BHQ's Greatest Ever QLD State of Origin Fullback

Who is the Greatest QLD Origin Fullback

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
who voted for Robbie O'Davis. justify please

I voted for Lockyer of course..

But Colin Scott was a damn fine fullback for Wynnum, he played out of position on the wing for Qld. And most of the time it showed being caught out of position when there was a backline movement. WB has a history of playing fullbacks on the wing.

I always thought Scott was a better fullback than Belcher, Scott could've easily been one of our best ever fullbacks IMO

Belcher played for Souths Magpies and Canberra which WB was coach of, so it's no wonder why Belcher got the nod ahead of Scott at fullback.

Gee I wonder who's going to win this one...

I voted for Paul Hauff.

Ha, no I didn't. As if I'd vote for a dirty smelly police officer!

Remember in 2002 (?) when Lockyer GROUNDED that ball as he was flying over the dead-ball line....he was ROBBED by the Video Ref. Probably the worst decision in Origin history (closely followed by the Brett Hodgson knock on, and the NSW knockon/Gordy sendoff)

No brainer. Locky by a mile.

I did enjoy Belcher in his day - and I think Hauff did a great job.

I also think Julian O'Neill was a very good Qld fuulback. His best position IMO. Had some blinders.

Colin Scott.

QLD and Wynnum Royalty.

Nah, Lockyer, however, if Scott had of been 5 years younger, he would have played many more Origins. Belcher is a legend as well.

Lockyer (like the the other 2 L's) is a no brainer.

I voted for O'Neill to prevent Lockyer pissing it in...

Frank the Tank said:
Lockyer by a mile.

LOL at hunt even getting a vote.

Why didn't you vote for Slater? Clearly he's faster then Lockyer and would gain more meters on kick returns....

fenomeno said:
Frank the Tank said:
Lockyer by a mile.

Why didn't you vote for Slater? Clearly he's faster then Lockyer and would gain more meters on kick returns....
[icon_lol1.

Frank the Tank said:
fenomeno said:
[quote="Frank the Tank":g8zuye2y]Lockyer by a mile.

:roll:

slaters played what, 6 games, and not all of them at fullback? lockyer had that uncanny ability to break the line on kick returns and as such made a lot of metres. give slater the fullback spot consistently for a few series and i have no doubt he could perform almost as well as a fullback as lockyer did, but lockyer brought so much more to the team from the back than i think any other footballer ever will. slaters got an excellent strike rate too, and hes probably the only person in the game that couldve scored that try.[/quote:g8zuye2y]

LOL, now you're saying, if given the chance, Slater will become as good as lockyer one day? HAHAHHA

Frank the Tank said:
fenomeno said:
[quote="Frank the Tank":i9pk7km3]Lockyer by a mile.

:roll:

slaters played what, 6 games, and not all of them at fullback? lockyer had that uncanny ability to break the line on kick returns and as such made a lot of metres. give slater the fullback spot consistently for a few series and i have no doubt he could perform almost as well as a fullback as lockyer did, but lockyer brought so much more to the team from the back than i think any other footballer ever will. slaters got an excellent strike rate too, and hes probably the only person in the game that couldve scored that try.[/quote:i9pk7km3]

Slater has no chance of being as good a fullback as Locky. Not nearly as safe and not a fraction of the ball playing ability.

When Queensland lose on Wednesday, and Slater gets the punt or shifted to the wing, and Hunt reinstated to his rightful position, he will make it his own and become the 2nd best Queensland fullback of all time.

You heard it here first.

Frank the Tank said:
can you guys not read? or do you just have the comprehension skills of a piece of toast? :roll:

[quote="Frank the Tank":lbx3sp7i]give slater the fullback spot consistently for a few series and i have no doubt he could perform almost as well as a fullback as lockyer did

epic lulz that karmichael hunt is coming second [icon_lol1. . hes not even in the top 10.[/quote:lbx3sp7i]

Cool story, Hansel.

I think I'll call for Frank to name his top 10 Qld origin fullbacks then. You're up.

Frank the Tank said:
can you guys not read? or do you just have the comprehension skills of a piece of toast? :roll:

[quote="Frank the Tank":3o72pz3q]give slater the fullback spot consistently for a few series and i have no doubt he could perform almost as well as a fullback as lockyer did

epic lulz that karmichael hunt is coming second [icon_lol1. . hes not even in the top 10.[/quote:3o72pz3q]

Ok then, how does this sound, Slater will never ever be anywhere near as good as Darren Lockyer.

Well, you're getting closer to winning an argument I guess.

FTR, I'd have Hunt nowhere near the top few either. Yet. But I can see how any person in their early 20's somehow could rate 10 Qld fullbacks above him.

Unless, of course, it's ridiculously biased-glasses that one always seems to wear, while accusing others of exactly the same thing.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Wesser??? [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Bowen???? [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

SCHIF??? [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Santa
  • The True King
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ostin86
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • BroncosMan
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Kev_Guz
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.