the level they have, with a specific price for all runners, and then pull the rug a few days out. I would love for you to find another example of someone doing this - Sportsbet, TAB, Bet365, whoever. It's never been done. For you to say you saw it coming is complete crap, and you know it.

Lol, you're full of shit. It's unprecedented for a betting company to advertise a promotion on the level they have, with a specific price for all runners, and then pull the rug a few days out. I would love for you to find another example of someone doing this - Sportsbet, TAB, Bet365, whoever. It's never been done. For you to say you saw it coming is complete crap, and you know it.

It's not a promotion at Big W mate, it's betting and bookmakers have operated like this since as far back as they've been riding on horseback.

It's risk management, they all do it, they reserve the right to change the odds (of course they do).

I wouldn't have to look far to find an example, just open up any betting market on any race and look at the fluctuations a minute out before they're set to run. Odds change, constantly, in response to where the money goes. Did I envision that every bloke and their dog would be making an account to get on at 101-1 about one of the favs in the countries biggest race? Fair to say anyone would see that coming. Just with my knowledge in the bookmaking industry I knew they'd change the price because that's what every bookie does.

Unread

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mick_Hancock
  • BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.