PLAYER Billy Walters

What role should Billy Walters play?

• Total voters
That CAN'T be right!
I have it on very good authority that you can't make big decisions based on trials.
Gee whiz guys, we are in trouble....Kev's way out of his depth :rofl

How dare he challenge his men to show him what they're capable of, ridiculous, isn't it?

Good point. Never thought of this... kevvie might be protecting him a bit...

I know everyone is thinking niu isn't back till round 3 or 4 but it's a grade 2 hamstring. He's a very slim chance of round 1, it'd be 4 weeks. Grade 2 hamstrings are normally 4-6 weeks.

He has been protecting a few of them and I remember him basically saying that halfway through the year last year, might have been in the presser where they gave TPJ the flick. He didn't want to bring them into a toxic environment.

There's a lot we don't see, any mug can load up youtube and watch the highlight plays but they don't see their fitness levels or what they do well and don't do well at training, only Kevvie and the coaching staff will know that.

Id actually go the other way and let Paix start, have the first 20-30mins, let Turpin come on before half time and start the second half, then bring Paix back on for a second stint in the second half.
Turps just hasn’t got anything in attack unfortunately, whilst he can defend, we really need some creativity and someone to jump on the back of the meters our forwards can make.
Look, i cant argue against this necessarily, but for mine i think we will really need Turps defence in the middle as the arm wrestle starts and both teams sort out who's pack is on top.

Then, once the games developed a rythem then we can briong him off for Piax who can then start to probe and search for lazy markers etc..

60 minutes for Turps as that defensive spounge and then Piax as the game breaker for the remainder..

Look, i cant argue against this necessarily, but for mine i think we will really need Turps defence in the middle as the arm wrestle starts and both teams sort out who's pack is on top.

Then, once the games developed a rythem then we can briong him off for Piax who can then start to probe and search for lazy markers etc..

60 minutes for Turps as that defensive spounge and then Piax as the game breaker for the remainder..
Our last couple of games last year Turpin seemed to move into a lock position when Paix came on and I think Kobe came off. If you want to give Paix more minutes bring him on earlier for the 13 and keep Turpin out there too tackle anything that moves, follow the forwards around and be there for the offload either to swing it wide quick or run off the back of it.

Id actually go the other way and let Paix start, have the first 20-30mins, let Turpin come on before half time and start the second half, then bring Paix back on for a second stint in the second half.
Turps just hasn’t got anything in attack unfortunately, whilst he can defend, we really need some creativity and someone to jump on the back of the meters our forwards can make.
So you want your dynamic hooker who is good against tiring defence, to start the game and grind out the first 20, then bring on the defensive 9 with less attack potency when the game starts to open up a bit.

I like the way you think.

So you want your dynamic hooker who is good against tiring defence, to start the game and grind out the first 20, then bring on the defensive 9 with less attack potency when the game starts to open up a bit.

I like the way you think.

I’d say the Turpin auto correct bug is at work.

The other thing with Turps is; we have a new halfback who hasnt played a minute with our team, and new five-eight, and new (unknown) fullback to begin the 2022 season.

Turps is the only established spine player.

So yeh...

The other thing with Turps is; we have a new halfback who hasnt played a minute with our team, and new five-eight, and new (unknown) fullback to begin the 2022 season.

Turps is the only established spine player.

So yeh...

Unless…Gamble is the forgotten man.

How about we see how Turpin improves with an actual 7. Turpin/Paix can be a good combo if they use them like the Raiders do. Start Turpin, and bench him or move him to 13 after 30mins and let Paix get to work.

He has been protecting a few of them and I remember him basically saying that halfway through the year last year, might have been in the presser where they gave TPJ the flick. He didn't want to bring them into a toxic environment.

There's a lot we don't see, any mug can load up youtube and watch the highlight plays but they don't see their fitness levels or what they do well and don't do well at training, only Kevvie and the coaching staff will know that.
How dare you call badel a mug!...

