Billy Slater should be our next coach and the sooner the better.

At no point have Bellamy, Ivan and Robinson accepted scraping into the finals. Their teams may have done so, but they did not accept that. They didn't see that season as a success because of it. It's top 4 and a premiership every year, that's their goal. Because they have the attitude you need to win premierships.

To be a premiership heavyweight, you need maintained success so no it's impossible to become one in a single season. But there's a long history of teams finishing around the bottom of the ladder and making the top 4 the following season and being a genuine threat. There's one QLD team currently doing that, it's not us.

If you guys want to accept scraping into the 8 because the Raiders left their run too late, be my guest. But I keep hearing excuses in this thread that are quite frankly, rubbish.
Don’t rewrite history there bud. I’m sure the Panthers would’ve been more than happy to be in the 8 six years ago

Slater is a Melbourne suck and he delighted in thrashing us. I wouldn't want any of them near our coaching ranks. I'd happily tell him to go and get fucked and don't even think about earning a dollar from the club that he and his cheating team regularly fucked over.
So would you rather he coached Melbourne to continue flogging our arse? If he's the best man available and he's willing to get on board I'm all for him.

This petty idea that all Storm players/staff hate the Broncos is so petulant. I'm sure you'll all agree that Kevvie is not tainted despite doing a coaching stint down there.

I don't see many bagging out DD either. We want the best for the job and some of the attitudes that think the Storm are out to get us is just plain arrogance gone wrong. The Storm have always striven to be like us. as the old saying goes - mimicry is disguised flattery. Just so happens they're doing us better than we used to do us.

Of course they cheated on the cap. But so did we. We just never got caught.

If some of you are happy to put up with mediocrity that's all you're going to get from the future Broncos sides.

Nope. Kevy is our coach and he's doing great. Those who call for another change in coach have no footy brain.
Is he though? Even when we were winning, people noticed how shit his use of the bench is etc

I've held the opinion for years, he isn't a good coach, and won't become one. Just like Fittler, he's too much of a weirdo.

I think kevy has done a great job so far. Majority of the pro commentators think the same.

Slater has his farm down in Vic where he breeds thoroughbreds then he's got his 9 gig, origin and whatever things he has with the storm and he had a coaching position at St Kilda pre covid. All that would work in with his life on the farm doing the horses.
I doubt he would up and move to head North to coach here when he's got all that down there.. if he even wanted to coach full time.
If I were Kevvie I'd be talking to Billy to get him having a couple sessions with Walsh for "QLDs benefit"

After a 60 point flogging he makes one change (a slower centre) and that's it. Please!!!

I was all for Kevvie since he got the position. I'm officially off him. He will never make an elite coach. He really is a ditherer.

After a 60 point flogging he makes one change (a slower centre) and that's it. Please!!!

I was all for Kevvie since he got the position. I'm officially off him. He will never make an elite coach. He really is a ditherer.

do Bennett or Bellamy make great coaches ... because they don't make mass changes after big losses either

Slater fell into picking the best winger in the game this year due to injuries. He’s not perfect either
Nobody is perfect as they say. Some however, will never rise above mediocrity and I think Kevvie has reached his zenith.

do Bennett or Bellamy make great coaches ... because they don't make mass changes after big losses either
When was the last time a Bellyache team was flogged by 60? You’re having a laugh there matey.

Nobody is perfect as they say. Some however, will never rise above mediocrity and I think Kevvie has reached his zenith.
I do think picking between Paix, Turpin and Walters is way more difficult than Oates and Coates/Tualagi. It was such an obvious selection and he copped very little criticism for it.

Piakura has been a massive disappointment to date, particularly when you compare him to Nanai. I understand he has had no luck with injuries, but one would hope we start to see some return on our investment soon.
Look I can't control whether you feel disappointed or not but I think that is such a harsh expectation on Piakura this year. Last year was a little disappointing with the progression, yeah, but this year what the **** could the poor kid do. There hasn't been a single point in the season where I think really we could have safely played him in the NRL due to suspension, recurring injuries - mostly concussions - and a lack of game time in cup leading to low fitness levels. First year of a 400k investment - which may I add is nothing to get worked up about in grand scheme of things - and he hasn't been able to catch a break. He is a notoriously fiery trainer so I suspect he tries in that regard and from what I can tell he is amazing culturally. So really for his circumstances I think he has given us the best value to this club. No point comparing him with a bloke who hasn't been injured, has a place in the NRL and is performing off the back of a highly functioning side.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Broncorob
  • Lurker
  • The Don
  • Allo
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncs30
  • Morepudding
  • ezpz
  • rj9
  • Alec
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.