Blake Green signs with Knights

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
Just gone through Haas's stats for the season so far. He's still in beast mode considering he's been in a badly beaten side nearly every week. In the top 5 or 6 props in nearly every category.
No doubt about it, he certainly is doing well in the stats. Of course, on this forum stats don't mean anything, they don't take into account blah blah and so and so. On here, if stats don't suit the narrative then they apparently become meaningless.

I don't feel that that is true. Stats do tell part of every story. In this case it reveals Haas is playing long minutes, is making fewer metres, has regressed from 2019 but is still going well. I believe that by playing with fewer minutes but better management he could quite readily top the stats in most areas.

If people out there are seeing a happy Haas then I need my eyes checked. I see a proud competitor but I believe he has dropped off and I suspect he's dissatisfied and feels underpaid and taken for granted. He looks to me to be just going through the motions but because his 'B' game is most other props 'A' it's not being noticed. I think he's not being used properly and he could be so much more than a just a battering ram.

I don't really give much thought to why someone disagrees with me, unless of course they explain their reasoning.

Last edited:

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto
No doubt about it, he certainly is doing well in the stats. Of course, on this forum stats don't mean anything, they don't take into account blah blah and so and so. On here, if stats don't suit the narrative then they apparently become meaningless.

I don't feel that that is true. Stats do tell part of every story. In this case it reveals Haas is playing long minutes, is making fewer metres, has regressed from 2019 but is still going well. I believe that by playing with fewer minutes but better management he could quite readily top the stats in most areas.

If people out there are seeing a happy Haas then I need my eyes checked. I see a proud competitor but I believe he has dropped off and I suspect he's dissatisfied and feels underpaid and taken for granted. He looks to me to be just going through the motions but because his 'B' game is most other props 'A' it's not being noticed. I think he's not being used properly and he could be so much more than a just a battering ram.

I don't really give much thought to why someone disagrees with me, unless of course they explain their reasoning.
Well, I for one think you are absolutely on the money. Further, I think if we do not act to address some of those issues, we are at risk of losing him as well.

JAHHW

NRL Player
Well, I for one think you are absolutely on the money. Further, I think if we do not act to address some of those issues, we are at risk of losing him as well.
Wouldn’t that be a legacy...
Worst season ever (possible spoon), lost the two most promising young forwards of their era.
Something to hang your hat on.

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
Wow, cheers. I wrote about Haas and this very thing quite some months ago because even then body language (and instincts I suppose) made me think I saw a festering issue. I'm concerned we are bashing a kid and truthfully I never forgave the NRL for Adam Ritson. The fact that I actually looked like him when young made me empathetic and I feared for him, seeing him bashed by much older men when truly still just a boy in an overdeveloped body.

That, more than anything else is at the heart of my objection to the way he's being abused. Give that grunt work to older heads. Yes, I know that applies to other young guys in our team to and my suggestions would put other young men in a similar situation but what I really want to see is an evening out of the grunt work so the superior work of Haas can be distilled into a shorter time frame. More quality, less time and damage.

Besides, there's not the head hunting of Ritson's era so it definitely isn't as dangerous on the field. I'm just an old dad about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.