BHQ Player of Round Seven

Who is your player of Round Seven? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think its more to do with the fact he played above expectations.
He was solid as a rock considering how long he has been out, and the circumstances that lead to his time away from footy, and to come back and be reliable and relatively error free is no joke.

Compare him to the others we have had at fullback, who have not had time off and performed worse and the votes are 100% warranted.
I am sure there is an element of sympathy involved, but not even close to 100% as you claim.
You just proved my general point though, he wasn't in the top 3. Don't call it sympathy if you don't want to, but he was given votes as a feel good, or because he did better than previous fullbacks. Either way, he wasn't close to our best, he was solid.

Off the top of my head, Reynolds, Haas, Oates, Cobbo, Herbie and Paix were all comfortably better.

Who cares man, this award is like the Dally M, it doesn't mean anything. If people want to vote for TMM, go for it! It is their opinion and they are entitled to it.

Who cares man, this award is like the Dally M, it doesn't mean anything. If people want to vote for TMM, go for it! It is their opinion and they are entitled to it.
So why not make the thread a vote only, and not allow discussion?

It's a thread to discuss, and I stated why I think people made their vote. I don't believe I said anyone shouldn't be allowed to vote how they want, I just pointed it out.

So why not make the thread a vote only, and not allow discussion?

It's a thread to discuss, and I stated why I think people made their vote. I don't believe I said anyone shouldn't be allowed to vote how they want, I just pointed it out.

Sure and if we are being serious, the player of the round, like almost every round, is Payne Haas, his work rate despite a bung shoulder was jaw dropping. This is really hard to argue, although Reynolds did really well for 25 minutes. But where is the fun in that?

Sure and if we are being serious, the player of the round, like almost every round, is Payne Haas, his work rate despite a bung shoulder was jaw dropping. This is really hard to argue, although Reynolds did really well for 25 minutes. But where is the fun in that?
Agreed most weeks.

Where's the fun in me not pointing out TMM got sympathy votes?

Agreed most weeks.

Where's the fun in me not pointing out TMM got sympathy votes?

Because TMM was decent, it just comes down to opinion. I have no problem with him being in discussions purely based on performance. He pulled out two GREAT try savers and was in a lot of good things the whole game, even the first 55 minutes when the team (as a team) sucked. TMM is rightly in the conversation for player of the week, not just because of 'sympathy votes'.

Because TMM was decent, it just comes down to opinion. I have no problem with him being in discussions purely based on performance. He pulled out two GREAT try savers and was in a lot of good things the whole game, even the first 55 minutes when the team (as a team) sucked. TMM is rightly in the conversation for player of the week, not just because of 'sympathy votes'.
Yeah his goal line D was good to see, really liked his effort there, so it wasn't 'just' sympathy/feel good, but that played a big part.

I voted for Te Maire Martin. I found his involvement and energy really helped the team throughout the entire game. He chimed in from the back as another half and that's something we haven't seen done well for a long time. Also didn't do anything wrong for the entire game.

Definitely deserves to be in the conversation. It's kind of odd that someone thinks they can tell 39 people exactly what they're thinking.

I voted for Te Maire Martin. I found his involvement and energy really helped the team throughout the entire game. He chimed in from the back as another half and that's something we haven't seen done well for a long time. Also didn't do anything wrong for the entire game.

Definitely deserves to be in the conversation. It's kind of odd that someone thinks they can tell 39 people exactly what they're thinking.
I'm not telling you what you're thinking. I'm telling you WHY you're thinking it.

TMM got my vote as well, he was more than just average to me. He pushed up with every opportunity and ran some good runs everything needed by a NRL fullback. He is more than just a Mr fix it quality player, he's played representative footy with new Zealand as well. He will only improve and may take Tesi's Fullback spot for himself if he shows he can have the traits.

TMM got my vote as well, he was more than just average to me. He pushed up with every opportunity and ran some good runs everything needed by a NRL fullback. He is more than just a Mr fix it quality player, he's played representative footy with new Zealand as well. He will only improve and may take Tesi's Fullback spot for himself if he shows he can have the traits.
Hopefully. 9 more games to prove himself but Tesi is not first grade standard

To be honest TMM was the clear stand out player in the first half. Haas was missing for half of it due to injury and the attack and defence largely failed to fire.

Whereas TMM came up with 2 try savers and defused everything sent his way. His kick returns were also quite good with his footwork and not just being dragged back 5m.

If dogs score on the two tries he's involved in saving then it's at least 22-6 heading into half time (both were under the posts) and we arent in a position for Arey to win the game.

He may have dropped off a little in the 2nd half, but still continued to defuse everything.

I think his first half alone puts him in the conversation for top 3 players of the game.

To be honest TMM was the clear stand out player in the first half. Haas was missing for half of it due to injury and the attack and defence largely failed to fire.

Whereas TMM came up with 2 try savers and defused everything sent his way. His kick returns were also quite good with his footwork and not just being dragged back 5m.

If dogs score on the two tries he's involved in saving then it's at least 22-6 heading into half time (both were under the posts) and we arent in a position for Arey to win the game.

He may have dropped off a little in the 2nd half, but still continued to defuse everything.

I think his first half alone puts him in the conversation for top 3 players of the game.
A try saved is as good as a try scored. Two tries saved and Error free as far as I can remember. Those 2 he saved were the difference between us staying in the game and dropping our heads and imploding again IMO. TMM 100% deserves to be in the conversation for player of the round.

TMM deserves his votes and not for pitty but dam who ever gave Gamble their vote is 100% pitty. We are stuck with him and not much we can do.

TMM got a Dally M vote, for what it's worth. Reynolds 3, Haas 2, Martin 1.
Exactly my 321. Reynolds won us the game. Haas carried the pack. TMM saved the trys that could have lost us the game.

TMM wasn't a sympathy vote, saving two trys through determination is quality fullback play, without him we probably go too far behind, heads drop and we lose.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • bb_gun
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.