Coaching Record
2 Series Coached, 0 Series on
6 Games, 2 Wins, 4 Losses

Mal Meninga
(2006-Current)
Coaching Record
3 Series Coached, 3 Series Wins
9 Games, 6 Wins, 3 Losses

Wayne Bennett for sure. Coached in 7 series and Queensland only lost 2 of them. What a legend!

Its got to be Wayne here surely! I went for him anyway, his record speaks for itself.

Honorable mentions to Fatty (95 all the way, with the bunch of nuffies he had) and Big Mal, who is in the midst of creating a current QLD dynasty. Mal will probably surpass Wayne if QLD continue to win

Hard to go past Artie. 14 games, 11 wins. That's a fair strike rate in any language!

On a Broncos forum, Bennett will win hands down.

However, so he should. Has done it in every decade. Artie is a legend, however the 80's team were so dripping in talent, that Steve Price was a direct by-product.

Mal is looking good, however I think the best part of Mal has come from his ability to get many ex player legends on board. Anyone else notice the who's who of QLD origin has been hanging around the dressing rooms for the last 3 series?

Hammo said:
On a Broncos forum, Bennett will win hands down.

However, so he should. Has done it in every decade. Artie is a legend, however the 80's team were so dripping in talent, that Steve Price was a direct by-product.

Mal is looking good, however I think the best part of Mal has come from his ability to get many ex player legends on board. Anyone else notice the who's who of QLD origin has been hanging around the dressing rooms for the last 3 series?

You mean Dr Wally [icon_lol1.

Bennett was voted the QLD coach of the century, was he not? Easy vote.

Go Hages!

Hmm... I think being up this early is affecting my mental health.

WB by a fairly huge margin here, but I think Fatty deserves an assistant role at least, solely due to 1995!

Win record of Artie is the only thing that can raise a question mark.

But what 100% tips it in Wayne Bennett's favour is that he won a series after Queensland's most humiliating defeat the year before. The turnaround between 2000 to 2001 was remarkable, and Bennett was the man most responsible for that. He shook up the way Queensland Rugby League was organised at rep level, and the result is Queensland holding the shield 5 of the last 8 years.

The success Meninga has achieved is in no small part due to the foundation Bennett lay in 2001-2003.

Mark Murray FTW People. CLEARLY an oustanding coach.

Voted for Mal over WB because he took over supposedly when NSW were on the brink of a dynasty to deliver 3 consec series wins.
He realised we couldn't keep picking the same guys and gave some young blokes a go. The pre origin camp where he gets the young up and comers to meet with the established origin players was a great idea as well

Dexter: all the stuff you mentioned Bennett did and established in 2001! :P

lol Michael Hagan and Mark Murray. If they get a vote surely it's a gee up.

Voted for Benny.... but give it a few years it could well be Mal on the top of my list.

Wayne, but if we win next year under Mal he gets my vote......

Yeah I think Mal would move into legendary status if he can guide Queensland to 4 straight series wins, especially in this era.

Coxy said:
Yeah I think Mal would move into legendary status when he guides Queensland to 4 straight series wins, especially in this era.
8-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Lurker
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncsNBundy
  • marw
  • Fatboy
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.