Billy Slater should be our next coach and the sooner the better.

Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
It was foolish to sign an unproved coach in Walters after the Siebold fiasco and it would be just as foolish to sign Slater, if you want to bone Kevvie i would go for Flannagan .
Or Madge

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Flanagan has more trouble forming a sentence than Walters does. The bloke is dumb and listening to him every week tells me he fluked that premiership win. He got lucky in the NRL's Fairytale Era.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
It was foolish to sign an unproved coach in Walters after the Siebold fiasco and it would be just as foolish to sign Slater, if you want to bone Kevvie i would go for Flannagan .
Because foolish decisions regularly result in markedly improved outcomes LOL

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Flanagan has more trouble forming a sentence than Walters does. The bloke is dumb and listening to him every week tells me he fluked that premiership win. He got lucky in the NRL's Fairytale Era.
Lucky....or

his team was finally benefiting from years of systematic PED abuse?

Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
Do you mean you want them to sign Madge?, i hope not, Flanagan is the best coach with no club atm..
I want Broncs to succeed under Walters but if they don't I would pick Madge not Flanagan

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Don't need intelligence otherwise Seibold would of worked, most important factor I think is chemistry with players, then the game plan ideals.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Don't need intelligence otherwise Seibold would of worked, most important factor I think is chemistry with players, then the game plan ideals.
Intelligence is definitely needed and if you don’t have it you’re probably not smart enough to surround yourself with people who are smart enough.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Intelligence is definitely needed and if you don’t have it you’re probably not smart enough to surround yourself with people who are smart enough.
Henry Ford was borderline retarded and he ran one the biggest companies ever made while he was alive, it doesn't take a genius to know who is smarter then you.

A football Club in comparison is toddlers play to run I think simple blokes can easily be good coaches with the right people around them.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Henry Ford was borderline retarded and he ran one the biggest companies ever made while he was alive, it doesn't take a genius to know who is smarter then you.
Not saying we need a genius at the helm at all, just would prefer to not sack a loveable idiot for a cheating idiot.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Not saying we need a genius at the helm at all, just would prefer to not sack a loveable idiot for a cheating idiot.
I'm not in favour of ousting Kevvie at all, maybe this time next year if we decline but we have gained each year soo far with him and significantly so.

Can't believe some people honestly suggested Madge for example, the Tigpies didn't start at the best level but they consistently dropped lower under his reign the complete opposite of Kevvies track record to date.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I'm not in favour of ousting Kevvie at all, maybe this time next year if we decline but we have gained each year soo far with him and significantly so.

Can't believe some people honestly suggested Madge for example, the Tigpies didn't start at the best level but they consistently dropped lower under his reign the complete opposite of Kevvies track record to date.
I don’t want him gone either. I just want him to be smart enough to surround himself with the best assistants. I don’t know this English bloke we are bringing in next year so I can’t judge yet. If someone could just tell him how to use his bench, which players to name and create a game plan to beat other teams he’d be the perfect coach

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I don’t want him gone either. I just want him to be smart enough to surround himself with the best assistants. I don’t know this English bloke we are bringing in next year so I can’t judge yet. If someone could just tell him how to use his bench, which players to name and create a game plan to beat other teams he’d be the perfect coach
His bench use can be pretty shocking sometimes but I wouldn't rate it lower then Bennetts use in that department, he often has outside backs on the bench and atleast 1 player every couple of games just wont be used at all.

Also loves playing players who are 50/50 on being too injured to play which results in another injury.

he makes up for it with being the best coach in the business when it comes to get players to play for him but his tactics leave alot to be desired.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
His bench use can be pretty shocking sometimes but I wouldn't rate it lower then Bennetts use in that department, he often has outside backs on the bench and atleast 1 player every couple of games just wont be used at all.

Also loves playing players who are 50/50 on being too injured to play which results in another injury.

he makes up for it with being the best coach in the business when it comes to get players to play for him but his tactics leave alot to be desired.
Bennett also has runs on the board and has a bit of leeway for those mistakes. He was actually very good at surrounding himself with smarter people who did the more technical stuff/positive characters like Walters and Alfie.

I really hope Reynolds wants to move straight into coaching because he seems to have a brain for if. Someone at the club needs to be meticulous with video and find every other teams weaknesses.

L

Locky888

QCup Player
Aug 28, 2015
You'd think Kevvie who had a stint at the Storm as assistant coach would know how to beat the Storm but that has yet to happen. In contrast look at Bellamy, he knows the Broncos DNA back to front and he's utilised that inside knowledge to fk us over and over and over again.
In saying that, I reckon Reynolds will be a great coach. Look how he dismantled Souths in Round 1 and Round 9 using inside knowledge. Broncs are the new bogey team for Souths I reckon, don't mind facing them in the 1st round of finals.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
You'd think Kevvie who had a stint at the Storm as assistant coach would know how to beat the Storm but that has yet to happen. In contrast look at Bellamy, he knows the Broncos DNA back to front and he's utilised that inside knowledge to fk us over and over and over again.
In saying that, I reckon Reynolds will be a great coach. Look how he dismantled Souths in Round 1 and Round 9 using inside knowledge. Broncs are the new bogey team for Souths I reckon, don't mind facing them in the 1st round of finals.

Adam O'Brien was assistant at the Storm when they won some GFs and he is a truly rubbish coach. Being around it doesn't always mean you know how to do it. This is absolutely not saying Kevvie is a rubbish coach, just responding to the point.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
They should be getting Josh Hannay as an assistant and grooming him for the position.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Cavalo
  • Rambstien
  • john1420
  • Lostboy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Santa
  • MrMoore
  • Harry Sack
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • Johnny92
  • johnyE
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • azza.79
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.