Bird - 8 Week Suspension

Why would it be wrong? They drop the emotion, they drop their knowledge of the game and this bullshit of "Oh but it does happen sometimes, so it's ok".

Take Sir Lawrence Street for example. Independent.

"His wrist brushed that guy's ear. 2 weeks".

"His wrist brushed that guy's ear. 2 weeks".

"Let us refer to the rule book. Yep, looks like what he did wasn't illegal"

Seriously. Give me a decent reason why it won't work.

I don't care whether they have a history with the game, and frankly, it probably would be better if they did, to better understand circumstances, but I would demand 2 things: Consistency and Common Sense, both of which are sorely lacking from both the MRC and Judiciary.

"Let us refer to the rule book. Yep, looks like what he did wasn't illegal"

Seriously. Give me a decent reason why it won't work.

[MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION] - Bump.

Exactly what I said. Slightest incidental contact with the head would be a suspension.

SO tell me, all those people who go through the courts and are sentenced, do they need a judge who's an expert in their field?

Your example is poor. Really, really poor. Try again if you want.

SO tell me, all those people who go through the courts and are sentenced, do they need a judge who's an expert in their field?

Your example is poor. Really, really poor. Try again if you want.

I'm far too lazy to try again. I see your point about the courts. In fact, you've probably nailed it. Because the people who bitch about the NRL judicial system are NRL fans or in the biz. I'm sure you'll find that "experts" of whatever field would be similarly critical of any ruling on something in their field too. So an unconnected judiciary would probably work and be fair - it's just the fans who won't like it.

The fans don't like anything.

True. More calls this morning about "that tackle doesn't deserve 8 weeks". Duh, of course it doesn't. That tackle deserved like two or three, but he's being sat out for 8 because he has a record of being a dirty ****. It's really not that hard to comprehend, is it? Once again, same fuckwits who would have bleated "how many times does Reynolds need to trip someone before he gets a bigger suspension?".

and they wonder why they are hated?

can't imagine the blowback if QLD tried that

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Broncorob
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • bb_gun
  • Wolfie
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • The True King
  • Bucking Beads
  • Bish
  • Aldo
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.