BHQ Player of Round Eight

Who is your player of round eight? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good team performance every player except 3 has got points so far

Possibly the toughest game to have to only come up with three players. Reynolds is the clear standout, but after that it could go 13 different ways. Staggs probably deserves the next spot, but then Jensen, Haas, Capewell, Flegler, Kennedy and Riki deserve a look in as do Hetherington, Cobbo and definitely Oates For third place.

Reynolds
Staggs
Jensen

This team now knows what effort is required to win.
Perhaps the penny has finally dropped for them?

I gave Hetherington my 3 points. His defence was quality all night, and as most people are in agreement we won last night becuase of our defence. Cory pulled off a couple of legal rib-ticklers and showed how it's done in this new era. Some of his quick PTBs were also great to watch. How he manages to find his front and get up with three players hanging onto him is an art.

I Gave Reyno 2 for keeping the ref as straight as possible. I found it laughable when at one point in the game Reynolds asked the ref "can they do that?" Klien stalled and played for time I think partly because he was not sure of the rule and partly because he was not quite sure what had just happened. So he stalled Adam and withheld the answer to his question. When there was no answer forthcoming Adam then said "OK we want to challenge that" and Klien went - "too late your 10 second window has passed".

Why the bunker couldn't rule on it is again baffling as they rule on everything else.

I gave Hetherington my 3 points. His defence was quality all night, and as most people are in agreement we won last night becuase of our defence. Cory pulled off a couple of legal rib-ticklers and showed how it's done in this new era. Some of his quick PTBs were also great to watch. How he manages to find his front and get up with three players hanging onto him is an art.

I Gave Reyno 2 for keeping the ref as straight as possible. I found it laughable when at one point in the game Reynolds asked the ref "can they do that?" Klien stalled and played for time I think partly because he was not sure of the rule and partly because he was not quite sure what had just happened. So he stalled Adam and withheld the answer to his question. When there was no answer forthcoming Adam then said "OK we want to challenge that" and Klien went - "too late your 10 second window has passed".

Why the bunker couldn't rule on it is again baffling as they rule on everything else.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the integrity unit eventually rules on things in games as they are practically infallible and omniscient now.

By popular request, Herbie in the outfit you asked for:

BHQ is a lot of people spending a lot of time obsessing over young men, I’m starting to wonder how much of it is sexually based? I’m okay with it, I’d just like to know if that is what we’re doing here.

I’m starting to get a feeling it’s like that tickling contest that seemed like an above the board silly sport but was actually just some predatory old man who got off on watching young guys roll around with each other.

BHQ is a lot of people spending a lot of time obsessing over young men, I’m starting to wonder how much of it is sexually based? I’m okay with it, I’d just like to know if that is what we’re doing here.

I’m starting to get a feeling it’s like that tickling contest that seemed like an above the board silly sport but was actually just some predatory old man who got off on watching young guys roll around with each other.
I'm sure Herbie has some fans who aren't degenerates. Anything's possible.

Renouf:

“I would look at Selwyn for State of Origin. If he keeps playing like he is, I would give him a go. He is a machine and he is already one of the best emerging wingers in the NRL. You have to understand there are little things he does that make him so special."​
“I agree he is still raw but some of the efforts he puts in around bringing the ball out of the in-goal are impressive. He does those little things and that is built in him, he makes those efforts and backs himself."​
“He wouldn’t be overawed by Origin. This is his breakthrough year and I think he has the size and the strength to handle Origin. His composure for a young guy has blown me away."​
“I have been doing some mentoring with Selwyn and one thing I like is if he makes an error, he doesn’t drop his bundle. He stood up to Josh Addo-Carr last week and that tells me that he could step up at Origin level.”​

Renouf:

“I would look at Selwyn for State of Origin. If he keeps playing like he is, I would give him a go. He is a machine and he is already one of the best emerging wingers in the NRL. You have to understand there are little things he does that make him so special."​
“I agree he is still raw but some of the efforts he puts in around bringing the ball out of the in-goal are impressive. He does those little things and that is built in him, he makes those efforts and backs himself."​
“He wouldn’t be overawed by Origin. This is his breakthrough year and I think he has the size and the strength to handle Origin. His composure for a young guy has blown me away."​
“I have been doing some mentoring with Selwyn and one thing I like is if he makes an error, he doesn’t drop his bundle. He stood up to Josh Addo-Carr last week and that tells me that he could step up at Origin level.”​
Hard pass. Bloke has talent, let it develop. Let's not do a NSW and break young talent early.

Jensen
Kennedy
Flegler

Tough week this week because so many guys played good games so it was hard to split them so I'm going 3 somewhat 'quiet acheivers'

Agree with this 100% None of the flash and dash can happen without a great middle and our forwards did a great job out there

What the **** are you smoking....??

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

What the **** are you smoking....??

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF
Mate, between McHunt endlessly posting and commenting on players lack of clothing; to Wolfie objectifying Patty, and Huge’s obsession with Kennedy and Isaako - I am starting to wonder what it is I’m actually apart of on here lol

Mate, between McHunt endlessly posting and commenting on players lack of clothing; to Wolfie objectifying Patty, and Huge’s obsession with Kennedy and Isaako - I am starting to wonder what it is I’m actually apart of on here lol
Nothing to worry yourself about. You're just "dipping your toe in" so to speak:

Floats are cool but it's weird when your balls are floating alongside you.

As Jordan says "Might see you there..."

You can hang out with all the boys:

well the one at Lutwyche closed a while back so yeah I guess i'll be on the lookout. maybe i'll slap some balls together with the lads (I'm just trying to add to @theshed 's crisis)

Speaking of Riki, I think he’s still injured with the ribs but he’s stepping up more and more. Not in the conversation for best player of the week but he has been scrambling really well and even threatened with a few lines last night.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  • bb_gun
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.