BHQ Gambling Association

IMG 6272 1

Hope you all got your bets on

It's not a promotion at Big W mate, it's betting and bookmakers have operated like this since as far back as they've been riding on horseback.

It's risk management, they all do it, they reserve the right to change the odds (of course they do).

I wouldn't have to look far to find an example, just open up any betting market on any race and look at the fluctuations a minute out before they're set to run. Odds change, constantly, in response to where the money goes. Did I envision that every bloke and their dog would be making an account to get on at 101-1 about one of the favs in the countries biggest race? Fair to say anyone would see that coming. Just with my knowledge in the bookmaking industry I knew they'd change the price because that's what every bookie does.
Are you comparing a heavily advertised promo which stated you had guaranteed odds to a certain date, to standard fixed market betting?

I'm a massive fan of how Betr have started, but come on mate.

Maybe people were putting it in as a 1-2-3 bet. Not trifecta because the 100-1 odds were for the win right? Making odds and risk astronomical? What’s the small print exactly? I see nothing saying it cant be? Some savvy punters found a loophole?

Duais, Gold Trip, Without a Fight, Hoo Ya Mal, Lunar Flare, Montefilia & Vow and Declare in to $10

This is turning in to a farce very quickly. I wouldn't be surprised at this point if they refund all bets before Tuesday and shut it down.

Edit: They've slashed odds on more of the favourites from every other market as well.

Are you comparing a heavily advertised promo which stated you had guaranteed odds to a certain date, to standard fixed market betting?

I'm a massive fan of how Betr have started, but come on mate.

I'm stating that's how bookmakers operate, they're prepared to take so many bets and risk so much money until the risk is too great. They're not going to risk an amount greater than a figure which would leave them with an incredible loss.

However, with them cutting the price of what looks like 5 horses now, you'd have to be a mug to take 10-1 with betr on some of these horses. Gold Trip and Duais are paying more with other bookies. I can't believe they haven't seen that.

Maybe people were putting it in as a 1-2-3 bet. Not trifecta because the 100-1 odds were for the win right? Making odds and risk astronomical? What’s the small print exactly? I see nothing saying it cant be? Some savvy punters found a loophole?

Looks like a win only market to me, unless you can change it in the bet slip, not too sure.

I'm stating that's how bookmakers operate, they're prepared to take so many bets and risk so much money until the risk is too great. They're not going to risk an amount greater than a figure which would leave them with an incredible loss.

However, with them cutting the price of what looks like 5 horses now, you'd have to be a mug to take 10-1 with betr on some of these horses. Gold Trip and Duais are paying more with other bookies. I can't believe they haven't seen that.
I can't recall it happening with another bookie before. And from my time working in the industry, I can only imagine the type of contacts Betr are getting. They will lose a solid % of the market they obtained from this, punters are generally extremely entitled creatures.

I can't recall it happening with another bookie before. And from my time working in the industry, I can only imagine the type of contacts Betr are getting. They will lose a solid % of the market they obtained from this, punters are generally extremely entitled creatures.
The joys of govt. controlled regulations for gambling. Back in the day a bookie would have to be stupid or have a deathwish to pull this type of stunt, he would be asking for bad luck. Sounds like this scam is a green light to rob (especially naive)people blind. Imagine how many people that aren’t regular punters that only sign up because mc day is just around the corner and are completely oblivious to the fact they have just been grifted.

No doubt they will and no doubt people only deposited 20 bucks or something to get 20-1 about Anamoe and 100-1 about one of the Cup favs, I reckon a lot of people had no intention hanging around.

If it were me, I would have been starting with a larger bet limit on these markets and bringing that down instead of reducing the odds of up to 5 runners (maybe the first 1000 customers can have a higher bet limit, 20 bucks or something, not really sure what they were prepared to cop as a loss on a single runner), some of these odds are now less than what other bookies are offering as a standard bet. It's a farce that this is a "promo" and you're being offered a lower price on particular horses than other bookies, that's the bit that's got me.

With TAB (I use TAB's odds because they're the main bookie in Australia, I get nothing from it if you bet with them or not), the only runner under 10-1 is Deauville Legend, everything else is 11-1 or more. Betr are offering 10-1 about 4 horses with a bet limit of 10 bucks, that is ridiculous. Not only will you get a better price elsewhere, you'll no doubt be able to lay down more than 10 bucks. They've made a meal of it in that regard.

No doubt they will and no doubt people only deposited 20 bucks or something to get 20-1 about Anamoe and 100-1 about one of the Cup favs, I reckon a lot of people had no intention hanging around.

If it were me, I would have been starting with a larger bet limit on these markets and bringing that down instead of reducing the odds of up to 5 runners (maybe the first 1000 customers can have a higher bet limit, 20 bucks or something, not really sure what they were prepared to cop as a loss on a single runner), some of these odds are now less than what other bookies are offering as a standard bet. It's a farce that this is a "promo" and you're being offered a lower price on particular horses than other bookies, that's the bit that's got me.

With TAB (I use TAB's odds because they're the main bookie in Australia, I get nothing from it if you bet with them or not), the only runner under 10-1 is Deauville Legend, everything else is 11-1 or more. Betr are offering 10-1 about 4 horses with a bet limit of 10 bucks, that is ridiculous. Not only will you get a better price elsewhere, you'll no doubt be able to lay down more than 10 bucks. They've made a meal of it in that regard.

It's the same in a few markets, they lowered the Nets to $10 in the NBA ($12 on Sportsbet), and a bunch of the AFL, NRL, FIFA World Cup ones they've lowered to $10 are in that $8-10 range on other bookies, with no bet limit.

They really just have no idea what they're doing I'm pretty sure.

It's the same in a few markets, they lowered the Nets to $10 in the NBA ($12 on Sportsbet), and a bunch of the AFL, NRL, FIFA World Cup ones they've lowered to $10 are in that $8-10 range on other bookies, with no bet limit.

They really just have no idea what they're doing I'm pretty sure.
By getting it lower than other bookies it will completely stop people betting on it. They are hedging, they know exactly what they are doing.

They must have hit their quota in regards of bonuses or something, the promo they've got up for Tuesday is nowhere near as good as what they've dished up for the past 3 Saturdays

Double you stake back in bonus bets for races 1 & 2 only at Flemington on Tuesday

Hopefully someone here gets up on their 101-1 pick, I read a thing on Facebook where apparently they will be paying out that 101-1 as bonus cash, I highly doubt they'd do that and it hasn't been officially confirmed but if that's what they do and the fav wins (of which I assume lots of people are on), the backlash will be enough to ruin their brand

Not my screenshot but I tell you what, that IS unprecedented

You would have to be a real mug to take them up on that

Is anyone placing some money on a horse to win today in the Melbourne cup? I got my money on Knights order

I know even less about this years field than I normally do, throw some names at me.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Matheos
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • Culhwch
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • HarryAllan7
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.