NEWS Bird: see you next year

Gotta say....yeah, this **** is made of glass. Another Jordon Kahu.

**** him off.
I understand you're feeling frustrated..

But mate. Have a good time watching the game this Friday from your couch with a cold one probably how you are right now.

Jack Bird has put in a **** tonne over the last year and especially it seems the last few months..

All of us have done jack shit compared to what he's gone through.

He's a Bronco - the guy needs support right now.

Bunch of you are being really shit fans in my book.

It feels a bit like the Tony Ferguson vs Khabib upcoming UFC fight. Everytime that match up has been scheduled, you get your hopes up and get excited only to see it taken away from you because of freak injuries before the product even takes place. Pretty much carbon copy of Jack Bird’s career at the Broncos thus far.

I rate Bird and really want to see him get through this to get back on the park and wish him all the best but when is enough enough in terms of planning ahead as a club? This one is hard to take. 3 years in a row on his salary is crippling as a club whose salary cap management is already a mess.

Knowing our luck, he will have his one injury free year when he is coming off contract next year, earn himself a new big deal and then go back to being injured again. Either that or he gets picked up at half price by the Storm or Roosters and played every single game. Our luck is beyond believable

Positive side of this...

Gets op straight away, rehabbed by July August. He literally has 12 months to get everything solid and strong again. 2021 be the year he finally kicks ass?

Positive side of this...

Gets op straight away, rehabbed by July August. He literally has 12 months to get everything solid and strong again. 2021 be the year he finally kicks ass?
I've as good as written the entire sporting world off this year to Covid so yeah 2021 will be our year. Maybe it will save Seibold's skin too.

Has Bird got E/W eyes or is he trying to look for his happy place in that first photo?

Last edited:
Players that suffer ACL injuries often keep suffering them. Every chance he just does it again next year.

Players that suffer ACL injuries often keep suffering them. Every chance he just does it again next year.
He also has rheumatoid arthritis, which progressively ***** your joints, making it harder and harder to rehab the same joint over and over.

Am so gutted, as I'm sure you all are too. Painful, painful fucken day for Broncos and supporters.

Starting 17 - All year long, win for Bird.

Positive side of this...

Ground hog day

Seems a good bloke, but unless he gets dally m and wins us the comp next year, he has been without a doubt the worst purchase in club history.
Scott Prince broke his leg twice in quick succession moved on and never looked back.

In other words, I don't want to give up a guaranteed cushy income.

This is the third player that has done this shit to us in a couple of seasons: Boyd, Kahu and Bird. these player option contracts can get fucked. I don't care if it makes recruitment harder, from now on the club gets the final word, no questions asked.

This is the third player that has done this shit to us in a couple of seasons: Boyd, Kahu and Bird. these player option contracts can get fucked. I don't care if it makes recruitment harder, from now on the club gets the final word, no questions asked.

say we don't give Bird the option, we give him a straight contract instead ... guess what happens next season ...

yep, Bird is still with us as he has a year to go on the contract ... what's the difference

say we don't give Bird the option, we give him a straight contract instead ... guess what happens next season ...

yep, Bird is still with us as he has a year to go on the contract ... what's the difference

I've got some bad news Foordy, Bird's 2021 is not going to be that impressive, even if he plays 24 games. Coming off 2 straight ACL tears, there is no chance he returns the same player.

Those of us saying cut our losses aren't taking it out on Bird, we're taking it out on an embarrassment of a club that cannot seem to get its shit straightened out without some monumental **** up or act of bad luck like this pushing us back down again. Why does this shit not happen to Melbourne ever? Or the Roosters? These injury issues we've been having are a consequence of shit training and club mechanics IMO.

Last edited:
Why does this shit not happen to Melbourne ever? Or the Roosters? These injury issues we've been having are a consequence of shit training and club mechanics IMO.

I’ve also often wondered this. They seem to not have consistent injuries to big names like other clubs do.

It could be that the train smarter and have better systems and medical staff, but I’d also be testing what they put in their water if you catch my drift [emoji848]

Last edited:
I've got some bad news Foordy, Bird's 2021 is not going to be that impressive, even if he plays 24 games. Coming off 2 straight ACL tears, there is no chance he returns the same player.

Those of us saying cut our losses aren't taking it out on Bird, we're taking it out on an embarrassment of a club that cannot seem to get its shit straightened out without some monumental **** up or act of bad luck like this pushing us back down again. Why does this shit not happen to Melbourne ever? Or the Roosters? These injury issues we've been having are a consequence of shit training and club mechanics IMO.

I've got news for you ... it happens to both of those clubs.

The Roosters had their captain (Jake Friend) side line for the majority of last season. and this season they lost their preferred Latrell Mitchell replacement to none other than an ACL injury

The Storm lost one of the bench props to an ACL injury during the middle of last season ... because of this injury the Storm's chances of getting him off their books (to relieve their obvious cap issues) fell through. This probably helped us get Croft a player we desperately needed.

The Storm also lost Brandon Smith to a fractured face that happened in the All Stars game

in fact i happens to every club

Bulldogs have Chris Smith (MCL/ACL) Keiran Foran (shoulder) injured in All Stars / NZ games

Dragons lost their new captain to a knee injury in the nines

The Sharks lost Cameron King to an ACL injury that occurred in a trial game

The Raiders need to start the season minus their best back rower (John Bateman) still recovering from a shoulder recon

i could go on and on ... but you get the point

Active Now

• IceWorks
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Fozz
  • RodF
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brocko
  • jd87
  • MrMoore
  • theshed
  • Strop
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.