VOTE BHQ Player of Round One

Who is your player of Round One? (Pick 2)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Pick your two best players from Friday Night's match against the Parramatta Eels and discuss below.

I'll be doing this each week and compiling the results like our own Dally M.

Last edited:
Farnworth and Turpin, Mead and Croft an honourable mention.

Farnworth played like an elite centre until Coates went off and then played like an elite winger after. I just wish he held that intercept, it was there for the taking. He reminded me of Manu a lot last night.

Turpin was an elite hooker last night, that was a stunning game. He was out on his feet but just kept coming. The trick for him is to back it up week in, week out but on its own, last night was top shelf.

Last edited:
I’m not sure how I feel about Turpin last night. He showed incredible heart like always, and his defence was unreal but some of his service was terrible and he often struggled to link smoothly with his halves (hence Milford’s spray), and I thought he could’ve picked his moments better to run or kick.

overall a good game but a lot to work on.

Your mileage may vary:

I mean, if you compare him to last week he was very good but he didn’t do much really.

Miflord probably wins it due to his first half but his 30 minute Chris Sandow impression when we needed him to play smart takes a lot away from him tbh. We were showing resilience and slowly clawing our way back in it and I felt that he needed to be patient and keep kicking it to the corners. Maybe we score maybe we don’t but we were never gonna win with his panicked 5th tackle options.

I voted Herbie because he was brilliant the full 80 in 2 different positions. Didn’t have the highs of Milf, Turps, or Coates but was consistent the whole game.

Mead was great too but his knock on and ineffective try stopping tackle takes him out of the MOTM discussion

Last edited:
Your mileage may vary:

in case you weren't at the game last night, this was voted on by the people in attendance. they gave you a 4 players to choose from and a number to text in, should you want to vote.

the options were: Carrigan, Isaako, TPJ, i forget who the 4th player was...

TPJ had an early lead, but they had the voting on the big screen while they attended to Asiata and you could see TPJ's numbers drop and Isaako gain ground

Last edited:
Just on Mead....his dropped ball that kinda opened the door for Parra, is unfortunately David Mead's career all over.

He can look very good.....but then he'll do something that will **** you right in the arse. He's done that his entire career.

I voted for Turpin and Farnworth.

Milford was terrific in the first half, but his abysmal kicking in the 2nd half - especially the selfish chip-and-chase attempt while we were under the pump - pushed him down to 3rd for me.

I voted for Turpin and Farnworth.

Milford was terrific in the first half, but his abysmal kicking in the 2nd half - especially the selfish chip-and-chase attempt while we were under the pump - pushed him down to 3rd for me.
Yeh that chip and chase was a poor attempt to milk a penalty and was never on. All it did was give them the ball in in an attacking position.

Turpin for showing some defence I've been wanting to see from the Broncos for over a year and Farnworth for looking like a genuine classy centre and then a good winger too. Mead and Milford were good too.

Turpin for showing some defence I've been wanting to see from the Broncos for over a year and Farnworth for looking like a genuine classy centre and then a good winger too. Mead and Milford were good too.
NRL really need to reward one man legs tackles. These are old school bread and butter tackles but theres no reward in the modern game because you have to let them straight up. They should be called dominant and the attacker should be made to wait three seconds or so before playing the ball. Or count them as two tackles - something.

Milf by the length of Lang Park.
If it wasn’t for a case of dick fingers by Croft milf collects his third try assist and the broncs 2 points.

croft was far far better than last year overall though.

I mean, if you compare him to last week he was very good but he didn’t do much really.
I think criticism of Isaako is a bit harsh.

He was everywhere at the back covering sideline to sideline.... knocking Sivo into touch, getting first contact on Fergo (albeit unsuccessfully), positioning on kicks, cleaning up dangerous grubbers, etc.

I dont really recall a time when he wasnt in position... it takes a lot of fitness to do what he was able to do in defence last night.

Even on his kick returns there was one in the second half where he was a boot lace tackle away from busting the defensive line

Potentially he can pick up his game offensively, but I think having a solid foundation defensively is more important at this stage and dont think he did anything glaringly wrong last night

Last edited:

He was everywhere at the back covering sideline to sideline.... knocking Sivo into touch, getting first contact on Fergo (albeit unsuccessfully), positioning on kicks, cleaning up dangerous grubbers, etc.

I dont really recall a time when he wasnt in position... it takes a lot of fitness to do what he was able to do in defence last night.

Even on his kick returns there was one in the second half where he was a boot lace tackle away from busting the defensive line

Potentially he can pick up his game offensively, but I think having a solid foundation defensively is more important at this stage and dont think he did anything glaringly wrong last night

Agree 100%

I was one of his harsher critics and, for the reasons you give, I felt Isaako was excellent. Definitely worth keeping at the back. I also like him coming up into the line a lot more than he used to. Good signs.

I definitely don’t think he was bad. He was fair more consistent than last week and if he plays like that all season he probably deserves to keep the 1 for now.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  • cento
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.