• Justin HODGES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mal MENINGA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was waiting for this poll!!

This is going to be the closest, except maybe the backrowers, for the entire QLD Greatest polling.

Firstly, Mal Meninga is the greatest centre of all time. Well, at least since i have watched footy.

Choppy has the personality and passion of QLD, however, he is up against the great Seagull and foundation Bronco; Gene Miles. Now let's not forget, there is still Jacko, the Pearl and the great Tiger-man Smith.

Great players, just watching some of these guys footage makes me wet, however you simply can't go past the line-breaking power and off loading finesse of big geno.

Mal and Geno....seriously, would be hard to find a combination that comes close to those two.

p.s. these youngsters...fair enough you are born in 1990, but hell, get a DVD or 3 out. Hodges...lolz [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Yeah I think this is the toughest of all the positions. Debated this one back and forth in my head for a long time, but finally settled on Mal and Geno. Are we going to vote on Best Manager - cause Choppy would have to get my vote for that for sure

Flutterby said:
Are we going to vote on Best Manager - cause Choppy would have to get my vote for that for sure

Surely Tosser Turner would have to win that one!

Would be a tough one but I'd still vote for Choppy. Tosser was in there when it all started and Qld really were driven by the memories of all those year's of being beaten by NSW teams full of Qlders. But Choppy was in there managing after that had really past (ie most of the players hadn't been born), so he had to re-create it for them.

Hammo said:
p.s. these youngsters...fair enough you are born in 1990, but hell, get a DVD or 3 out. Hodges...lolz [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

I'll have you know i was born in 1990. [icon_lol1.

I went for Meninga and Choppy pipped Gene for my other vote.

Who cares about the votes for Hodges.

I'm far more worried about the person who voted for Tate.. :shock:

Ikin had some moments of sheer brilliance in Origin but I don't think he deserves the vote over some of the other centers

BroncoMatt said:
Flutterby said:
Are we going to vote on Best Manager - cause Choppy would have to get my vote for that for sure

Surely Tosser Turner would have to win that one!

Not even a competition this one is it Matt, Tosser WILL be named manager of our side no questions asked. Saw Tosser today at the FOGS lunch and poor buggar can hardly talk and is as gaunt as, afraid think this will be his last SOO series he will get to see :cry:

As for centres I'll have to go for my clients in Mal and Geno [icon_wink

ethos said:

They're both shockers. Mal, Geno, Choppy, Coyne, Currie, Jackson, Renouf and Darren Smith>>>>>>>>Hodges and Tate, in terms of service to Queensland.

wat about the vote for ikin lol

Brent Tate came close......actually, no, not really, I can't back that up....I went Mal & Gene. I saw Mal play a couple of years ago in an exhibition game, he was still so awesome. I reckon he'd be better than Darius. Get out there Mal!

mrslong said:
Brent Tate came close......actually, no, not really, I can't back that up....I went Mal & Gene. I saw Mal play a couple of years ago in an exhibition game, he was still so awesome. I reckon he'd be better than Darius. Get out there Mal!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

You're nearly as bad as Stu vs Hunt.

Coxy said:
mrslong said:

[icon_ee No, surely not. i rate Darius's contribution to the cause this year...just think he's a bit soft for Origin just yet....ALTHOUGH I'd rather him there than Tate tbph.

mrslong said:
Coxy said:
mrslong said:

[icon_ee No, surely not. i rate Darius's contribution to the cause this year...just think he's a bit soft for Origin just yet....ALTHOUGH I'd rather him there than Tate tbph.

I don't think anyone really rates Boyd as a definite standout contender for Origin.

But, please, for the love of god, cast an eye over who is injured and suspended, then cast an eye over the alternatives and tell us ALL exactly who is left that would be so much better than Darius. Out of the few remaining, there aren't really any that are in better form imo.

Voted for Mal and Miles.

A minor correction on the stats, Tate has one MoM performance in the centres (game 3, 2006).
ethos said:

Tate's origin career >>> Hodges' origin career

The fact that Hodges has more votes than Choppy is farking ridiculous. I don't care if you aren't old enough to have seen him play, buy a dvd ffs. Choppy was an incredible center, and although Hodges is good, IMO he has a long way to go before he can be ranked up with the likes of Mal, Geno and Close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Allo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • eggstar10
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • Justwin
  • ezpz
  • RodF
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Redux
  • broncs30
  • marw
  • Strop
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.