BHQ Player of Round 10

Who is your player of Round 10? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Pick your three best players from Friday's match against Parramatta Eels and discuss below. You can change your mind until the poll closes in 48 hours.

Cobbo: Does some really tough carries, and that put down was nice.
Hass: that 2nd stint was good - love the offloads too.
Walsh: Much more controlled performance. Picked his moments well.

Ezra, Rogers, Smoothy. All consistently solid all game. Dont think i can give it to any of the other forwards really as they got owned in the first half.

3. Haas - For his 2nd stint. He told Patty to have a breather and came alive in a big way
2. Carrigan - Poor bugger looks spent, but FMD is he brave. Gave him the 2 mostly out of principle. Desperately needs a rest
1. Mariner - for that Jharal style try and being solid all night. The strip try was frustrating and unfortunate.

Mam - was the one being a point of difference in that first half.
Payne’s second stint. Welcome back lad.
Smoothy - thought the minute he went on we looked a bit sharper and he kept it up all game.

Hard to not give a point to Patty, Riki, X, Selwyn and Staggs……….

Riki is a f**king machine. His stats speak for itself.
Carrigan as always, as tired he looks he’s always give 100%.
Mam, we looked rough there and he suddenly makes something out of nothing.

Haas had an awesome second half, which I was so happy to see

Riki is a f**king machine. His stats speak for itself.
Carrigan as always, as tired he looks he’s always give 100%.
Mam, we looked rough there and he suddenly makes something out of nothing.

Haas had an awesome second half, which I was so happy to see
Agreed - we were garbage in defense tonight - but there were bright beacons of hope. Rikki saved one certainly, likely two. Xman defended well and in attack - looking dangerous every carry. Hat's off to Ezra though, tonight was his. He was involved in a couple of ugly steps by their fullback but I think that was partly on Piakura not sliding so hard to mark him too harshly there. That and he put great shots on again tonight. Seems to love absolutely smashing the inexperienced fullbacks lol.

Mam
Haas
Smoothy.

Mam is really maturing as a footballer.
Haas was the difference in the second half
Smoothy got through a lot of defence and guided the team up the field well. A 70 minute stint too

Isn't it strange, easy to be critical, particularly of that first half, but individually, a lot of players got it right tonight. Sometimes not for a full 80, but more right than wrong.

Weird game. Good to see Smoothy getting his props. He’s a really solid first grade hooker.

Just missed out on my vote though.

Mam, Haas, Willison.

Xavier is such a freak. Looks like one of the best forwards on the field every week and only handful of games in. Keep saying it but the kid is going to be a superstar.

3. Mam - Was in everything tonight... let in that try Talagi, but other than that he was great
2. Walsh - He was a little rocks and diamonds, but stayed mostly calm... and I love some of those runs he was making back through the middle
1. Willison - he brought the energy to our forward pack in the first half and some of his defensive efforts created tries

Really wanted to give Smoothy a point because he had to play extended minutes and I think he done got through it really well

Payne was good in his second stint, but we really needed him in the first half and he was pretty quiet.
Patty unlucky as well, but he looks absolutely buggered at the moment and it might've caught up to him a little bit tonight... haven't checked the stats, but he's probably put up +150m just to prove me wrong

Ezra, Rogers, Smoothy. All consistently solid all game. Dont think i can give it to any of the other forwards really as they got owned in the first half.
Mam
Riki
Smoothy for me

and Willison/Hetherington bench deserves a point. Massive contact in defence off the bench!

3 - Willison - turned the game when he came on
2 - Mam - if Munster wasn't around, he'd already be Qld number 6
1 - Mariner - he looked good tonight, some good carries and when he gets space, its all over - needs to work on his timing on sweep plays because his speed often makes him too early

1 Rki, thought he had a top game.
2 Mam bar one mistake was great.
3 Willison brought a lot of power from the bench.

Thought Haas was much better 2nd stint, although would love to have seen him go for the line instead of trying to find Oates.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.