BHQ Player of Round Seven

Who is your player of Round Seven? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look, I do agree stats are only part of things but I cannot for the life of me understand your view that bench props are supposed to be 'impact players'. That's not what anyone thinks Kennedy is!! He's what he is and that's the 'no nonsense, straight up the guts make metres when you're thrown the ball' type of player.

He's never been seen, nor might I add been expected to change the game. He's there to grind it out and keep momentum going and even though you don't believe it that's exactly what he did in last week's loss. We went forward when he came on. Last week our 11, 12, 13 let us down. Oh, and his fellow benchies.

If they arent there to have an impact on the game whats the point of them? In a game when you are losing or not playing well, you need a player to stand up and do something different. Just coming off the bench and making meters did nothing for us. He, like everyone else last week, were easily contained. You need somebody to stand up and make a difference, like Reynolds did for example on Friday.

Look, I do agree stats are only part of things but I cannot for the life of me understand your view that bench props are supposed to be 'impact players'. That's not what anyone thinks Kennedy is!! He's what he is and that's the 'no nonsense, straight up the guts make metres when you're thrown the ball' type of player.

He's never been seen, nor might I add been expected to change the game. He's there to grind it out and keep momentum going and even though you don't believe it that's exactly what he did in last week's loss. We went forward when he came on. Last week our 11, 12, 13 let us down. Oh, and his fellow benchies.
No nonsense players don't throw stupid offloads on the regular, which is a big feature of his game.

Yes. Kennedy throws offloads as often as he can, and stuffs it up on the regular. No nonsense bench props don't throw offloads.
So, let me understand this then. What is the role you expect bench props to play? Can you describe one or are there types?

Yes. Kennedy throws offloads as often as he can, and stuffs it up on the regular. No nonsense bench props don't throw offloads.
How many offloads this year? Three games....one.

So, let me understand this then. What is the role you expect bench props to play? Can you describe one or are there types?
The conversation wasn't about a bench prop. I simply disagree with you calling him a no nonsense player.
How many offloads this year? Three games....one.
Is that the one that went straight to the opposition?

**** me, do we have a record saved anywhere of the most points one player has ever received in one game?

The conversation wasn't about a bench prop. I simply disagree with you calling him a no nonsense player.

Is that the one that went straight to the opposition?
So, your statement about offloading was wrong, yeah? One, in three games. If he's not a no nonsense type then you think he's a ball playing creative type? Or is there yet another'type" of bench prop?

So, you're statement about offloading was wrong, yeah? One, in three games. If he's not a no nonsense type then you think he's a ball playing creative type? Or is there yet another'type" of bench prop?
Ah so you only consider this year for him as a player? Not his career, his 3 games this year defines him as a player?

Voting will close in 1 hour.

If you haven't got your vote in, get it in now.

Voting is closed and with a total of 69 votes (100%), BHQ's Man of the Match for Round 7 is Adam Reynolds.

NRLRound7MOTMAdamReynolds

Te Maire Martin coming second with 39 votes (56.5%), and Selwyn Cobbo coming third with 34 votes (49.3%).

LEADERBOARD AFTER ROUND 7

1. Adam Reynolds168
2. Payne Haas156
3. Corey Oates146
4. Herbie Farnworth139
5. Kotoni Staggs84
6. Albert Kelly82
7. Patrick Carrigan79
8. Selwyn Cobbo50
9. Te Maire Martin39
10. Kurt Capewell37
11. Billy Walters25
12. Keenan Palasia19
13. Corey Jensen16
14. Cory Paix14
15. Kobe Hetherington9
16. Jake Turpin6
17. Tesi Niu5
18. Jordan Riki4
19. Rhys Kennedy4
20. Thomas Flegler3
21. Jamayne Isaako2
22. Ryan James2
23. TC Robati2
24. Tyson Gamble1
25. Brendan Piakura0
26. Brenko Lee0
27. David Mead0
28. Delouise Hoeter0
29. Ezra Mam0
30. Jordan Pereira0
31. Logan Bayliss0
32. Tyrone Roberts0
33. Xavier Willison0

Whoever gave Tyson Gamble 1 point is taking the piss.

TMM votes are 100% sympathy/feel good votes. There is no way he was top 3 for us in that game.
I think its more to do with the fact he played above expectations.
He was solid as a rock considering how long he has been out, and the circumstances that lead to his time away from footy, and to come back and be reliable and relatively error free is no joke.

Compare him to the others we have had at fullback, who have not had time off and performed worse and the votes are 100% warranted.
I am sure there is an element of sympathy involved, but not even close to 100% as you claim.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky24
  • Swordfish
  • Mustafur
  • bb_gun
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.