Big Bash League 2014/15

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The competition is well underway with four matches decided with a fifth match currently in progress between Perth/Adelaide and it's safe to say this form of cricket has taken off.

I thought I'd start by asking - who do you think will win this year's competition?

Can't say I've been following that closely but I may go with the favourites the Hobart Hurricanes who appear to be one of the most well rounded squads in the competition.

And so far, has anything stood out to you about this competition?

For me, while I was disheartened it happened to my Brisbane Heat, I couldn't help but appreciating that partnership from Kallis/Hussey. I don't know about you guys, but that masterclass of cricket is what gets me to tune in.

Yeah seeing Flintoff bowling to Hussey and Kallis was a treat. I think the Thunder look good but I like the look of the Strikers. Reardon got hit on the neck last night and it was similar to Hughes, a lot of concern there but he was ok.

Sandhu has bulked up and his pace has gone up too, he looks promising. Cummins had it swinging, cutting and was very quick, great to see. Ludeman's opening match hitting was the highlight so far for me. Gus the Goose is soooooo lame. Thats my thoughts.

Adelaide Strikers win.

Went right down to the wire with plenty of twists and turns. In the end, the Strikers did just enough to score the win but the Scorchers did really well with the ball.

Adelaide Strikers win.

Went right down to the wire with plenty of twists and turns. In the end, the Strikers did just enough to score the win but the Scorchers did really well with the ball.

Was loving it. I couldn't believe it when the commentators said "....nobody expected that..." when he hit that 6.....he was swinging at everything lol.

Loving the BBL. Only started getting into it at the end of last season and I'm glad it's back. Nice little hole filler during the NRL off season.

I couldn't believe it when I saw the Strikers won. A few big hits will get you a win in games like that.

Carberry played literally the worst t20 innings I've ever seen last night.

I am not kidding when I say everyone here would have done better as we would have at least got out quickly.

Haha yeah I have no idea why anyone would sign up Carberry, he is useless and lucky he didn't kill someone with that bat letting go thing. Worrell's bowl to himself for the Stars the either night was pretty funny too.

I believe Carberry went pretty well in the English T20 comp. TBH there isn't many decent internationals about.

Hurricanes or Thunder have got it this year.

My bet is probably on the Hurricanes, especially once Hales gets going.

Hurricanes or Thunder have got it this year.

My bet is probably on the Hurricanes, especially once Hales gets going.

Won't they lose Hales to the ODI series? Now that Cook is gone the opening spot is his.

Klinger's knock of 105* has the Scorchers in the box seat as the Renegades struggle to keep up.

Scorchers 3/192
Klinger 105*
Harris 53

Renegades 3/64 (10.4 overs)

BRACKENdorff is an absolute gun. Seems our four best short form bowlers are all lefties, interesting.

Rofl, Maxwell in the Heat V The Stars. The look on his face was priceless.

I'll say!! See Gilly and Flem's reactions? That was priceless.

B57yovDCAAANAqJ.jpg:large

Brisbane Heat win by 1 run.

They almost blew it with some very nervous last over bowling but held on by the narrowest of margins.

A very entertaining game between two of the lesser teams.

Great night out I'm proud to say I was there.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Jedhead
  • Organix
  • Inknition
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Strop
  • Tim K
  • Midean
  • eggstar10
  • Manofoneway
  • GCBRONCO
  • Nerd
  • Mustafur
  • Wolfie
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mighty Bronx
  • bert_lifts
... and 62 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.