Blake Green signs with Knights

Allo

State of Origin Rep
Short memory ?
If I remember correctly Kodi Nikorima was knocked out in the 1st 5 minutes against the Broncos and Blake Green steered the ship . Looked good doing it too !

Croft is not a half back ...
Bellamy would not have dropped him , then let him go if he was the real deal .
Can`t count to 6 , can`t tackle , piss weak long kick ,doesn`t organise . Great buy .

How far away is O Sullivan ?
SoS posted an almost identical IG post as Turps did last week:

‘soon’

PNG Broncos fan88

QCup Player
Port Moresby
What's Matt Burton at Penrith doing?
Lanky tall and footy smart, oozing poise and class but stuck behind May and Luluai - would be a handy pick up at 5/8.

SBW is another one, teach the young forwards a thing or two - can we lure him back from SL?

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
What's Matt Burton at Penrith doing?
Lanky tall and footy smart, oozing poise and class but stuck behind May and Luluai - would be a handy pick up at 5/8.

SBW is another one, teach the young forwards a thing or two - can we lure him back from SL?
Fair call on Burton but I think our forwards are reasonable and will be better when Lodge gets back. I'd probably use Lodge and Kennedy to start the match, just to absorb the early punishment and replace them after 15-20 with Haas and Flegler or even switch Flegler and Kennedy around.

Brocko

QCup Player
Brisbane
Fair call on Burton but I think our forwards are reasonable and will be better when Lodge gets back. I'd probably use Lodge and Kennedy to start the match, just to absorb the early punishment and replace them after 15-20 with Haas and Flegler or even switch Flegler and Kennedy around.
Curious, why would we bench a FRF in Haas who is top 10/top 5 in so many stats and was voted as a top 5 FRF?

Just going off your stats in the other thread.

Surely a top tier FRF should be starting and wouldn't need help absorbing the early punishment.

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
Curious, why would we bench a FRF in Haas who is top 10/top 5 in so many stats and was voted as a top 5 FRF?

Just going off your stats in the other thread.

Surely a top tier FRF should be starting and wouldn't need help absorbing the early punishment.
Oh, I totally understand why you would say that. You might also note that I wrote that Haas was being used as a battering ram and didn't appear to be enjoying his football. So it was with that in mind I'd demonstrate to him that I saw him as more than just a work mule.

I'm sure you also saw I wrote that I'd give him free reign to play the game like he used to, running when he wanted to, taking chances when he wanted to, giving him back the way to have fun again. I even said I'd tell him he could do all that but he'd have to face his teammates if his decisions consistently hurt his team and forced them to do more than was neccessary.

I didn't suggest this without a reason or an underpinning logic. It isn't whimsical.

Last edited:

vertigo

NRL Captain
Yet Melbourne can have Smith ahead of two first grade hookers for years with no complaints?
Are you seriously comparing the fortunes of waiting to play in a storm team coached by Bellamy to the Broncos??

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
What a terrible signing that would be.

At least in the case of Te'o and Luke you could understand why the Broncos went to the market for them. With Green, it would only be a short term solution and even so he isn't capable of playing the consistent brand of football the Broncos require.

The Broncos need to stop looking at these quick fixes and need to think long term. They will have to hit the market, but they have to be smart about which players they bring to the club.

JungleBoogie

NYC Player
Oh, I totally understand why you would say that. You might also note that I wrote that Haas was being used as a battering ram and didn't appear to be enjoying his football. So it was with that in mind I'd demonstrate to him that I saw him as more than just a work mule.

I'm sure you also saw I wrote that I'd give him free reign to play the game like he used to, running when he wanted to, taking chances when he wanted to, giving him back the way to have fun again. I even said I'd tell him he could do all that but he'd have to face his teammates if his decisions consistently hurt his team and forced them to do more than was neccessary.

I didn't suggest this without a reason or an underpinning logic. It isn't whimsical.
Does that mean you would prefer him at lock? A front rower needs an extremely basic role to ensure the team moves up the field and slows down the other team.

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
Does that mean you would prefer him at lock? A front rower needs an extremely basic role to ensure the team moves up the field and slows down the other team.
No, not lock. I do understand what a traditional prop role is but in my mind, Haas is not traditional. I think he's got other skills and yes, I know he was purchased to do a certain job. I explained my thinking in my last post and I'll reiterate one part, Haas doesn't appear happy being used as a battering ram.

Being happy is an essential part of a well balanced player(person) and I simply believe that I'd get more from Haas. It's been said that every player sees themselves as a playmaker and that was true of another giant, Dave Taylor. In my view coaches simply didn't let him enjoy the game, didn't let him loose. He would have been a true delight to watch had he been coached by the Walkers brothers. I think that similarly Haas needs to enjoy the game again.

Hey, don't agree, it's fine😁 Please though, don't explain to me whats3 required for the prop. When I was a kid and played the coach always threw me the number 11 or 13 and I didn't want them. The only thing I got was fat lips and bloody noses, not much 'fun' to be had.

JungleBoogie

NYC Player
Sorry but if you want to play him like a lock then play him lock.

We are the worst in the league at moving down the field and stopping the other team - this is basically all the forwards in attack and whole team in def. We can't have our front rowers not wrestling and making quick metres with fast play the balls. This isn't 70s/80s football. Look at the good teams.

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
Sorry but if you want to play him like a lock then play him lock.

We are the worst in the league at moving down the field and stopping the other team - this is basically all the forwards in attack and whole team in def. We can't have our front rowers not wrestling and making quick metres with fast play the balls. This isn't 70s/80s football. Look at the good teams.
Fine, disagree away. Pretty sure I didn't say he didn't have to do some of the donkey work though but for some of you, it's either or. I just wanted Haas to not do donkey work continuously but I suspect you already know this but need to score a point or two against old Huge. Okay, you win. My ideas terrible and whatever you think is spot on👌

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Are you seriously comparing the fortunes of waiting to play in a storm team coached by Bellamy to the Broncos??
Absolutely. Harry Grant is 22, he's been waiting for years, not months and he may still wait another year yet. That's a long time to wait for someone who would be a walk up starting 9 in many other teams. Do you not find that a little crazy that a player is willing to wait that long? NRL careers are short.

Last edited:

vertigo

NRL Captain
Absolutely. Harry Grant is 22, he's been waiting for years, not months and he may still wait another year yet. That's a long time to wait for someone who would be a walk up starting 9 in many other teams. Do you not find that a little crazy that a player is willing to wait that long? NRL careers are short.
I meant its different to want to wait to play for the storm than the Broncos.

I wouldn't begrudge Dearden leaving first shot he gets somewhere else. The way he's been treated at the Broncos stinks plus there's no bright future waiting for him here.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
If losing Ash Taylor has set us back ten years how much has signing Seibold set us back?

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I meant its different to want to wait to play for the storm than the Broncos.

I wouldn't begrudge Dearden leaving first shot he gets somewhere else. The way he's been treated at the Broncos stinks plus there's no bright future waiting for him here.
If Dearden can't wait 12 months then so be it, half the reason we suck is because of too many selfish players who don't actually love the club. If Dearden rated himself, he'd stick it out and force his way in. There'll be a new coach soon enough and the halves combo won't stick when we're this shit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.