VOTE BHQ Player of Round One

Who is your player of Round One? (Pick 2)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Croft was okay, made to look better by Asiata but Herbie and Turpin where the clear standouts here.

Turpin and Farnsworth for me. Honourable mentions to Milford (first half and nearly won us the game with that late break) Mead and TPJ.

Other than that, I didn’t think many of our forwards had a great night. Obviously 2 went down injured, but we need more from Carrigan, Glenn and Riki if we are going to compete...

Croft I’ve gone on about. Do not rate at all and the sooner Dearden is in a better performing team for a decent stint, the better for the team and the better for him. Will allow everyone to see if he really is a long term prospect for us or just another hyped kid who doesn’t pan out.

Last edited:
Locky chose to give 1 point to Milf for Dally M voting (3 going to Paulo and 2 to Mahoney).

The great man knows what's up

Last edited:
Locky chose to give 1 point to Milf for Dally M voting (3 going to Paulo and 2 to Mahoney).

The great man knows what's up
As much as I loved and respected him as a player, recent history would certainly suggest that most of what Lockyer thinks is good is likely to be an utter train wreck.

As much as I loved and respected him as a player, recent history would certainly suggest that most of what Lockyer thinks is good is likely to be an utter train wreck.
One of the best 6's of all time said our 6 was our best player on the park - I mean he's not alone lots of people in here have said he was good.

There appears to be a bit of a hoo-ha going on about Lockyer being a judge due to his paid involvement with the Broncos. Abdo's been called in to comment over nothing:

“I don’t for a second doubt Darren’s integrity and he’s been doing this for a number of years for us. We are in a process of doing a review around the awards more broadly and it hasn’t been completed. There is some work being done on who can be represented on the panel. We need to look into it because perception is sometimes also really important."

“Whilst I don’t have any concerns about Darren’s objectivity or integrity, perhaps we need to make sure we are protecting everyone and there can never be doubt around perception. We will look at the eligibility requirements to protect everyone.”

Lockyer responded:

“When asked to vote on games I watch the game and give my votes based entirely on what I see. Who’s playing has no influence on my votes whatsoever.”

McHunt

There appears to be a bit of a hoo-ha going on about Lockyer being a judge due to his paid involvement with the Broncos. Abdo's been called in to comment over nothing:

“I don’t for a second doubt Darren’s integrity and he’s been doing this for a number of years for us. We are in a process of doing a review around the awards more broadly and it hasn’t been completed. There is some work being done on who can be represented on the panel. We need to look into it because perception is sometimes also really important."

“Whilst I don’t have any concerns about Darren’s objectivity or integrity, perhaps we need to make sure we are protecting everyone and there can never be doubt around perception. We will look at the eligibility requirements to protect everyone.”

Lockyer responded:

“When asked to vote on games I watch the game and give my votes based entirely on what I see. Who’s playing has no influence on my votes whatsoever.”

McHunt

I don't see any controversy over Luke Lewis being a judge for the Sharks match ... and he bloody played for them

I don't see any controversy over Luke Lewis being a judge for the Sharks match ... and he bloody played for them
Tbh, I'm a little bit in awe of commentators - almost all ex-players - who can watch a game involving one of their clubs and maintain any level of impartiality. It's quite hard to follow both sides in a match, which is why fans invariably believe the refs are always cheating and biased against their team. I don't know whether it's cognitive dissonance or being completely one-eyed. Maybe both. An interesting excercise is to go check the other team's board the day after a match and see them complaining about the refs being biased against them.

Last edited:
Tbh, I'm a little bit in awe of commentators, who are almost all ex-players, who can watch a game involving one of their clubs and maintain any level of impartiality. It's quite hard to follow both sides in a match, which is why fans invariably believe the refs are always cheating and biased against their team. I don't know whether it's cognitive dissonance or being completely one-eyed. Maybe both. An interesting excercise is to go check the other team's board the day after a match and see them complaining about the refs being biased against them.
Every week 8 teams forums complain about being dudded by the refs.

Every week 8 teams forums complain about being dudded by the refs.
I have to say as Broncos supporters, we are the most entitled. When shockers go our way, we say it's evening the playing field. We get sooky when any of our players talk to another club, but expect to cherrypick the best players from every other team, even when they're under contract. 99/100 of us expect Harry Grant to down tools and turn up here next year. **** any contract he might have. Because being invited to play for the Broncos is the highest honour in rugby league.

Not that I can fault any of that.

Last edited:
One of the best 6's of all time said our 6 was our best player on the park - I mean he's not alone lots of people in here have said he was good.
Don't forget to cup your farts.

Lockyer has been a disaster for the club since his retirement. His recruitment has been a joke, and if he is literally anybody else on the planet he would have been sacked several times over. It's time for him to focus on his business interests elsewhere.

in case you weren't at the game last night, this was voted on by the people in attendance. they gave you a 4 players to choose from and a number to text in, should you want to vote.

the options were: Carrigan, Isaako, TPJ, i forget who the 4th player was...

TPJ had an early lead, but they had the voting on the big screen while they attended to Asiata and you could see TPJ's numbers drop and Isaako gain ground
Not only that, but they put the options up just around 2nd half kick off which was weird.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Foordy
  • MrMoore
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • TimWhatley
  • cento
  • The Don
  • Shane Tronc
  • Evander
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Battler
  • Financeguy
  • Fatboy
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • jarro65
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.