Big Bash League 2014/15

Went to this with some mates. Was a great game, glad the heat held their nerve at the end.

Maxwell is a farce, I just wish the cricketing world would hurry up and realise it.

The injury rule needs to be adapted for this format. How Quiney can retire hurt in the 7th over and be back out there less than ten overs later is an absolute crock of shit

To be fair, Quiney didn't want to go off, it was White's call.

Went to this with some mates. Was a great game, glad the heat held their nerve at the end.

Maxwell is a farce, I just wish the cricketing world would hurry up and realise it.

The injury rule needs to be adapted for this format. How Quiney can retire hurt in the 7th over and be back out there less than ten overs later is an absolute crock of ****

Why?

You only need to be off to get a needle or treatment. What advantage did they gain? He clearly wasn't faking the injury, he can't get a runner.

Why?

You only need to be off to get a needle or treatment. What advantage did they gain? He clearly wasn't faking the injury, he can't get a runner.

What advantage? Having one of there biggest hitters able to stroll back in in the final overs to smack sixes around the park?

What advantage? Having one of there biggest hitters able to stroll back in in the final overs to smack sixes around the park?

He was injured! How's it advantage to get a batsman lose his momentum and come back unfit for a bit at the end. If it was a advantage they'd all do it every game. Momentum is everything in 20/20.

Smith could have gone off the other day retired hurt and come back later to gain this huge advantage- he would have got 300 then surely!

He was injured! How's it advantage to get a batsman lose his momentum and come back unfit for a bit at the end. If it was a advantage they'd all do it every game. Momentum is everything in 20/20.

Smith could have gone off the other day retired hurt and come back later to gain this huge advantage- he would have got 300 then surely!

Why bring test cricket into this? I have already said that the rule is fine but should be amended for 20/20. If you are genuinely injured enough to leave the field I can't say how your all good to return about half an hour later.

I mean isn't he rule that you can't return until the 7th wicket falls or something like that? For that very reason?

Last edited:
Why bring test cricket into this? I have already said that the rule is fine but should be amended for 20/20. If you are genuinely injured enough to leave the field I can't say how your all good to return about half an hour later.

I mean isn't he rule that you can't return until the 7th wicket falls or something like that? For that very reason?

How long do you think it takes to get treatment or a needle- NRL players come back on after a needle etc.

You're also ignoring the fact that you're cutting down the time a batsman faces- so instead of having your batsman face 50 balls you think it's an advantage to limit him to 23?

Why would that be an advantage?

A retired batsman can come back at the fall of any wicket.

I included Test cricket because the exact same thing can happen, Clarke could have come back out and batted in Adelaide and hit two sixes after retiring hurt- would India have had a complaint?

Last edited:
The Heat will Need 220 after this start. Superb batting so far

Deadset, Christian on 34* (8)!!

Just can't defend these big totals. Really need to recruit better internationals for next year.

Same shit different year from the Heat.

Brisbane Heat set a target of 152.

Strikers in response are 1/26.
CJ Simmons c Reardon b Gannon - 15 (17)

Strikers look like they're going to take it here.

Ross and Head have put 71 on together and it's made a huge difference.

I know he's done relatively well the first two games but Forrest looks like a liability to me. He's pretty fortunate to have made 33 in the end and he doesn't look to have enough shots or power in the bag to be effective in T20s. Even his one day strike rate is shit and I really don't know why you'd pick him as a T20 player. Milenko looked a far more likely type to me, but the Heat recruitment in general is pretty shit.

Saw the game tonight. I may have misheard but did Flintoff say in the commentary that his contract was for only 3 games? What the!? The BBL, despite its initial success, is in a lot of ways struggling for legitimacy among cricket fans. Stunts like this don't help its cause.

Saw the game tonight. I may have misheard but did Flintoff say in the commentary that his contract was for only 3 games? What the!? The BBL, despite its initial success, is in a lot of ways struggling for legitimacy among cricket fans. Stunts like this don't help its cause.

The Heat had originally signed Bandree from the West Indies that's why Flintoff was only meant to play 3 games. Unfortunately Bandree did his shoulder.

Absolute poo from the Heat last night. Didn't make enough runs and then bowled poorly. They look like an unhappy and unbalanced squad this year. Vettori really looks past it unfortunately.

It's common with the IPL and BB- players need to honour Test commitments and can only play limited games- having said that I don't know the reason it would apply to Flintoff.

Most likely back to delayed BBL tonight.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • BroncosMan
  • Organix
  • Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.