BHQ Player of Round One

Who is your player of Round One? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said it in the post game thread, i dont think we a standout. Really hard to pick 3. but i think i'd go for

Reynolds
Staggs
Oates. Even though Oatsey dropped a couple, he was taking some massive, tough runs towards the end when we were under big pressure.

Reynolds was a standout for mine but toss a coin for the rest I think. I went Reynolds, Hass and Carrigan. As good as Oates was for most of the game he had to lose some points for some crucial errors. Thankfully didn't cost us

Reynolds and Mam 1/2 for me. Really hard to pick #3 , went with Arthars for his safety under those high balls.

Reynolds and Haas both were the standouts, we just take for granted what Haas does. But 207m in the wet in such large minutes and 27 tackles with no misses was massive, he also stiffened the middle right up when he came back on.

It is pleasing when it is a tough decision because we played well instead of being tough because everyone sucked.

ARey was the standout for me. he was all class and his kicking game was exceptional given the conditions.

the other two positions are a harder decision.

Arthars wasn't sighted too much in attack, but was safe as a house under the high ball and defused several dangerous situations

Cobbo did plenty of work actually running for 193m. made several try savers, but also made several errors.

Haas and Carrigan were their usual epic selves. making 201m and 151m respectfully. Carrigan also added 52 tackles to his tally for just a single miss

Herbie scored two tries and was busy in attack

Mam was a constant danger with the ball in hand and made several bell ringer tackles.

Oates made a whopping 221m (second only to Dylan Edwards), but also made a couple of crucial errors late in the game.

hmmm, tough one, but i'll go with:

ARey
Patty
Arthars

Reynolds is my man of the match because of the calm, collected direction and precise kicking game he provided to the side especially in the second half. Haas and Carrigan were enormous for us in the forwards and definitely helped Reynolds to do that so they are my next two.

We haven't been this spoilt for choice in years.

Not discounting great efforts from lot of players, without Reynolds we lose that. MVP for mine.

According to the NRL’s new totally ‘transparent’ voting system, Haas and Edwards were the stars. Reynolds didn’t even rate a mention.

According to the NRL’s new totally ‘transparent’ voting system, Haas and Edwards were the stars. Reynolds didn’t even rate a mention.
They ran the most metres, I guess.

They ran the most metres, I guess.

You would assume the judges would watch the game though right? There’s no way Reynolds couldn’t even got one vote by anyone who watched it.

from NRL.com

Payne Haas - 4 points; Dylan Edwards - 4 points; Adam Reynolds - 3 points; Patrick Carrigan - 1 point.

Voting is closed and with a total of 62 votes (82.7%), BHQ's Man of the Match for Round 1 is Adam Reynolds.

NRL2023BHQMOTMRound1

Payne Haas coming second with 47 votes (62.7%), and Patrick Carrigan coming third with 28 votes (37.3%).

LEADERBOARD AFTER ROUND 1

1. Adam Reynolds62
2. Payne Haas47
3. Patrick Carrigan28
4. Herbie Farnworth27
5. Ezra Mam24
6. Jesse Arthars6
7. Kotoni Staggs5
8. Jordan Riki4
9. Selwyn Cobbo3
10. Billy Walters2
11. Corey Oates2
12. Corey Jensen1
13. Cory Paix1
14. Kurt Capewell1
15. Martin Taupau1
16. Keenan Palasia0
17. Thomas Flegler0

Can we organise some kind of trophy to give to the player that wins at the end of the season?

Like, not one of those trophies you get in U/10s, but I don't know, something a little more unique. For instance, take a maroon footy boot, or paint a white footy boot maroon, and award them 'The Maroon Boot' mounted to a little timber stand with an engraving. I'm sure someone can come up with a better idea than that, but it's just a starting point. I'd be happy to chip in, or fund the whole thing.

I think it would be cool to start something like that, and do it every year. Surely the player in question would appreciate being recognised by the fans - sure, it's not $1k and a Maccas voucher, but it's far more meaningful.

Can we organise some kind of trophy to give to the player that wins at the end of the season?

Like, not one of those trophies you get in U/10s, but I don't know, something a little more unique. For instance, take a maroon footy boot, or paint a white footy boot maroon, and award them 'The Maroon Boot' mounted to a little timber stand with an engraving. I'm sure someone can come up with a better idea than that, but it's just a starting point. I'd be happy to chip in, or fund the whole thing.

I think it would be cool to start something like that, and do it every year. Surely the player in question would appreciate being recognised by the fans - sure, it's not $1k and a Maccas, voucher, but it's far more meaningful.
id be happy to kick in a lobster

Active Now

• Dash
  • Culhwch
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • achievedrap
  • bert_lifts
  • Spoon
  • BroncosMan
  • Strop
  • lynx000
  • Evander
  • kman
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mustafur
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fatboy
  • Broncorob
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.