Hahah i rermeber everyone ( including me) at first was like why is billy Walters even in contention for 6 and now he has been our best player in the trials.

How about we see how Turpin improves with an actual 7. Turpin/Paix can be a good combo if they use them like the Raiders do. Start Turpin, and bench him or move him to 13 after 30mins and let Paix get to work.
Unless that halfback is Bronson Xerri's doctor, I can't imagine it'll help him much.
Slow, too scared to run. I hope he's not here in 2023 unless it's minimum wage. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at the Dolphins.

Unless that halfback is Bronson Xerri's doctor, I can't imagine it'll help him much.
Slow, too scared to run. I hope he's not here in 2023 unless it's minimum wage. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at the Dolphins.
Yeah I can't imagine how some experience and direction in the halves would help a young hooker.

After the trials....

I actually think the best balance for the side is

6. Mam
7. Arey
9. Paix
14. Walters

Walters looked best at hooker and was able to read the play well once coming straight on, which is the whole point of an impact sub hooker. Paix however did the same thing... This week will be a good test to see if he can have the same impact as a starter.

Mam tackled well and didn't look out of place. He ran the ball when he needed to and while he looked Milford like, he didn't look LOST with no answers. Each time he ran he made extra metres and tackle breaks - and is still scoring tries each time he plays.

If Paix doesn't go well this weekend starting, unfortunately we'll likely see Turpin back in. But my preference would be to keep him out altogether and go with Billy 9, Paix 14.

I wasn't sold on Mam getting a shot so soon but I'm warming up to the idea

After the trials....

6. Mam
7. Arey
9. Paix
14. Walters

Walters looked best at hooker and was able to read the play well once coming straight on, which is the whole point of an impact sub hooker. Paix however did the same thing... This week will be a good test to see if he can have the same impact as a starter.

Mam tackled well and didn't look out of place. He ran the ball when he needed to and while he looked Milford like, he didn't look LOST with no answers. Each time he ran he made extra metres and tackle breaks - and is still scoring tries each time he plays.

If Paix doesn't go well this weekend starting, unfortunately we'll likely see Turpin back in. But my preference would be to keep him out altogether and go with Billy 9, Paix 14.

Not bad I'd be happy with that

After the trials....

6. Mam
7. Arey
9. Paix
14. Walters

Do you know who topped the line-engagaement stats in 2021 for us?

It was Milford! With 69 (diggity).

Reynolds did it 182 times, the league leader in 21.

With that stat alone, id like to see some more ball playing in our pack this year.

Just suttle stuff you know, not TPJ level pass for the sake of passing shit...

Carrigan maybe pop one of two a game, Haas as well...

And yes, i think Paddys job for us is in the front row, not at lock.

Do you know who topped the line-engagaement stats in 2021 for us?

It was Milford! With 69 (diggity).

Reynolds did it 182 times, the league leader in 21.

With that stat alone, id like to see some more ball playing in our pack this year.

Just suttle stuff you know, not TPJ level pass for the sake of passing shit...

Carrigan maybe pop one of two a game, Haas as well...

And yes, i think Paddys job for us is in the front row, not at lock.

That's one thing I noticed that probably goes unnoticed by any ordinary fan, Reynolds really digs into the line and then passes out the back. You need to engage someone before putting on set plays or they'll just slide and eventually hurl the winger into touch

That's one thing I noticed that probably goes unnoticed by any ordinary fan, Reynolds really digs into the line and then passes out the back. You need to engage someone before putting on set plays or they'll just slide and eventually hurl the winger into touch
Yep, he got both the opposing half and second rower to square up on him and the decoy second rower, and then would just put it out the back for walker to ice the 3 on 2.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • NSW stables
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • jd87
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fitzy
  • broncotville
  • Dony Eliakim
  • LittleDavey
  • Browny
  • phoenix
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Mister Wright
  • Dash
  • Manofoneway
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.