VOTE BHQ's opinion on their second favourite team?

What NRL team is your second favourite team?

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

• Melbourne Storm

• Parramatta Eels

• Penrith Panthers

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

• St. George Illawarra Dragons

• Sydney Roosters

• Wests Tigers

• Total voters
Well I actually have a warriors jersey, hence I put that vote in. I was born in Newcastle so I do have a very soft spot for them, and eels were my team that kept me sane during Covid

I took second team to mean another team you either actively support after the Broncos and/or who you’d support if the Broncos weren’t there. I don’t have one in that case because I’d stop watching NRL if the Broncs weren’t there. I’d still be happy to hear the Warriors won in that case but wouldn’t tune in to see them do it.

Cowboys. Only because I'm in FNQ.
BE9079CE E173 46E6 9563 34BBF1968EEB

Reading through the list of teams through the lens of supporting one of them I feel nothing but utter contempt and total dislike of them all except for the Warriors. But I can’t really call them my ‘second team’. Happy got them to have success though.

It's Broncos all the way, and I hate everyone else! In saying that, over the last 10 years I've been to a lot of grand finals without the Broncos playing ... I usually just go for the underdog then (and they generally always lose 😞).

Years ago I had a soft spot for the Knights. Mainly because of the fan base, the Nanna Knights etc. Not now though.

Can't say I "like" the Dolphins, coz **** that. I do hope they go well though. Gotta love an underdog, I do like the style of footy they play &, well, Reddy.

Warriors have definitely grown on me.
Their fans bringing some fun to BHQ (cross forums, banner swaps) has had a lot to do with that. Love what they did during covid. The classy relationship with Broncos etc.
Watching them win the way they did last weekend was awesome.

At the end of the day though, there is only 1 club for me.

Warriors. Spent plenty of my childhood in Kiwi, and my first ever league match before I knew WTF it was, was Warriors vs Manly in Wanganui.

Good team to support, because I know they will never take a premiership away from the Broncos. @tajhay is pretty cool too.

Dolphins. Its a bit different now they are direct competitors to us but i want to see them do well.

I find it easier to have another team i want to do well watching League. I dont have the same attitude with Football.

Like many, the Warriors are deserving of universal support and appreciation. But if the Broncos aren't involved, I am not interested. I watch as many games as I can any given weekend, and like someone else said, some players I enjoy watching (and some I like to death-ride), but the Broncos is all I care about. Besides the Maroons of course.

Soft spot for the Raiders tbh as they were who I kind of supported prior to the Broncos joining. Don't really care if they win or lose though really.

I don't want to lose to any team, but it hurts less if the Warriors do it. Their fans are good *****.

I (like most others) have a soft spot for the Warriors but that's only because of the healthy relationship they have with the Broncos.

I wouldn't ever consider myself a fan of them but if they were to have success my attitude would be one of "good for them".

I used to follow the philosophy of "Not NSW" and I'd support them if the Bronc's weren't playing.

Then after the way Storm went, the way Cowgirls went, GC paying massive overs to poach our players etc. They can all get wrecked.

Warriors though - perpetual underdogs - play exciting footy - if it had to be any other team I could be "happy" about winning the comp - it would be those guys. They've been so hard done by over the years, the travel, living in Australia for 2-3 years, giving Reece back to us because we were good to them. If nothing else, I respect the club immensely for just being decent to us.

I watch a tad more footy these days than I used to. But I still mainly just care about the Bronx.

But, I like to see how NZ are travelling. Which is weird because in the Olympics I want the nation of NZ to lose at everything. But in RL, Let's gone Warriors.

Funny that so many are saying the warriors but I suspect (at least I know this to be true for me) that if they all of a sudden went on a Penrith like run of success we would find reasons to hate them lol

Been a Bronco fan since I was a kid and some of my earliest memories are of the Renouf runaway try in the GF against St George.

I got given a Storm jersey when they came into the comp in 98 and liked them the first couple of years until I grew out of the jersey - them winning the comp in 99 probably helped but lost interest after that.

Had a soft spot for the Cowboys because Queensland. But after 2015, **** 'em.
I've never considered the Tits a Qld team... probably because of players like Greg Bird being there.

These days, apart from Origin some test matches and finals, I rarely watch a game that the Broncos aren't playing. Can't stand any other codes either - more interested in the UFC.

Funny that so many are saying the warriors but I suspect (at least I know this to be true for me) that if they all of a sudden went on a Penrith like run of success we would find reasons to hate them lol

Pretty much this tbh, my hatred very much relies on a teams success. Couldn't give 2 shits about the Panthers 4-5yrs ago, now...I hope they crash and burn every week.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • barker
  • Jazza
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • Lurker
  • heartly87
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
  • LGH
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • mystico
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Fatboy
  • BooKhaki
  • The True King
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.