VOTE BHQ Player of Round One

Who is your player of Round One? (Pick 2)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From a purely statistical standpoint isaako’s numbers were not good enough for a fullback in today’s game. 10 runs for 70odd meters.

I’m not sure how I feel about Turpin last night. He showed incredible heart like always, and his defence was unreal but some of his service was terrible and he often struggled to link smoothly with his halves (hence Milford’s spray), and I thought he could’ve picked his moments better to run or kick.

overall a good game but a lot to work on.
Have to disagree there mate, he was threatening 40-20 on some of his kicks. He'll have more than Milf and Croft by season end.
He has the forwards hitting the advantage line with his front ball. Dont hold him against that one off pass to Milford.
80min tackle machine, cuttin down the likes of juggernauts Paulo, RCG and Brown in succession. Dont think if i've ever seen a Broncos hooker do that for a while.

Have to disagree there mate, he was threatening 40-20 on some of his kicks. He'll have more than Milf and Croft by season end.
He has the forwards hitting the advantage line with his front ball. Dont hold him against that one off pass to Milford.
80min tackle machine, cuttin down the likes of juggernauts Paulo, RCG and Brown in succession. Dont think if i've ever seen a Broncos hooker do that for a while.
Don’t get me wrong, he was incredible. I just think his service was shady at times to both the halves and the forwards. Sure some of that can be blamed to other players not being organised or where they’re meant to be and making Turpin have to find them before passing but there’s something to work on there.

I thought he was good.

So here's something interesting: no votes for Brodie Croft. I thought he did enough to keep his place, and Dearden out of the side for now. But I bet if Dearden had played he'd be leading, or close to leading, the poll. At least that's how he ranked towards the end of last season. Lest we forget.

If I were Kevvie, I wouldn't be frigging around with the side for the next few weeks until everyone settles in. I didn't think anyone deserved outright dropping based on last night's performance alone.

Last edited:
So here's something interesting: no votes for Brodie Croft. I thought he did enough to keep his place, and Dearden out of the side for now. But I bet if Dearden had played he'd be leading, or close to leading, the poll. At least that's how he ranked towards the end of last season. Lest we forget.

If I were Kevvie, I wouldn't be frigging around with the side for the next few weeks until everyone settles in. I didn't think anyone deserved outright dropping based on last night's performance alone.

I don't necessarily think it is because Croft's efforts weren't appreciated per se, he just clearly wasn't in the top two last night.

Turpin was our best on field by a long way. Stayed in it for the full 80 despite being out on his feet late, kept giving us good service from dummy half and tackled with intent. God help us if he is injured at any point but he is already a massive breath of fresh air in the ruck after 10+ years of McC.

Turpin was our best on field by a long way. Stayed in it for the full 80 despite being out on his feet late, kept giving us good service from dummy half and tackled with intent. God help us if he is injured at any point but he is already a massive breath of fresh air in the ruck after 10+ years of McC.
Yea he was great, but i started sweating every time he started making back to back to back tackles on dudes twice his size.
He is another injury waiting to happen, same as Coates and his unnecessary headfirst dives.

I actually gave him one then changed it to Milford. He was close in my books.

I've been Turpin's harshest critic, not because I don't like the way he plays, but because his performances haven't been that much better than McCullough and he gets waaaay too much credit on this forum, just for not being Macca.

However, last night he was epic and he made a few poor decisions and really needs to improve his kicking game, but it was a very promising performance.

I gave my two votes to Turpin & Farnsworth.

I’m not worried about the bombed try, I think maybe he went to pass then dropped it so turned it into a grubber.

Last edited:
I've been Turpin's harshest critic, not because I don't like the way he plays, but because his performances haven't been that much better than McCullough and he gets waaaay too much credit on this forum, just for not being Macca.

However, last night he was epic and he made a few poor decisions and really needs to improve his kicking game, but it was a very promising performance.

I gave my two votes to Turpin & Farnsworth.

The issue for Turps is to back it up week in, week out.

Let's hope he does, because if he doesn't Paix isn't ready for the fulltime role.
Let's hope he does, because if he doesn't Paix isn't ready for the fulltime role.

I think if Turps is even 80% of that most weeks though, he'll be good. The problem is, he is inconsistent but also a bit of an injury magnet. That was an excellent start to the season though last night.

Croft absolutely did enough to keep the 7 for next week, it just wasn't a top 2 or 3 on ground performance. Which is fine, id rather that Croft all year with slight improvements and a couple higher rated performances than what he dished up last year.

Croft absolutely did enough to keep the 7 for next week, it just wasn't a top 2 or 3 on ground performance. Which is fine, id rather that Croft all year with slight improvements and a couple higher rated performances than what he dished up last year.
Also was better than anything we’ve seen from Tom.

dick fingers aside

we could only nominate 2 players ... he would have got a few 3rd place votes

Last edited:
we coulc only nominate 2 players ... he would have got a few 3rd place votes
Good point. Unless anyone can think of an objection, I might make it three in future. It will make a difference in the long run.

Last edited:
I went with TPJ and Milf, but Mead, Turpin and Herbie also deserve praise.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Lurker
  • Rambstien
  • Fatboy
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Big Del
  • Battler
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • Financeguy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.