Blake Ferguson - Indecent Assault Allegation - Suspended

Yeah you're probably right. MJ hardly appeals to the greater audience.

I'm a fan of the biff being taken out of the game. It really is an ugly look for our game and really shouldn't have any place on TV sets around the country.

Absolutely. And you only have to look at the reaction of my wife to it. She saw the Gallen punches over and over again, and then the "highlight reels" of other Origin biff and she just said "our kids are never playing that game".

And I'm sure she's not the only one who feels that way. Frankly I don't want my kids involved in a game that glorifies violence.
I don't want my kids involved in a game where the culture is all about alcohol and misogyny.

The NRL has done a pretty good job since the dark days of Coffs Harbour etc to clean the game up. But there's only so far it can go before the players themselves - at ALL levels - start taking responsibility and facing the consequences.

Like I said, supporters who aren't dinosaurs or rednecks ... ie, not Matty Johns' target audience.

LOL ......the target audience on a Fox pay for TV RL programme would be RL fans

obviously not those who would be better suited to watching "The Block" or "Better Homes & Gardens"

Absolutely. And you only have to look at the reaction of my wife to it. She saw the Gallen punches over and over again, and then the "highlight reels" of other Origin biff and she just said "our kids are never playing that game".

And I'm sure she's not the only one who feels that way. Frankly I don't want my kids involved in a game that glorifies violence.
I don't want my kids involved in a game where the culture is all about alcohol and misogyny.

The NRL has done a pretty good job since the dark days of Coffs Harbour etc to clean the game up. But there's only so far it can go before the players themselves - at ALL levels - start taking responsibility and facing the consequences.

How do you and wife feel as parents....... kids playing X-box games

such as Grand theft auto, mortal combat etc etc ?

How do you and wife feel as parents....... kids playing X-box games

such as Grand theft auto, mortal combat etc etc ?

My kids can't touch the xbox. They play games on the Wii, which are Wii sports and Skylanders.

My kids can't touch the xbox. They play games on the Wii, which are Wii sports and Skylanders.

It's hard to take this comment seriously with your current Avatar. "Your kids" shouldn't be playing any video games. Those war crimes don't commit themselves, y'know ;)

Someone surely has to start asking questions about what's wrong at Canberra. Their culture has problems and in recent times they have lost Carney, Monahagn, Dugan and now probably Ferguson.

We know in Dugans case he was given a few warnings but the more telling point for mine was them letting him make his debut after not turning up to training with no phone call to let anyone know in the week before.
That is a lack of discipline from the club, it's no wonder they seem to have more problems than any other club.

Imagine that backline together along with Campese Wighton and Lee, that's some serious strike power which should be still at Canberra.

Someone surely has to start asking questions about what's wrong at Canberra. Their culture has problems and in recent times they have lost Carney, Monahagn, Dugan and now probably Ferguson.

We know in Dugans case he was given a few warnings but the more telling point for mine was them letting him make his debut after not turning up to training with no phone call to let anyone know in the week before.
That is a lack of discipline from the club, it's no wonder they seem to have more problems than any other club.

Imagine that backline together along with Campese Wighton and Lee, that's some serious strike power which should be still at Canberra.

1 team town run by 1 family (the Furners).

We should sign him if Canberra sack him, after his suspension is up. Hodges isn't getting any younger, and without hodges we'll get the wooden spoon with this current team

Someone will, that much is assured, so why can't it be us?

Our club has no aura left, no prestige, no intimidation, no fear, no great players and no way of attracting any. We need to pick up on any break we can get, and a player like ferguson would be a godsend to our team. He's in sublime form, young, not injury prone, and is probably going to served up on a silver platter. We need to take some of these chances, like st George did. They look 10 times the team they were a month ago with Dugan there.

Doesn't seem like he'll get the sack from the Faders.

Canberra Raiders will stand by troubled star Blake Ferguson says chairman John McIntyre | Rugby League, NRL Scores, NRL Ladder | Fox Sports

However, long-standing chairman McIntyre then told the Canberra Times the board would definitely stand by and help Ferguson get through his problems.
"I sent my thoughts around to the board via email today and they've responded," he said.

As far as recruitment is concerned, I've got mixed feelings. I like him as a player but he's got a history of buggering up.

Last edited:
I had no problems with signing Dugan, still don't tbh. Offer him to us today and I'll still take him. Sure he's a dick who makes a lot of mistakes, but honestly, nothing Dugan has done is that offensive.

Ferguson sexually assaulted woman. That is far worse than anything Dugan has done ever.

I had no problems with signing Dugan, still don't tbh. Offer him to us today and I'll still take him. Sure he's a dick who makes a lot of mistakes, but honestly, nothing Dugan has done is that offensive.

Ferguson sexually assaulted woman. That is far worse than anything Dugan has done ever.

Dugan makes me laugh when I look at him ........kinda harmless idiot head with a razor hair part and tats. I half like him.

Ferguson's smarmy character makes me want to punch him in the face

(oopps no punching allowed...... I mean I'd like to rattle off a few well chosen personal insults in a letter and send it off to him in the mail. :thumbup1: )

Have to admit to having similar feelings watching Dugan tear it up for StMerge as when watching Gagai play well for the Knoughts.....a tinge of regret.

Dugan fullback ....Hodges and Gagai .......Hoffman. It's not looking too bad. :sad:

Canberra will hold on to him. They flicked Carney, he killed it at other clubs, flicked Dugan he's (so far) killing it. It's a tough choice but I understand why they would stand by Fergy.

Honestly though how do you get smashed and indecently assault a woman and not get sacked. To be honest I'm getting sick of grubs like fergusen in this game

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Stix
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Hurrijo
  • Culhwch
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.