BHQ Player of Round Seven

Who is your player of Round Seven? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Farnworth - Generated all of the space and momentum for Reynolds
Looking at the highlights: which try should we look at to understand where you're coming from? And no one say Dufty's.

You don’t really realise how bad some players are until a 5/8 who hasn’t played in 3 years reminds you what a pass mark is for an NRL fullback
Unfortunately yes. It was a perfectly average fullback performance from TMM last night. He wasn't great. But he was good enough. We've been down so long that looked like up to us.

Unfortunately yes. It was a perfectly average fullback performance from TMM last night. He wasn't great. But he was good enough. We've been down so long that looked like up to us.
Thanks McDrake. It was an impressive performance considering his circumstances and if he continues to play like that then it’ll do. Far better than Niu or Isaako. Hopefully he can build on it.

Thanks McDrake. It was an impressive performance considering his circumstances and if he continues to play like that then it’ll do. Far better than Niu or Isaako. Hopefully he can build on it.
Yes definitely. He got my vote. But he only gets the benefit of the "considering his circumstances" card for a couple of games and then he gets judged on whether he can win us a premiership from back there.

Let's exchange thoughts after the Sharks have analyzed the tape and set out to target his weaknesses. Kev didn't give a whole lot away in that press conference but I gather he hasn't been training in the reserves at fullback.

But his character and his personality certainly suit that style of person that he is.

was just refreshing to have a ball player at 1,the threat of a pass or show and go makes a hell of a difference

Looking at the highlights: which try should we look at to understand where you're coming from? And no one say Dufty's.

If you're just looking at the highlights you're doing it wrong. It was the plays leading up to the points where Herbie would break 3-4 tackles and have their defensive line all messed up and bunched on that side.

If you're just looking at the highlights you're doing it wrong. It was the plays leading up to the points where Herbie would break 3-4 tackles and have their defensive line all messed up and bunched on that side.
He sure works in mysterious ways. I can understand the worship now.

2-3 of our tries came directly after a quick play the ball from Kennedy. It does show whilst struggling for PCMs with players hanging onto you can be good, on many occasions a quick play the ball is better.

Impressively showing that we actually had a decent team effort rather than relying on one player (haas)…is that haas made 250+ metres, yet is only ranking fifth for the player of round stats. It seemed he was top 1 or 2 every game in 2021.

Impressively showing that we actually had a decent team effort rather than relying on one player (haas)…is that haas made 250+ metres, yet is only ranking fifth for the player of round stats. It seemed he was top 1 or 2 every game in 2021.
I think that's because people on here just expect that from him. If that was anybody else, they would be featuring in every single persons top 3.

3 - Reynolds
2 - Haas
1 - Oates

2-3 of our tries came directly after a quick play the ball from Kennedy. It does show whilst struggling for PCMs with players hanging onto you can be good, on many occasions a quick play the ball is better.
We were behind on the scoreboard when Kennedy came on for the last 19 minutes of the match. He provided the go forward for the next three tries and after 90 metres in 19 minutes he was still running hard to be in position to call for the kick from Cobbo who delivered one made to order. A+ game.

We were behind on the scoreboard when Kennedy came on for the last 19 minutes of the match. He provided the go forward for the next three tries and after 90 metres in 19 minutes he was still running hard to be in position to call for the kick from Cobbo who delivered one made to order. A+ game.
If he can repeat his good effort for the next few weeks the club might have a change of heart and offer him a new deal.

Safe to say Reynolds is winning for the second week in a row.

If he can repeat his good effort for the next few weeks the club might have a change of heart and offer him a new deal.

I think they would if he can back up that kind of performance. Thats the problem for a lot of our players. They have a good game, then fail to keep backing it up.

I think they would if he can back up that kind of performance. Thats the problem for a lot of our players. They have a good game, then fail to keep backing it up.
Wolfie, last week there was criticism but because the rest of the team went only fairly RKs game was called putrid but truthfully, it was solid as a rock. In fact all three times he's played this season he's been making metres, making tackles and had very few errors.

That's 2 weeks in a row he's made 90 from the bench but last week he did more tough work with 32 from 34 tackles whereas this week he only had to make 7. He put in last week and is showing consistency. The difference in people's perception of a players game is heavily influenced by the result of the game. RK didn't have a poor game last week .

Also, ftr he's 2 wins and 1 loss from 3 starts. Good luck charm

Wolfie, last week there was criticism but because the rest of the team went only fairly RKs game was called putrid but truthfully, it was solid as a rock. In fact all three times he's played this season he's been making metres, making tackles and had very few errors.

That's 2 weeks in a row he's made 90 from the bench but last week he did more tough work with 32 from 34 tackles whereas this week he only had to make 7. He put in last week and is showing consistency. The difference in people's perception of a players game is heavily influenced by the result of the game. RK didn't have a poor game last week .

Also, ftr he's 2 wins and 1 loss from 3 starts. Good luck charm

I say it as i see it. I put him in my best 3 players this week. Still think he was poor last week same as the whole bench ( and most of the team as well ). No impact. This week they came on and had impact. That to me clearly shows the difference in their performances. Bench players either need to come on and keep things ticking over if you are playing well, or change the game if you are playing poorly. They did neither last week, this week they did. Bit of an exaggeration to say RK was called putrid as well.

Its not all about the stats anyway as they can be incredibly deceiving at times because there are things you just cant measure and you dont get context with them. For example, look at that dominant performance TPJ had against the Cowboys a few years ago. He was immense, his stats werent.

I say it as i see it. I put him in my best 3 players this week. Still think he was poor last week same as the whole bench ( and most of the team as well ). No impact. This week they came on and had impact. That to me clearly shows the difference in their performances. Bench players either need to come on and keep things ticking over if you are playing well, or change the game if you are playing poorly. They did neither last week, this week they did. Bit of an exaggeration to say RK was called putrid as well.

Its not all about the stats anyway as they can be incredibly deceiving at times because there are things you just cant measure and you dont get context with them. For example, look at that dominant performance TPJ had against the Cowboys a few years ago. He was immense, his stats werent.
Look, I do agree stats are only part of things but I cannot for the life of me understand your view that bench props are supposed to be 'impact players'. That's not what anyone thinks Kennedy is!! He's what he is and that's the 'no nonsense, straight up the guts make metres when you're thrown the ball' type of player.

He's never been seen, nor might I add been expected to change the game. He's there to grind it out and keep momentum going and even though you don't believe it that's exactly what he did in last week's loss. We went forward when he came on. Last week our 11, 12, 13 let us down. Oh, and his fellow benchies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • bb_gun
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.